• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I’m taking off my mask today......

Yeah, that restaurant story proves everything.

I hope you tipped him well.
It was a situation that someone else tipped. I am sure with the big group there was a set 20%.

Two years ago today the government and the media were saying that masks didn’t work. I don’t for a moment believe you possessed the level of mental independence required to wear one against “expert” instructions.
Why? Anyone with a brain can connect "surgeons and hospital workers have worn masks for a century to protect themselves and their patients" with "I should wear a surgical quality mask to protect myself and others" - I started doing so at the very beginning of the pandemic, as did my entire extended family which includes several practicing and retired MDs - and haven't given it a second thought. I certainly didn't pay any attention to politicians and media anchors, left and right, because I know more than most of them do.

Our requirements were dropped this week and I likewise have dropped the masking. It's nice to return to normal. With one close call as an exception, the entire extended family got through COVID without major issues.

I'll never forget the Fleming's steakhouse COVID story. It's one for the record books.
Glad to have made your day. At least it was a true story for the record books. Headline: Waiter removes mask and is HAPPY!

You know who were wearing masks before COVID? People like woodworkers and doctors and nurses and sheetrock guys and factory workers and firefighters and painters and guys mowing their lawns.

They were all, as you say, trying to hide.

Glad to have made your day. At least it was a true story for the record books. Headline: Waiter removes mask and is HAPPY!
I've never heard of such a thing. Thanks for sharing.

......almost two years to the date that I first put it on whenever I went anywhere that there were people, like the grocery store or any other shopping errand. I am 76 years old and have COPD, so I needed to be careful. I have the first two Moderna shots plus the booster. The local hospitals have closed their COVID ICUs and the country has been declared as having a “medium threat by the CDC. The CDC recommends those in areas of high risk to wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, regardless of their vaccination status. But there is no such recommendation for communities at medium risk for the virus.
Just imagine how much more quickly we could have reached this level of the ignorant right wingers had not gone apoplectic over just getting a vaccination meant to protect both themselves and those with whom they can in contact.
Anyway, I guess I’ll leave the mask off unless and until another surge.
Congrats! My state is still high risk everywhere. They're still giving away free masks at Walgreens. Can't wait til we join you!

This thread just convinces me more to keep wearing a mask. Don't care if I'm the only one doing it. I was for a while at my workplace back during the first lull when everyone got cocky. Then Omicron hit. It ain't over 'til it's over.

I'm not quite ready but I will be by the time we return home. Still not comfortable in indoor public places. I am much more concerned about ending up in hospital in the US than I am with covid itself......but it is time. Please Lord don't let there be another Omicron surprise, we have all had way enough of this.

Anyone who thinks masks are for show are moronic idiots. Go have surgery and demand the surgeon not wear a mask since they are apparently pointless. Why do conservatives even bother going to the doctor if they don't believe in science and medicine? Go have some blogger medically treat them
Aside from COVID and other medical standards, i prefer cooks and servers not to spit in my food.

......almost two years to the date that I first put it on whenever I went anywhere that there were people, like the grocery store or any other shopping errand. I am 76 years old and have COPD, so I needed to be careful. I have the first two Moderna shots plus the booster. The local hospitals have closed their COVID ICUs and the country has been declared as having a “medium threat by the CDC. The CDC recommends those in areas of high risk to wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public, regardless of their vaccination status. But there is no such recommendation for communities at medium risk for the virus.
Just imagine how much more quickly we could have reached this level of the ignorant right wingers had not gone apoplectic over just getting a vaccination meant to protect both themselves and those with whom they can in contact.

A post office run today....

They still require it.

The breweries and bars I frequent don't require masks on guests but staff were still wearing as of yesterday.

I keep backup masks just in case.

I upgraded my masks to them there 95 percenters and I'm going to keep wearing one.

Welcome back!

Waffle House no longer requires employees to wear masks. I use WH as a barometer for most things in my life as they have never let me down. :coffee:(y)

Congrats!! It's been a long hard fight. I think we've done all we can now. Vaccines are a life saver. Try and have some fun! Never know when another wave might spring it's ugly head.

Welcome back!

Waffle House no longer requires employees to wear masks. I use WH as a barometer for most things in my life as they have never let me down. :coffee:(y)
OMG, that was so funny!! I'll have to drive by mine, and get the reading on the situation. :)

I'm not quite ready but I will be by the time we return home. Still not comfortable in indoor public places. I am much more concerned about ending up in hospital in the US than I am with covid itself......but it is time. Please Lord don't let there be another Omicron surprise, we have all had way enough of this.
Really? You are afraid to end up in US hospital, and yet you come here for lengthy times?? Just amazing!!

Figures Biden would send out free N95 masks and then pull the mask wearing, lol.

You know who were wearing masks before COVID? People like woodworkers and doctors and nurses and sheetrock guys and factory workers and firefighters and painters and guys mowing their lawns.

They were all, as you say, trying to hide.
OMG, you are taking everything so skewed. People who wear masks because they LIKE to are people like my son. He never wore a mask before even when he did landscaping for awhile. Since Covid and having to wear a mask he decided he liked it. I think it is the idea of feeling hidden. I see many young people with a baseball hat, glasses, mask, big coat and it is like they are in their own cocoon world. This is what I am saying!!!!!!!

Here's a pretty good indication of how well mask mandates worked during the Omicron surge:

Total Cases/100k 12/15Total Cases/100k 2/28Cases/100k Omicron Surge
NJ14817244039586
PA 14512215367024
CA13064226979633
TX15126225877461

I haven't worn a mask in the US for any reason other than flying in an airplane in about 8 months. It's about a year now since it was anything but a rarity.

Feel free to wear them, but they do not work - at least the "cloth face coverings" and the "blue paper surgical masks" do not work. The n-95 are helpful, when properly worn.

What works is keeping distant from people, washing hands regularly, etc. The vaccines are good, but their efficacy was way overstated, and their lack of side effects was way understated , and that was done on purpose just to get people to take them. When people are lied to "for their own good" they tend to get very bothered by it. Next time, I don't want Dr. Fauci trying to "push the narrative" like he liked to do - making statements that weren't true, because he expected a certain reaction from the public. That's not is job.

Really? You are afraid to end up in US hospital, and yet you come here for lengthy times?? Just amazing!!
I am concerned, I did not use the word afraid, of ending up in US hospital during covid given I would be pretty much isolated from my family and could not expect them, in fact would refuse, to have them come to me. They would be frantic and I would never do that to them. In normal times it would not concern me in the least.....but nice try.

Back
Top Bottom