• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I’m taking off my mask today......

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
......almost two years to the date that I first put it on whenever I went anywhere that there were people, like the grocery store or any other shopping errand. I am 76 years old and have COPD, so I needed to be careful. I have the first two Moderna shots plus the booster. The local hospitals have closed their COVID ICUs and the country has been declared as having a “medium threat by the CDC. The CDC recommends those in areas of high risk to wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, regardless of their vaccination status. But there is no such recommendation for communities at medium risk for the virus.
Just imagine how much more quickly we could have reached this level of the ignorant right wingers had not gone apoplectic over just getting a vaccination meant to protect both themselves and those with whom they can in contact.
Anyway, I guess I’ll leave the mask off unless and until another surge.

Last edited:
I went to see bands play live, vaccine proof required, but was nice being out, no mask. I feel I wasn't at risk, but you never know. I wore my masks and distanced for 2 years, and I'm done. They added an extra year to the pandemic by not getting vaccinated. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

Still a mixed bag, some people wear masks. If I see a lot of people and workers in a store wearing, I'll wear it. But yesterday there wasn't many so didn't do it

i've slowly stopped wearing mine.

now, if i go to the dentist of some place like that i respect their wishes.

I went to see bands play live, vaccine proof required, but was nice being out, no mask. I feel I wasn't at risk, but you never know. I wore my masks and distanced for 2 years, and I'm done. They added an extra year to the pandemic by not getting vaccinated. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

Still a mixed bag, some people wear masks. If I see a lot of people and workers in a store wearing, I'll wear it. But yesterday there wasn't many so didn't do it

There are certainly no guarantees, but the risk seems to be acceptable at this point.

......almost two years to the date that I first put it on whenever I went anywhere that there were people, like the grocery store or any other shopping errand. I am 76 years old and have COPD, so I needed to be careful. I have the first two Moderna shots plus the booster. The local hospitals have closed their COVID ICUs and the country has been declared as having a “medium threat by the CDC. The CDC recommends those in areas of high risk to wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, regardless of their vaccination status. But there is no such recommendation for communities at medium risk for the virus.
Just imagine how much more quickly we could have reached this level of the ignorant right wingers had not gone apoplectic over just getting a vaccination meant to protect both themselves and those with whom they can in contact.
Anyway, I guess I’ll leave the mask off unless and until another surge.
Two years ago today the government and the media were saying that masks didn’t work. I don’t for a moment believe you possessed the level of mental independence required to wear one against “expert” instructions.

When I walk into their office. They have a sign on the door.
So you wear a mask while several feet from the nearest person, then take it off so the dentist can access the inside of your mouth . . .

What do you suppose that does exactly?
Do you just ignore those signs?
Yes. Unless someone who works at a business tells me to put a mask on I don’t.

So you wear a mask while several feet from the nearest person, then take it off so the dentist can access the inside of your mouth . . .

typical dumb comments from conservatives, holy shit. The patient rooms are sanitized, wiped down, has air filtration. The dentist and assistant are masked, gloved and wearing a face shield . The waiting room is not sanitized, there are other patients, receptions staff.

Are you seriously that clueless that you ask such a moronic question?

You can’t read? Why be so obstinate? What does it gain you? Answer: NOTHING except looking foolish.
Two years ago today the government and the media were saying that masks didn’t work. I don’t for a moment believe you possessed the level of mental independence required to wear one against “expert” instructions.

Simply not true. By early March, two years ago, the mainstream recommendations for wearing masks was almost universal except among Trumpie idiots.

i respect the business' rules. it's really easy. i stay away from people while there. that's really easy too.

then the people that work there have daily temp tests and wear masks while working on their patients (although i didn't go until long after i was vaccinated). i wonder why they wear masks?

You can’t read? Why be so obstinate? What does it gain you? Answer: NOTHING except looking foolish.

Simply not true. By early March, two years ago, the mainstream recommendations for wearing masks was almost universal except among Trumpie idiots.
yup

LOL, everyone knows that retail workers love to have mask confrontations with maskholes who ignore signs and local mandates.

I went out to dinner at Flemings Steak House this week and the waiter was absolutely GIDDY when he came to the table. He was as animated as Ebenezer Scrooge waking on Christmas day after being visited by the 3 ghosts!! He was so excited after wearing the mask for 2 years to finally be rid of it. He felt they were just useless cloths put on for show.

Hmmmmm

That isn't what really happened.

There's a ton of evidence that wearing masks reduced spread. East Asians have been doing it since SARS. Not everything is about "da gubbmint."

Also you'd lick Putin's asshole if Fox News told you to (despite describing yourself as an "American Nationalist"), I don't think you're the one to start lecturing others about "mental independence" cause I don't know what the hell is more hypocritical and doublethinkish than being someone who's supposedly "pro-America" and pro-bloodthirsty dictator at he same time.

I went out to dinner at Flemings Steak House this week and the waiter was absolutely GIDDY when he came to the table. He was as animated as Ebenezer Scrooge waking on Christmas day after being visited by the 3 ghosts!! He was so excited after wearing the mask for 2 years to finally be rid of it. He felt they were just useless cloths put on for show.

Was he a virus expert, too?

Was he a virus expert, too?

YouTube University baby!

This is the story to end all debates.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyone who thinks masks are for show are moronic idiots. Go have surgery and demand the surgeon not wear a mask since they are apparently pointless. Why do conservatives even bother going to the doctor if they don't believe in science and medicine? Go have some blogger medically treat them

I declare myself an honorary japanese and keep the thing on. I don't even want a cold, not to mention saving money on lipstick.
I think you are entitled to do so. Some people wear them as they like the idea of being hidden.

I think you are entitled to do so. Some people wear them as they like the idea of being hidden.
Which is why so many Americans were wearing masks before COVID.

Back
Top Bottom