• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I AM the MOST ARTICULATE and WELL SPOKEN POLITICAIN EVER!!!

Oh look, the usual suspects crying on a variation of the teleprompter theme.

Oh look, the usual suspects crying on a variation of the teleprompter theme.
Nah, not crying but am musing somewhat.

EDIT- And laughing.

Palin is stupid because of the stupid things she says, not because of how she says them.
Like Barack Hussein D'Ohbama and the 57 states speech? Don't even get me started on Joe Biden.

Nah, not crying but am musing somewhat.

EDIT- And laughing.

Who the heck laughs at how someone when they're talking about their child?
That's offcolor - to say the least.

Yes, the right wing is being amusing again.

It's not the rightwing. It's the anti-Obamabots. You know, the folks who attack Obama in an Pavlovian way. It's kinda like this. Say the word "Teleprompter". Guarentee the anti-Obamabots will straighten right up and go on the attack. Pavlov would have been proud.

Who the heck laughs at how someone when they're talking about their child?
That's offcolor - to say the least.
No, I'm not laughing at that at all. I'm laughing mostly at his political fumbling when off prompter and the double standard by some on the other side of the aisle. This just happened to be the thread discussing his off prompter troubles. Sorry if people misunderstood that.

No, I'm not laughing at that at all. I'm laughing mostly at his political fumbling when off prompter and the double standard by some on the other side of the aisle. This just happened to be the thread discussing his off prompter troubles. Sorry if people misunderstood that.

There are countless examples about his fumbly speech that don't involve his kids . . . it's easy to find them.

I think the issue isn't that he flubs, at times, when he is off the telepromter. I think a lot of politicians do that because they are so used to having everything pre-packaged for them. I think the issue is how important SOME folks seem to make this, and how vigorously SOME folks get annoyed by those who make this an important issue.

There are countless examples about his fumbly speech that don't involve his kids . . . it's easy to find them.
Yes, and this just happened to be the one posted. Again, I don't bring family business into these things.

I think the issue isn't that he flubs, at times, when he is off the telepromter. I think a lot of politicians do that because they are so used to having everything pre-packaged for them. I think the issue is how important SOME folks seem to make this, and how vigorously SOME folks get annoyed by those who make this an important issue.
True. But I think alot of this is payback for all the shots taken at former president Bush. While I don't usually equate gaffs with intelligence some do and beat their opponents over the head with it, got to expect it back from those of like mind on the other end IMO. I also think the "pre-packaging" does have a lot to do with it, will say though it isn't the ums and uhs that concern me, it's the duration and frequency that kind of make me wonder if it's a speech impediment or if we have a guy in over his head.

True. But I think alot of this is payback for all the shots taken at former president Bush. While I don't usually equate gaffs with intelligence some do and beat their opponents over the head with it, got to expect it back from those of like mind on the other end IMO. I also think the "pre-packaging" does have a lot to do with it, will say though it isn't the ums and uhs that concern me, it's the duration and frequency that kind of make me wonder if it's a speech impediment or if we have a guy in over his head.

I don't buy into the whole "payback" thinking. It's weak and just exposes the attacker as not presenting his/her position, but just looking to bitch.

As far as the umms and uhs, this is a standard reaction that a lot of people use. It's "filler" when thinking, rather than staying silent.

I don't buy into the whole "payback" thinking. It's weak and just exposes the attacker as not presenting his/her position, but just looking to bitch.
I agree it doesn't really accomplish anything, I simply think that's what the whole thing is.

As far as the umms and uhs, this is a standard reaction that a lot of people use. It's "filler" when thinking, rather than staying silent.
True. What concerns me is the reason for the length of the thinking. Is he stumped? Is he trying to say the most politically viable answer? etc. As well, I went to school for broadcasting before going into the insurance business so I have a real pet peeve with the thinking sounds, they got "beaten" out of us during the curriculum so they still drive me nuts to this day.

I agree it doesn't really accomplish anything, I simply think that's what the whole thing is.

True. What concerns me is the reason for the length of the thinking. Is he stumped? Is he trying to say the most politically viable answer? etc. As well, I went to school for broadcasting before going into the insurance business so I have a real pet peeve with the thinking sounds, they got "beaten" out of us during the curriculum so they still drive me nuts to this day.

Ok - without cracking any eggshells.
I think he was treading softly because he was talking about his daughter - didn't want anything to come out of his mouth *really wrong* you know. . . it does not take much to sound 'horrid' or 'foul' when you're discussing anything, really, when you're president - and when you're afather commenting on how grown-up your daughter is getting.

My Dad talks like Obama does, slow and broken with a lot of interjections - so I don't really get up in arms over it.

You see folks, we all of us believe (at least initially) when some reasonably articulate Ex lawyer (because most Politicians are, that is if they are not (Actors)) stands up and addresses the problems and states that he /she has the answer.

Regardless of our actually knowing that they are merely the scum that floats on the top of humanity.

Politically viable? He's talking about his children. Probably deciding what he should and should not say on-air about them. (hell, I'd be pissed about my father discussing me at all)

Ok - without cracking any eggshells.
I think he was treading softly because he was talking about his daughter - didn't want anything to come out of his mouth *really wrong* you know. . . it does not take much to sound 'horrid' or 'foul' when you're discussing anything, really, when you're president - and when you're afather commenting on how grown-up your daughter is getting.

My Dad talks like Obama does, slow and broken with a lot of interjections - so I don't really get up in arms over it.
See, I get that and even will concede there is a good excuse off the cuff to flub a little when personal matters are involved. Like I said initially though, he's stacking them up and I can see where people are looking for a little payback for the Bush years. Again, I am concerned with his particular issue flubs and muse on them because I think we all need to know where they are coming from and what it means overall. Just sayin'.

Politically viable? He's talking about his children. Probably deciding what he should and should not say on-air about them. (hell, I'd be pissed about my father discussing me at all)
Read back, I basically conceded that.

Like Barack Hussein D'Ohbama and the 57 states speech? Don't even get me started on Joe Biden.

Do you not understand the difference between a slip of the tongue and blatant ignorance?

Oh it's mostly payback. That explains a lot.l So was it wrong when it was done to Bush and wrong now? Or was it wrong when it was done to Bush, but okay now that a Dem is bearing the brunt of the scorn?

I'm sorry. I just have a little trouble understanding people who gleefully participate in the behavior they previously professed to have abhored.

Do you not understand the difference between a slip of the tongue and blatant ignorance?
Do you understand that elementary school students would get that one right 100% of the time?

Like Barack Hussein D'Ohbama and the 57 states speech?

Seriously? No I mean seriously?

One time I said I had 5 beers at home... but when I got home I actually had 9...

Wow I'll never forget that... that time I mispoke... like 2 years ago...

Do you understand that elementary school students would get that one right 100% of the time?

Elementary students wouldn't ever mispeak after months of grueling campaign and lack of sleep? This wasn't a quiz.

Is it so hard to believe that someone might intend to say that they've visited 47 states and that they're going to visit 48 out of 50, but accidentally squash it together and say 57?

He had already visited 47 states, and had one more to go. (the plan was to visit all 48 continental states.) He clearly said "with one more to go."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom