• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I can marry a man, but not more than one woman...

While I disagree with it personally, I think polygamy should be perfectly legal.

No, most people say sex. Or making love. Or f***ing. Shag is not what most people say. But we're getting off-topic, so let's get back on topic.

Oh...you never actually came back to your topic. Should I assume it's because I completely exposed your nonsense?

Going for an all time record on a ban I guess.

Is this supposed to be a "subtle" slippery slope thing?

Is this supposed to be a "subtle" slippery slope thing?

i dont really think its that unreasonable.

more religions allow you to marry a few women than allow you to marry a man.

Im not being funny, but this doesnt make sense.

If i want to i can marry a man.

Cheers for that.

But i cant marry a few women. I have to make do with the same piece of ass forever.

This is not what more guys want. Surely i should be able to marry a few women if i have the means to support them.

I want variety in my sex life and i think most guys do.

This seems like a good idea, and historically speaking its nothing new.

Lets end the bull**** whereby guys go out and have multiple partners and lie about it.

Id settle for about 3 - 5 and a yearly holiday to spice things up a bit.

Maybe twice a year even.

Excellent point...Now...

Would be just as ok if one of your multi wives wanted to marry several other men and she had means to support them. Would you allow that in your marriage and be OK with that?

Let me know...

Diving Mullah

Sorry..there's not enough polygamists out there to make people care about polygamist rights. There's a lot of gay people.

You're putting the cart before the horse here, brosef. You have to get one woman to touch your penis before you can have multiple women touching your penis.

But hang in there, brah. It'll happen for you one day. When the time is right. Maybe.

Cheers for that.

But i cant marry a few women. I have to make do with the same piece of ass forever.

This is not what more guys want. Surely i should be able to marry a few women if i have the means to support them.

Lets end the bull**** whereby guys go out and have multiple partners and lie about it.

Maybe twice a year even.

You can have sex all you want, no reason to marry for that. Marriage is a bound between 2 individuals. Not 1 man with 5 women. And let us be honest, the "church" that allows that would not allow a woman to marry multiple men.

You're putting the cart before the horse here, brosef. You have to get one woman to touch your penis before you can have multiple women touching your penis.

But hang in there, brah. It'll happen for you one day. When the time is right. Maybe.

Lol. My wideboy rhetoric commanded the banter.

Im doing just fine though. Keep ploughing that same piece for the next 60 years bro.

What a ridiculous thread. A whining pissant bit a nonsense since wacky fringe Christianity doesn't get to rule the USA. SSM and polygamy have nothing to do with each other. Most men are not pigs like the OP. Only piggish men are. And only those with nothing need to proclaim how amazing they are.

Frankly, this whole thread is disgusting.

Lol. My wideboy rhetoric commanded the banter.

Im doing just fine though. Keep ploughing that same piece for the next 60 years bro.

u wot m8?

Cheers for that.

Maybe twice a year even.

Well, simply move to a country that allows polygamy. Or marry a woman into swinging. Problem solved.

Sorry..there's not enough polygamists out there to make people care about polygamist rights. There's a lot of gay people.

really. what do you think the greater global population is - gays? or muslims? and since when do we recognize the legitimacy of withholding rights from people based on their numbers?

Cheers for that.

Maybe twice a year even.

why in the world would you want to? Must be a glutton for punishment.

really. what do you think the greater global population is - gays? or muslims? and since when do we recognize the legitimacy of withholding rights from people based on their numbers?

I recognize the reality that changes in laws only occur when there is political will to do so from the public and since only about 2% of Islamic marriages are polygamous I dont think there is a political will even in their faction to make that change.

If you don't expect to adhere to social norms, then why should your spouse?

Marriage is an intervention on nature? That's prime.....

Marriage, or exclusivity, was to ensure the bloodline of the heir.... a MALE thing, I might add.

If you don't like the idea, then don't do it.
But social norms can be decidedly unnatural. From an evolutionary perspective, spreading your seed far and wide is beneficial, not monogamy. The concept of a "bloodline" isn't something you find much in the animal kingdom.

But social norms can be decidedly unnatural. From an evolutionary perspective, spreading your seed far and wide is beneficial, not monogamy. The concept of a "bloodline" isn't something you find much in the animal kingdom.

I disagree about spreading it far and wide, I may be considered 'old fashioned' about it, but unless you're going to support each and every one until their majority, and worry that mayhap that two off your offspring should meet and not know it....

The animal kingdom is a bit different than the human one. Or I hope we have evolved above that. :wink:

Cheers for that.

Maybe twice a year even.

if you think marriage is just about organizing your sex life.... you are in for a massive disappointment.

But social norms can be decidedly unnatural. From an evolutionary perspective, spreading your seed far and wide is beneficial, not monogamy.

Not necessarily. There are lots of species of birds for example that pair bond for life. There can be evolutionary benefits to such an arrangement. For example, having a father around to help provide for the offspring can sometimes make it more likely that your genes will perpetuate than simply spraying semen at as many females as you can and then praying you get lucky. My understanding is that our ancestor's shift toward monogamy began long, long before organized religion or any modern civilized society.

To be clear, I'm not arguing we're perfectly monogamous. We aren't. We're monogam-ish, as Dan Savage likes to put it. Sexual dimorphism is a pretty reliable indicator of how monogamous a species' breeding habits are. Humans obviously exhibit some sexual dimorphism (more than, say, whooping cranes but less than, say, gorillas), so our ancestors likely engaged in a certain level of polygynous behavior. But, by and large, evolution has made humans pretty damn monogamous for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom