• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I, and many dems, LOVE AOC !!

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Naysayers step aside. It's not business as usual.

Repubs can't stand her. They can't stand someone who is not going to settle for "business as usual". Not AOC, and thats' why I and many dems love her. Yes, she's green, she's going to make boo boos, but what to expect for a young congresswoman who has yet to reach her 30th birthday? I really don't care. I'm cheering her on. She'll come around to wisdom as she gains her footing in time.

Dems LOVE her. For reasons like this:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...emocrats-search-high-and-low-demand-mcconnell

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1...emocrats-search-high-and-low-demand-mcconnell

AOC, yesterday, went around to the halls of the senate looking for McConnell, venturing into areas no previous dem had the guts to do, looking for the McConnell's "secret hiding place" which each senator has because, noting that it was rarely done, yet she did it, she did it because she understands that the real onus of this shutdown is McConnell, he literally has the power to put the bills, one of which was already voted on and passed, 100-0, he has the power to put the bills back on the floor for a vote, and he knows he would have enough to override a veto, and that would put everyone back to work, and money to pay their bills. He knows the prez is stupid and doesn't understand how gov actually works, McConnell the one who could give the fed workers their pay and jobs back, but he's afraid of Trump and his base. She's not one to be "mansplained" and go away and shut up. She didn't win her district for that.

Yes, she's a greenhorn, she'll make boo boos, no doubt, but she's young, and you know what I say? SO WHAT!

but the naysayers will have to step aside, she will be and apparently is a force to be reckoned with. Make no mistake about it.

I cheer her on every step she takes, every move she makes which is in-the-right-wing's-face, to make America a better place to live, and confront repubs who are working 24/7 to destroy it.

Thank providence for AOC, she's a fresh, young, invigorating, INSPIRATION to all intelligent people everywhere.

Thank you, AOC, for being who you are. WE love you.

And, I hate to tell repubs this, for they wouldn't know smart if it bit them on the behind, she's intelligent and no one has to explain to her how to use social media.

You GO GIRL !!!!!

Last edited:
She has a lot to learn. However, she might actually be capable of learning, so that's a plus.

I, and many dems, have no use for her. I have nothing against her, but she does nothing to make me like her or appreciate her ability to do her job. Maybe if she spent less time trying to grab the spotlight, and more time learning her job...

When I first heard of her I had no opinion other than thinking she might be too idealistic. But the more the right complains about her the more she grows on me. :)

This would be an excellent theme song for her:

The left with their circle jerks about how good AOC is approaching the stupidity of the rights criticism of her.

She is freshman congressperson who has a long way to go to show herself as a competent politician.

This would be an excellent theme song for her:

Nah, unlike the lyrics of the song, she knows what to do, and if she doesn't, she's not afraid to ask, learn, look, etc. She's an action person.

There's a difference. I think queen's "We are the champions" is better.

Naysayers step aside. It's not business as usual.

Repubs can't stand her. They can't stand someone who is not going to settle for "business as usual". Not AOC, and thats' why I and many dems love her. Yes, she's green, she's going to make boo boos, but what to expect for a young congresswoman who has yet to reach her 30th birthday? I really don't care. I'm cheering her on. She'll come around to wisdom as she gains her footing in time.

Dems LOVE her. For reasons like this:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...emocrats-search-high-and-low-demand-mcconnell

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1...emocrats-search-high-and-low-demand-mcconnell

AOC, yesterday, went around to the halls of the senate looking for McConnell, venturing into areas no previous dem had the guts to do, looking for the McConnell's "secret hiding place" which each senator has because, noting that it was rarely done, yet she did it, she did it because she understands that the real onus of this shutdown is McConnell, he literally has the power to put the bills, one of which was already voted on and passed, 100-0, he has the power to put the bills back on the floor for a vote, and he knows he would have enough to override a veto, and that would put everyone back to work, and money to pay their bills. He knows the prez is stupid and doesn't understand how gov actually works, McConnell the one who could give the fed workers their pay and jobs back, but he's afraid of Trump and his base. She's not one to be "mansplained" and go away and shut up. She didn't win her district for that.

Yes, she's a greenhorn, she'll make boo boos, no doubt, but she's young, and you know what I say? SO WHAT!

but the naysayers will have to step aside, she will be and apparently is a force to be reckoned with. Make no mistake about it.

I cheer her on every step she takes, every move she makes which is in-the-right-wing's-face, to make America a better place to live, and confront repubs who are working 24/7 to destroy it.

Thank providence for AOC, she's a fresh, young, invigorating, INSPIRATION to all intelligent people everywhere.

Thank you, AOC, for being who you are. WE love you.

And, I hate to tell repubs this, for they wouldn't know smart if it bit them on the behind, she's intelligent and no one has to explain to her how to use social media.

