• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am relieved that the convention is over

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Partisan conventions are nowadays just a form of Kabuki theater. There's no mystery about the outcome. This year's election has been reduced to duelling idiocracies: The free stuff crowd versus the mindless chest thumpers (or would that be Trumpers). :vomit:

There are still conventions yet to come. The Dems are up next, so still a chance for some mindless violence.

Overall it's been surprisingly mellow. Republicans are known for "falling in line", and even though an unusual number didn't, it hasn't changed anything as far as I can see.

Democrats however, as they say, "fall in love". Next week ought to be interesting to say the least. I half expect another Guccifer2.0 dump today or this weekend. It would be one of the more effective times to drop some of the juicer bits on her majesty (if there are any).

The convention is over, but that doesn't mean anything has improved. Now we have four months of Clinton and Trump being in the news and making themselves look absolutely horrible as a result. At this point, assuming that Clinton has simply surrounded herself with yes-people (she almost certainly has), I would advise Clinton to stay out of the news by any means possible and let Trump beat himself up. Specifically, I might advise her to take a break on giving the country the middle finger for a while.

At this point, while Clinton has been an absolute ****-show, Trump is much much more dangerous for the country.

Partisan conventions are nowadays just a form of Kabuki theater. There's no mystery about the outcome. This year's election has been reduced to duelling idiocracies: The free stuff crowd versus the mindless chest thumpers (or would that be Trumpers). :vomit:

If you caught many of the speeches at the Democratic Convention, listening, asking, what is their light, you would know something about their position.

Seeing this myself my conscience has been cleared and I am surprised to find how right on I have been but I'm still getting my ass kicked for kicking yours here.

Back
Top Bottom