• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am glad I am not black, if for no other reason

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
****ing cops... what scum bags.

He'll win his lawsuit, and the taxpayers will cough up a pile of cash, but nothing will happen to the five pigs involved. The pig that pulled him over will probably be promoted.

Note also that the guy being extremely cooperative and apologetic had no affect on an obese, shit for brains, power tripping cop.

Any way to present the nugget of this without making us watch an hour or two of video?

Black student who is moving to university, is sleepy and cross’s over the painted marker on the side of road. Police decide to tear apart the moving van rather than give a ticket or warning for driving while sleepy

Having watched it before, I believe the student is a son of a judge

The black student was very respectful and cooperative, the police were dicks

From what I can recall Audit the Auditor had this video I believe a few months ago

Ummm…where in that two hour video is the main part?
Pretty much the first 10-15 minutes where they racially profile a black driver who did a minor traffic infraction and then the guy is pulled out for no reason and then they threaten him with arrest and illegally search the van, finding nothing and they drive away, I assume to violate more black people's rights.

@code1211

Black student who is moving to university, is sleepy and cross’s over the painted marker on the side of road. Police decide to tear apart the moving van rather than give a ticket or warning for driving while sleepy

Having watched it before, I believe the student is a son of a judge

The black student was very respectful and cooperative, the police were dicks

From what I can recall Audit the Auditor had this video I believe a few months ago

I thought this looked familiar. If I recall, there was no discernible reason for searching the truck. But at ll:45 he gives the cop permission to search the truck and that, as they say, is history.

****ing cops... what scum bags.

In defense of cops: Society (which 'law enforcement' represents) almost always reacts to situations according to their own personal experiences, which nearly always mirror fact-based statistics.

For example: It's perfectly legal for insurance companies to charge teenage boys higher premiums than girls for auto insurance, regardless of their driving record because they are statistically more reckless.

Suppose you had worked in a small corner store for several years and noticed that most shoplifters wore 'dark colored hoodies'...Do you think you might be more suspicious of customers wearing 'dark colored hoodies'?

But at ll:45 he gives the cop permission to search the truck and that, as they say, is history.

No, I think the search was based on a drug dog alert at around 28:00, and those dogs are only correct about 25% of the time.

In defense of cops: Society (which 'law enforcement' represents) almost always reacts to situations according to their own personal experiences, which nearly always mirror fact-based statistics.

For example: It's perfectly legal for insurance companies to charge teenage boys higher premiums than girls for auto insurance, regardless of their driving record because they are statistically more reckless.

Suppose you had worked in a small corner store for several years and noticed that most shoplifters wore 'dark colored hoodies'...Do you think you might be more suspicious of customers wearing 'dark colored hoodies'?

The reason this argument doesn't work in this particular case is because anyone with an IQ above 70 (which of course excludes the pig in the video) can see that this well spoken, extremely polite young man is not a threat to anyone, regardless of fact that he is black man and that black men are over represented in crime statistics.

At 4:15 they walk to the back of the van to talk. Watch them talk for ten minutes and come back and tell me it was reasonable, based on the argument you made above, for that scumbag cop to detain him for nearly 2 hours and search the truck.

Here's the AtA video about the incident. I was completely unfair to the person who got pulled over since I put the onus on him for giving the cop permission to search the truck. (Chalk it up to laziness at not wanting to watch a 2 hour damn video).

The fact of the matter is that permission was moot since the cop was going to use a dog and be "alerted," thereby giving him the pretext to search the truck anyway. Come hell or high water that cop was going to search the truck.

The incident is a testament to the corrupting influence of the war on drugs on law enforcement. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if civil asset forfeiture was a predominant motive in wanting to search the truck, since corruption was an undercurrent of the stop as a whole, and there was nothing about the stop or the person getting pulled over to give the sense that there was any reason to do a search.

Because.....wait for it.....no White person is ever stopped and searched by Police.....LOL.

Hmmmmmm.
Looks like another big juicy flame broiled nothing-burger to me Bodi.

I'm not real worried about it. It happens. No harm no foul.

No. Because most people wear dark colored hoodies... the percentage that are not criminal is much higher than those that are criminal.

Then you have the problem of cops that limit their scope to the dark colored hoodies and focus on and harass everybody wearing a dark colored hoodie just because they are wearing dark colored hoodies even though people with pink hoodies and white hoodies are also criminals who shoplift and most of the ones being harassed by cops for wearing the dark colored hoodies are innocent law abiding citizens. The cops focus on and look for things in order to "get" the dark hoodie wearers as well, increasing that demographic of "criminals" while letting pink wearing hoodie wearers off for the same offense they might arrest a dark wearing hoodie wearer for.

Here's the AtA video about the incident. I was completely unfair to the person who got pulled over since I put the onus on him for giving the cop permission to search the truck. (Chalk it up to laziness at not wanting to watch a 2 hour damn video).
*raises hand*

That is my fault everybody. I posted a two hour video. It is not Cardinal's fault!
The fact of the matter is that permission was moot since the cop was going to use a dog and be "alerted," thereby giving him the pretext to search the truck anyway. Come hell or high water that cop was going to search the truck.
1647818833240.png...
The incident is a testament to the corrupting influence of the war on drugs on law enforcement. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if civil asset forfeiture was a predominant motive in wanting to search the truck, since corruption was an undercurrent of the stop as a whole, and there was nothing about the stop or the person getting pulled over to give the sense that there was any reason to do a search.
Might be...

Pretty much the first 10-15 minutes where they racially profile a black driver who did a minor traffic infraction and then the guy is pulled out for no reason and then they threaten him with arrest and illegally search the van, finding nothing and they drive away, I assume to violate more black people's rights.

@code1211

Any reason you cited me here?

That is a tough one. The cops should immediately stop if a person says they can not breath even if it is a ploy by the perp. Cops? Just stop. Not a big deal to take some more time. On the other hand this guy might have died more to the Meth than the restraint. That said, the cops should just stop.

Ultimately, the cops are negligent. Not sure any charges should be applied... but definitely retraining, demotion, reassigned to different duty, maybe desk work, etc.

Because.....wait for it.....no White person is ever stopped and searched by Police.....LOL.
I'm pretty sure the position was that it happens to black (and brown!) people at a much higher rate, not that it never happens to anyone else.

Hmmmmmm.
Looks like another big juicy flame broiled nothing-burger to me Bodi.

I'm not real worried about it. It happens. No harm no foul.
Would you be more worried if it happened to you?

Unreasonable search and seizure is an infringement on Constitutional rights.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Do unto others as you would have them to do unto you.

That's what I thought.
After they violated his rights, illegally detaining him and illegally searching his vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom