• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am depressed

Red Crow

Holy Crap!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Why I Am Depressed
Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."
Today, the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels, and mortgaged the Promised Land!

I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc . . .

I called a Suicide Hotline. . .
I had to press 1 for English.
I was connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck.

You have to be born with a sense of humor. :)

Sorry if you didn't get it :(

I heard a variation on it before, but I STILL thought it was hilarious. ;)

Depressingly accurate too, now that I think about it.... :doh

Why I Am Depressed
Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."
Today, the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels, and mortgaged the Promised Land!

I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc . . .

I called a Suicide Hotline. . .
I had to press 1 for English.
I was connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck.

day made, thank you sir.

You have to be born with a sense of humor. :)

Sorry if you didn't get it :(

I have a sense of humour, I just don't find jokes about being suicidal funny, especially since I have lost people to suicide in the past.

I have a sense of humour, I just don't find jokes about being suicidal funny, especially since I have lost people to suicide in the past.

Sorry about that.

My joke was not intended to offend anybody, it's just a joke and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom