• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am just curious about something Donald said that I liked ….

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is irrelevant in terms of a candidate or partisan picking. I am voting for HRC yet there was one comment Trump made during the republican debates that I liked. He said he had never touched alcohol or marijuana and neither have his children.

I enjoy one glass of wine now and then or one glass of vodka & soda and fruit on a summer day yet I hate to be around people that are drunk or high.

So I had recalled that form early debates. Yet recently his daughter ivanka is so lovely I looked at her instagram and and blogs. Right by her piano is a heavy bar of hard liquor and she says she drinks wine and shares recipes for cocktails. Nothing at all wrong with it -- same with his sons.

Pictures of Donald from earlier show him drinking.

He may not now --- yet why would he make absolute statements like that on his children when clearly they are just average people who have an occasional drink. One son claimed he went through a "party" stage and rank too much.

Anyway --- that was something he said regarding lifestyle of his family that I liked and it appears it was not factual.

This is irrelevant in terms of a candidate or partisan picking. I am voting for HRC yet there was one comment Trump made during the republican debates that I liked. He said he had never touched alcohol or marijuana and neither have his children.

I enjoy one glass of wine now and then or one glass of vodka & soda and fruit on a summer day yet I hate to be around people that are drunk or high.

So I had recalled that form early debates. Yet recently his daughter ivanka is so lovely I looked at her instagram and and blogs. Right by her piano is a heavy bar of hard liquor and she says she drinks wine and shares recipes for cocktails. Nothing at all wrong with it -- same with his sons.

He may not now --- yet why would he make absolute statements like that on his children when clearly they are just average people who have an occasional drink. One son claimed he went through a "party" stage and rank too much.

Anyway --- that was something he said regarding lifestyle of his family that I liked and it appears it was not factual.

Trumps MO.

2F67C67100000578-0-image-a-13_1450218198608.jpg

I wonder if we had the time and resources of journalists, if when Trump launched his Vodka line in 2006 what exactly he said about it. I can't imagine he was standing there holding a bottle of the stuff and saying that he was a teetotaler.

Average people don't usually own a winery. I think Trump bought it for his son, Eric. I can't imagine someone owning a winery and not drinking wine.

Trump4Pours-998x599.jpg

Donald Trump’s Wine Can Make Dinner Great Again

After Trump's brother died he became a teetotaler. He was into that stuff before hand. I don't know about his children. And you can support a thing without engaging in that thing. Trump licenses his name out like a 2 dollar whore.

I guess he had a line of vodka.

Nothing wrong with it yet he says he and his children have never touched alcohol.

I guess he had a line of vodka.

Nothing wrong with it yet he says he and his children have never touched alcohol.

Oh, did Trump say "never touched"???? That's quite an exaggeration. I hope he clarified it or added some qualifiers. I know someone close to him died from Alchohol abuse and addiction.

Oh, did Trump say "never touched"???? That's quite an exaggeration. I hope he clarified it or added some qualifiers. I know someone close to him died from Alchohol abuse and addiction.

No it is not an exaggeration. He always says he has never touched a drop and it might be true.

Donald Trump on Drugs

At parties, I have often times had a glass of ginger ale and others thought I was drinking hard liquor or champagne. How do you know Trump was drinking alcohol if you weren't there?

And why would someone who supports the State of Jefferson, vote for HRC? The whole idea as I see it, is to divorce ourselves from Portland or SF liberals.

At parties, I have often times had a glass of ginger ale and others thought I was drinking hard liquor or champagne. How do you know Trump was drinking alcohol if you weren't there?

And why would someone who supports the State of Jefferson, vote for HRC? The whole idea as I see it, is to divorce ourselves from Portland or SF liberals.

Yea I do the same --- with mockktails. I never said he was for certain drinking ETOH --- I said this children whom he said do not drink alcohol have stated they do.

Oh on the state of Jefferson … it is a region. Many educated people and the higher income earners of the state of Jefferson vote Democrat. Have you heard of Ashland and East Medford?

The State of Jefferson creation was not about blue v. red though. Read you history book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

Last edited:
Trumps MO.

Not really.

Doesn't show him drinking it. I've been poured a toast before and not drank it, for one reason or another.

Or.................it could be ginger ale or Martinelli's Cider.

I wonder if we had the time and resources of journalists, if when Trump launched his Vodka line in 2006 what exactly he said about it. I can't imagine he was standing there holding a bottle of the stuff and saying that he was a teetotaler.

Who really gives a flying ****? Will that make him a better candidate? The flip side is, I think Hillary has had one too many ................for life!

That's just very fancy water. ;)

May very well be. See above post.

Average people don't usually own a winery. I think Trump bought it for his son, Eric. I can't imagine someone owning a winery and not drinking wine.

Trump4Pours-998x599.jpg

Donald Trump’s Wine Can Make Dinner Great Again

That's because you are limited in what you think.

I'm an average guy, I've owned a small winery for 23 years, went past my normal retirement date by 5 years, so I could buy it.
I have legal Hispanics working it. They and their families, are very good people too. I don't drink wine. I might sip it here and there for quality, but that's not really drinking it.

I have never before now heard anyone claim that the kids never drink, does anyone have a link?

Eric popped the question in July at the Trump Seven Springs estate in Bedford, N.Y., after six years of dating Yunaska. They were reportedly walking her miniature beagle when he presented her with a ring from his sister Ivanka's fine jewelry collection. They are said to have sealed the deal with a champagne toast, which Eric brought along for the occasion.

The couple announced their engagement shortly after and chose to have their nuptials take place at the same location — the swanky, Six-Star Diamond Award-winning, 62,000-square-foot Mar-a-Lago Club that sits on 20 acres of land and includes 126 rooms, according to the club's website — Trump Jr. married his bride, Vanessa Haydon, in 2006.

They kicked off their celebratory weekend with a wine tasting at the Trump Winery on Friday.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-yunaska-palm-beach-wedding-article-1.2004472

Doesn't show him drinking it. I've been poured a toast before and not drank it, for one reason or another.

Or.................it could be ginger ale or Martinelli's Cider.
I really don't think he drinks, either...but like Dion said...his kids probably do. Anyway, Trump's son, Eric runs the winery.

That's because you are limited in what you think.

I'm an average guy, I've owned a small winery for 23 years, went past my normal retirement date by 5 years, so I could buy it.
I have legal Hispanics working it. They and their families, are very good people too. I don't drink wine. I might sip it here and there for quality, but that's not really drinking it.

Very well, then....MOST average people don't own a winery. But it's very cool that you do. :) Two of my favorite movies are Bottle Shock and Sideways. But I'm not much of drinker, either.

However, craft brewery's are popular here in Utah...but most average people aren't craft brewers.

Back
Top Bottom