• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I’m the Head of Planned Parenthood. We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder.

GummyVitamins

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Sanger spoke to the women’s auxiliary of the Ku Klux Klan at a rally in New Jersey to generate support for birth control. And even though she eventually distanced herself from the eugenics movement because of its hard turn to explicit racism, she endorsed the Supreme Court’s 1927 decision in Buck v. Bell, which allowed states to sterilize people deemed “unfit” without their consent and sometimes without their knowledge — a ruling that led to the sterilization of tens of thousands of people in the 20th century.

The first human trials of the birth control pill — a project that was Sanger’s passion later in her life — were conducted with her backing in Puerto Rico, where as many as 1,500 women were not told that the drug was experimental or that they might experience dangerous side effects.

We don’t know what was in Sanger’s heart, and we don’t need to in order to condemn her harmful choices. What we have is a history of focusing on white womanhood relentlessly. Whether our founder was a racist is not a simple yes or no question. Our reckoning is understanding her full legacy, and its impact. Our reckoning is the work that comes next.

And the first step is making Margaret Sanger less prominent in our present and future. The Planned Parent Federation of America has already renamed awards previously given in her honor, and Planned Parenthood of Greater New York renamed its Manhattan health center in 2020. Other independently managed affiliates may choose to follow.

For some reason a lot of people on this forum pretend Margaret Sanger wasn't a racist tied to eugenics. Well, now Planned Parenthood is admitting they were spreading fud to try to protect her image and their brand and they can't keep lying about her history anymore. They now admit she worked with the KKK to push her agenda and supported tricking those she deemed unfit to be sterilized.

For some reason a lot of people on this forum pretend Margaret Sanger wasn't a racist tied to eugenics. Well, now Planned Parenthood is admitting they were spreading fud to try to protect her image and their brand and they can't keep lying about her history anymore. They now admit she worked with the KKK to push her agenda and supported tricking those she deemed unfit to be sterilized.

Great. Abortion is a safe and legal medical remedy that all women should have access to.

Since Planned Parenthood does a ton of stuff like pre cancer screening and birth control and medical procedures for people without money, you would think that decent Americans would support them.

Owning up for past organizational mistakes is fine, especially when it communicate that the practice or philosophy is no longer part of that organization.

I suppose the good thing about re-writing history is that someone had to read it in the first place.

Couldn't have happened in our public schools, but it apparently happened somewhere.

Really?
Ive never seen any posters do that, but it is a big forum with lots of posts. Do you have examples of a few since you say there was a lot people?

Okay. Fine.

So now what? How’s it relevant to anything PP does or is today?

What’s the point of this thread?

Okay. Fine.

So now what? How’s it relevant to anything PP does or is today?

What’s the point of this thread?

obviously, it was to make up a narrative that is a lie and then cry about something that never happened LOL

I dont know what the second part is though if it wasnt to get honest, educated and objective posters to make fun of the false claim in the OP and mock it for its dishonesty the OP totally failed.

You OP already failed because where are these "a lot of people here" that did what your falsely claim LMAO we are waiting, thanks!
🍿
Why is it that every thread you enter you have amnesia with the search function? You always act like it's other people's responsibility to educate you or do a search for you. The people who go off defending Sanger in this subforum know who they are and it's no coincidence that they are absent from this thread. If you want to know who they are you can search.

Why is it that every thread you enter you have amnesia with the search function? You always act like it's other people's responsibility to educate you or do a search for you. The people who go off defending Sanger in this subforum know who they are and it's no coincidence that they are absent from this thread. If you want to know who they are you can search.
Translation: you cant back up your claims and you try yet ANOTHER failed dodge deflection since your posted dishonesty was caught and exposed. Well I'm not the topic, your failed OP is LMAO

Now if you would please, support your op with facts and show who its actually true and not made up and provide proof of "a lot of people here" did what you claim, thanks!

Are you six years old??
I asked you some questions regarding your OP. Are you going to answer any of them?
Your questions had nothing to do with the original post and served only to cry about the topic being discussed. This is not an uncommon discussion point in this forum. If you don't want to be part of the conversation you can click another thread. That's what someone above the age of six would do.

Your questions had nothing to do with the original post and served only to cry about the topic being discussed. This is not an uncommon discussion point in this forum. If you don't want to be part of the conversation you can click another thread. That's what someone above the age of six would do.
Let’s try this another way.

I accept everything stated in the OP regarding Sanger.

Now what? What comes next?
She’s dead. So crucify her all you want. I don’t care. What does it matter how much of a barbarian she may or may not have been?

one what planet does asking, whats the point of the OP, NOT have to do with the OP???? That might be the worse lie/ignorance I seen posted today.
😂

Sanger was vehemently anti abortion. She was on *your* side.

Sanger was vehemently anti abortion. She was on *your* side.
I'm pro-choice, not racist and don't agree with eugenics. But, cool story with your make believe opinions about me.

Regardless, this doesn't mean Sanger's supporters on this forum haven't just been exposed as hypocrites by the organization she started.:cool:

You seem to have abandoned your thread. For some reason.

Kind of hard to keep it going when the OP is a lie that cant be supported LMAO
I mean one could keep it going but ti will only result in further mocking of the failed and dishonest claims in the OP, i mean thats fun for me . . but probably not the goal of the OP

Back
Top Bottom