• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am so confused

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
With this bug is it better to have a robust immune system, or it it rather to not as we watch so many die of sepsis, which is the immune system going wild?

Four months into this bug we dont even know this much.

Where is the GD data that we need to guide us?

THE INTELLIGENTSIA SUCK!

With this bug is it better to have a robust immune system, or it it rather to not as we watch so many die of sepsis, which is the immune system going wild?

Four months into this bug we dont even know this much.

Where is the GD data that we need to guide us?

THE INTELLIGENTSIA SUCK!

Sepsis is not the immune system going wild. Sepsis is the proliferation of bacteria in the blood stream, when the body defenses can no longer stop them. By the way, bacterial and viral infections behave very differently. Yes, it is best to have a robust immune system to fight off this virus, as proven by the fact that the immunocompromised die of it much more easily than healthy people.

Sepsis is not the immune system going wild. Sepsis is the proliferation of bacteria in the blood stream, when the body defenses can no longer stop them. By the way, bacterial and viral infections behave very differently. Yes, it is best to have a robust immune system to fight off this virus, as proven by the fact that the immunocompromised die of it much more easily than healthy people.

That is not what I hear....I also hear the brave amoungst the public health elite say "We are flying blind, we dont have hardly any data on this this bug, and flying this way is so mother****ing dangerous....we need to fix this PRONTO! (Paraphrased)".

The healthy and young rarely die. So, my money is on having a strong immune system. Rare cases may exist, but the only young people dying are those with a history of other health issues or medical workers exposed to tremendous amounts of viral loads too quickly while also being stressed and lacking sleep, which is just another way of saying a compromised immune system..

That is not what I hear....I also hear the brave amoungst the public health elite say "We are flying blind, we dont have hardly any data on this this bug, and flying this way is so mother****ing dangerous....we need to fix this PRONTO! (Paraphrased)".

Well, you are hearing wrong. Don't believe in everything you hear from lay sources.

And no, actually there is an abundance of data, particularly coming from research in China. It's just that turning research into widely available vaccines and targeted efficacious treatments takes time.

Back
Top Bottom