You GO GIRL !!!!!

She has exposed the true democrat party. Even Beto admitted that he feels the Constitution is outdated. Between the two of them they feel change is too slow. They want it "NOW", and they aren't going to let any dry old piece of parchment get in their way! They are too important!

Take from the rich and give to the poor, and open the borders until the rich are broke.

She and Beto are the worst things to hit the democrat party. The truth is on TV. She is going to give away the country's wealth to those who deserve it.

The left with their circle jerks about how good AOC is approaching the stupidity of the rights criticism of her.

She is freshman congressperson who has a long way to go to show herself as a competent politician.

While that may be true, but it is clear that the right is afraid of her. WE know this because of their incessant attacks, and the attacks seem to be off-kilter, not really on the money. ( so don't go using attacks against Trump as a counterargument ).

I say let the seed that has been planted in that district grow. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and regarding her, I'm optimistic.

I listened to her 60 minutes interview, and found her to be intelligent. Sure, one could argue she should be more hesitant before acting, and that's a valid argument, but it's really too soon, in my view. I like what I see, thus far. Only time will tell who she is.

When I first heard of her I had no opinion other than thinking she might be too idealistic. But the more the right complains about her the more she grows on me. :)

When I first heard of her I had no opinion other than thinking she might be too idealistic. But the more she opens her mouth, the more she justifies my nickname for her: Bimbo-Dancer.

Of course the leech class love her. Those who rob Peter to pay Paul have Paul's support.

She has exposed the true democrat party.
I'll file that in the wishful thinking department. But, no, that's absurd.
Even Beto admitted that he feels the Constitution is outdated. Between the two of them they feel change is too slow. They want it "NOW", and they aren't going to let any dry old piece of parchment get in their way! They are too important!

Take from the rich and give to the poor, and open the borders until the rich are broke.
Well, for the current system of robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, I'd say it's a better idea. No one is arguing for open borders.
She and Beto are the worst things to hit the democrat party.
I wouldn't say they are the best things, but they are welcome addition to the big tent party.
The truth is on TV. She is going to give away the country's wealth to those who deserve it.

Was that last one a blooper?

I don't think Beto nor AOC are saying to ditch the constitution, because you seem to be implying that.

The constitution can use some updates, but as for the substance of that, depends on which side of the isle you are. Doesn't matter, really, it's not going to happen.

The right is going to hurl out their old "she's a commie pinko goose-stepping to the soviet national anthem" trope.

REally, that's getting a bit old and people are beginning to see right through it.

Last edited:
Meh. She hasn't done anything yet.

:shrug:

I'm not about to mimic the bulk of the right by proclaiming I like someone simply because that person seems to bother the right.

Of course the leech class love her. Those who rob Peter to pay Paul have Paul's support.

Got any more strawmen to add to the conversation?

I hope you are stocked up on hay.

Got any more strawmen to add to the conversation?

I hope you are stocked up on hay.

What strawmen. Leeches love free **** at other peoples expense.

When I first heard of her I had no opinion other than thinking she might be too idealistic. But the more she opens her mouth, the more she justifies my nickname for her: Bimbo-Dancer.

Imma generally against.most of her policies. Calling her a Bimbo-Dancer is uncalled for and crosses a line. Criticize her for her policies ideas, or political actions. Attacking her for dancing is stupid. Be Best

the real onus of this shutdown is McConnell, he literally has the power to put the bills, one of which was already voted on and passed, 100-0, he has the power to put the bills back on the floor for a vote, and he knows he would have enough to override a veto, and that would put everyone back to work, and money to pay their bills.

If a Republican majority Senate overrides a veto they might as well impeach him. That's game over, lame duck.

"I, and many dems, LOVE AOC !!"

Of course you do ...

DxFgfrRXQAATTIv.jpg:large

I, and many dems, LOVE AOC !!

She's a pistol, her being her is why she was elected.

I agree, trying to ferret-out Mitch McConnell's hidey hole is pretty funny, if that's true.
Someone said yesterday he's in "witness protection" at the moment.

Of course she's young and fired up, probably naive and optimistic.
There was a time when people could appreciate that as part of a large group of mixed experience professionals. If it were all AOCs...trouble..but it's not. So get the **** over it.

Love ignorance----------------I thot so.

Imma generally against.most of her policies. Calling her a Bimbo-Dancer is uncalled for and crosses a line. Criticize her for her policies ideas, or political actions. Attacking her for dancing is stupid. Be Best

Oh...you get me wrong. She's a good dancer.

She has two years to show herself as competent and two more years for Trump to continue proving how incompetent he is. If our government continues to be run like it has been, two years from now, she'll have double the approval rating than Numnuts...

Back
Top Bottom