• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

:( I am old.

soccerboy22

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
/Sigh. I woke up this morning to about 13 texts and 15 facebook notifications saying happy birthday. One more thing that reminds me this year is my last year in college. Oh well Boston is going to be in ruins after this weekend because you only turn 22 once!

Happy Day DP!

Sappy Birfday, soccerboy!

Regards from Rosie

/Sigh. I woke up this morning to about 13 texts and 15 facebook notifications saying happy birthday. One more thing that reminds me this year is my last year in college. Oh well Boston is going to be in ruins after this weekend because you only turn 22 once!

Happy Day DP!

I've got underwear older than you. Happy Birthday junior. :thumbs:

YodaBirthday.jpg

I don't know which is sadder. The fact I am younger than your underwear, or the fact you have kept a pair of underwear for over 22 years...

they're my magic underwear

Happy Day DP!

Oh Lord... I'm old enough to be your mom.. so no more talk of this 'old' business. :lol:

Happy Belated Birthday! :D

Happy birthday ya young whipper snapper.....now get a job:mrgreen:

Lord, I wish I was 22 again.

Happy birthday, kid. :)

Pfft, Im 25. Im still young enough to feel old when im young but Im really old! Happy Bday.

You guys are lucky, because I'm going to share a piece of wisdom I was gifted this summer. While visiting a relative on her 90th birthday, we had an opportunity to talk about her long and fullfilling life. I asked her what she thought of different stages in her life, and this was the first thing she said without hesitation. She said when she turned 40, she thought she was old. She laughed and said 90 is old. 40, she continued, really was young, and it was one of the best points of her life. Her son was still home, she still looked and felt good, and she was getting back into her volunteer work.

You know, that stuck with me. Who knows true age better than the aged? If age never mattered, you will find certain times of your life much better than you ever imagined. I imagine if I ever make it to 90, I will look back at 22 and think I was such a kid then. I'll probably look back at 60 and think, still not old yet but what fun to be facing my husband's retirement and lots of awesome travel, or living exactly where we want to live because schools and work just won't matter. I think it's all in perspective.

Happy birthday, soccerboy. Hope it was a good one. :)

Thanks everyone! And Mellie it was good up until the 40+ shots caught up with me. Yay for youth.

Happy Birthday baby boy.
Remember, according to Obamacare, you are still a child until you reach 26. :)

Back
Top Bottom