• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Am So Freaked Out Right Now

Middleground

Lucky Beaver!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Yesterday, I was doing some weeding in my front yard and caught my next door neighbour walking by. We hadn't talked for about a month, so I was happy to get caught up. Little did I know. He proceeded to tell me a repulsive and utterly disgusting story--something that happened to him and his wife--that has managed to make me lose sleep for the last few nights.

The week prior, he got up one night at around 2:00 am to go pee. He didn't want to turn on the light, so he decided to sit on the pot so that he didn't drip on the seat. As soon as he sat down, he noticed the seat was wet. He cursed his wife for leaving it in that state, wiped the seat clean when he finished peeing, and went back to bed. About 30 minutes later, his wife gets up to use the facilities, and as she sat down, she noticed the seat was wet. She cursed her husband not only then, but as she returned to bed. He heard her, woke up, and swore up and down that he left it clean. He then told her she left it wet and she swore that she did not. Puzzled about the oddity, they both got up, went to the bathroom and flicked on the lights.

Nothing--I mean nothing--could have prepared them for what they saw.

Staring back at them was about a 3-4 pound sewer rat. There was no way it could have entered the apartment aside from coming up from the toilet. Having to think fast, Blaine grabbed a bucket, cornered the thing, and managed to trap it for the night. The next morning, he took it out to a field. He said it stunk something awful.

After our conversation, I just had to google "rat in toilet" and read a lot of info. Info that I really didn't need to know :lol:. There are also some youtube videos of people who filmed rats in their toilet. Gaggingly vile. I now cannot sleep, let alone go to the bathroom at my house. I can't help but think it could have been me! Can you imagine a sewer rat biting you on the ass in the comforts of your own throne? Ewwww.

I keep on telling people that the budget bidet's are totally not the way to go. Do they listen? Hell no!

Well first off it wouldn't be my ass I'd be worried about but my dangly bits. Second, there's got to be someone who has figured out a toilet gate/grill that swings open when the toilet is flushed but won't open from the other direction.

Here you go - http://www.snake-rat-frog-in-toilet.com/

Maybe steer your neighbor in this direction.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I was doing some weeding in my front yard and caught my next door neighbour walking by. We hadn't talked for about a month, so I was happy to get caught up. Little did I know. He proceeded to tell me a repulsive and utterly disgusting story--something that happened to him and his wife--that has managed to make me lose sleep for the last few nights.

The week prior, he got up one night at around 2:00 am to go pee. He didn't want to turn on the light, so he decided to sit on the pot so that he didn't drip on the seat. As soon as he sat down, he noticed the seat was wet. He cursed his wife for leaving it in that state, wiped the seat clean when he finished peeing, and went back to bed. About 30 minutes later, his wife gets up to use the facilities, and as she sat down, she noticed the seat was wet. She cursed her husband not only then, but as she returned to bed. He heard her, woke up, and swore up and down that he left it clean. He then told her she left it wet and she swore that she did not. Puzzled about the oddity, they both got up, went to the bathroom and flicked on the lights.

Staring back at them was about a 3-4 pound sewer rat. There was no way it could have entered the apartment aside from coming up from the toilet. Having to think fast, Blaine grabbed a bucket, cornered the thing, and managed to trap it for the night. The next morning, he took it out to a field. He said it stunk something awful.

After our conversation, I just had to google "rat in toilet" and read a lot of info. Info that I really didn't need to know :lol:. There are also some youtube videos of people who filmed rats in their toilet. Gaggingly vile. I now cannot sleep, let alone go to the bathroom at my house. I can't help but think it could have been me! Can you imagine a sewer rat biting you on the ass in the comforts of your own throne? Ewwww.

we had the same thing happen when I was a kid. I just thought it was because we were living in a crappy apartment in the crappy part of knoxville.

Can you imagine a sewer rat biting you on the ass in the comforts of your own throne? Ewwww.
Thanks for sharing that story. Now if I get up and go throughout the night the light is definitely coming on. :2razz: :lol:

Hmm, Do Not Eat In Bed. Try making a food trail from the throne to a kitchen rat trap..... It will follow the trail instead of finding its way between the sheets of your bed....

:thinking .... aren't rats distant cousins of beavers ? Maybe a family reunion would allow you to build a better familial understanding and warmth of peaceful co-existence twixt you and your kin.

..... You could yell, vomit, and/or urinate on it.

.... Or you might keep a 410 shotgun at the ready; in a rack over the pot !!

By choosing one or all of the above, knowing you have a definitive action plan, you may sleep better.

Have a nice eve Middleground, :mrgreen:
Thom Paine

Reason enough to keep a firearm in every room of the house if ever there was one....

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

From a plumbing standpoint it rather makes sense. Your sewage exits your house through a pipe that runs to the main sewer in the street. The pipe ejects above the standard sewage line and flows down into it. Rats swim. If the sewage line gets high enough, a rat can make it into the line that ejects from your home. Dry ground, so to speak. They can walk up the line to your toilet trap. And, of course, then say howdy to Willard.

Edit: Guys!!! If this isn't a reason to put the seat down, I don't know what is.

In a somewhat related way...

A friend of mine who is a firearm enthusiast (I know, who would have thought?) was doing some remodeling on a cabin on his property that included replacing the toilet. So he decided to shoot the old one.

First he used a 22. I'm big in to 22 and would be interested in what kind of round he used but that information is not available. Well, the 22 didn't even chip it. So he tried a 9mm. Same result. Next was an AR15 in .223. No dice. The .308 blew the **** out of it, so to speak. So the takeaway here is if someone is shooting at your house, hide behind the toilet :lol: But feel free to load that .410 to keep in the bathroom for the occasional sewer rat. The toilet will be fine. I recommend hearing protection though. If you fire a shotgun in the bathroom you might not have to worry about hearing the wife complain about it.

I had that happen just a couple of months ago. It couldn't get out since it couldn't climb up the porcelain. I just flushed it back down and went on about my bidness.

Well, thanks for that.

I never honestly thought I'd need to take the .380 with me into the loo.

Live and learn! :lol:

Second, there's got to be someone who has figured out a toilet gate/grill that swings open when the toilet is flushed but won't open from the other direction.
A rat would just grab it and pull it open or chew a hole in it

From a plumbing standpoint it rather makes sense. Your sewage exits your house through a pipe that runs to the main sewer in the street. The pipe ejects above the standard sewage line and flows down into it. Rats swim. If the sewage line gets high enough, a rat can make it into the line that ejects from your home. Dry ground, so to speak. They can walk up the line to your toilet trap. And, of course, then say howdy to Willard.

Edit: Guys!!! If this isn't a reason to put the seat down, I don't know what is.

:lamo

Great minds! That's the first thing I thought of too, since I am a stickler about always leaving the seat down! Now when male-types complain, all I have to do is tell them this story and remind them that rats go for the soft tissue closest to their noses! :lol:

Why did I think this was going to be some ghost story? Half way into it I thought you were going to say one of them saw a spirit or something.

Why do you hate undocumented aliens?

Notice your neighbor's errors.

1. He assumed that this poor individual was a member of a lesser species because of his appearance.
2. He assumed himself to belong to an inherently superior demographic group.
3. He failed to show sensitivity about the fact that his visitors ancestors had lived in the land long before White European invaders drove them out. (that's why souvenier maps are sold showing your region marked out as "Ratzland")
4. He did not offer the visitor a path to citizenship.

We need a protest march!

AAAaaaahhhhhhh! Why did i read this!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom