• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hypothetical question

Would you allow the mother to abort her child?

• Total voters

Atreus21

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
You are the dictator. You have the power to make law and have it enforced on your say so.

A woman is 8 months pregnant. Both she and the child are quite healthy. She is happily married to a loving and stable husband, has a supportive extended family, and is well-off financially. There is every reason to believe that both she and the child will prosper and flourish.

The mother wants to abort the child.

Would you, as dictator, allow her to abort?

You are the dictator. You have the power to make law and have it enforced on your say so.

A woman is 8 months pregnant. Both she and the child are quite healthy. She is happily married to a loving and stable husband, has a supportive extended family, and is well-off financially. There is every reason to believe that both she and the child will prosper and flourish.

If I was dictator, I'd take away your keyboard.

Stupid question. Aborting a child is obviously impossible.

If I was a dictator, every kid in America, including Catholics, would be required by federal law to learn everything about sexual intercourse, contraception, Plan B, sexual assault, pregnancy, and human development fro zygote to birth that they are mentally able to understand at the high school level in health classes. No woman in that scenario would have an unwanted pregnancy.

Last edited:
Stupid question. Aborting a child is obviously impossible.

If I was a dictator, every kid in America, including Catholics, would be required by federal law to learn everything about sexual intercourse, contraception, Plan B, sexual assault, pregnancy, and human development fro zygote to birth that they are mentally able to understand at the high school level in health classes. No woman in that scenario would have an unwanted pregnancy.

Yet you answered no.

Yet you answered no.

Of course I did. Under no circumstances would I ever want a healthy woman to have a full-term healthy fetus aborted. But the question is only smart if you use the word fetus instead of child.

This is a problem in your imaginary world. Women are not aborting a pregnancy for no reason in the 8th month.

Of course I did. Under no circumstances would I ever want a healthy woman to have a full-term healthy fetus aborted. But the question is only smart if you use the word fetus instead of child.

Interesting. Thanks.

This is a problem in your imaginary world. Women are not aborting a pregnancy for no reason in the 8th month.

Just suppose she wants to, and answer the question.

If I was dictator I would have had her on birth control.

Obviously in this scenario there is no such thing as birth control. The fetus is already full term and viable.

I dont know what kind of country that dictator is running but since such abortions dont occur in the US, I'm not concerned about his country or her decision. If he is running a country where she feels she must do so...he's really ****ed up and only she knows her needs.

If you disagree with my claim, please provide the data to prove it.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

How about you show a case of this ever happening instead... then I will answer.

Are you suggesting that women abort for no reason? :doh What the hell kind of country is that?

A late term abortion like that is medically more dangerous and more painful to the woman. (She does not dilate naturally, for one thing.) It's simulated labor anyway.

In the US, a woman could get at least $20,000 for a healthy infant in a private abortion. Again...why on earth would she abort?

You have created a convenient fantasy that has zero foundation in reality.

Your status as an low-information poster on this issue is now on the record.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

How about you show a case of this ever happening instead... then I will answer.

It's a hypothetical question. The whole point is just to imagine it being the case, and to answer honestly on that basis. It's a what-if scenario. If the question makes you uncomfortable or uncertain, then just answer uncertain.

Are you suggesting that women abort for no reason? :doh What the hell kind of country is that?

A late term abortion like that is medically more dangerous and more painful to the woman. (She does not dilate naturally, for one thing.) It's simulated labor anyway.

Nonetheless, she wants the abortion. Her reasons are irrelevant - she wants it. Or are you suggesting a woman has to justify herself to exercise her fundamental rights?

In the US, a woman could get at least $20,000 for a healthy infant in a private abortion. Again...why on earth would she abort?

We don't know. We have no insight into her motive. We only know that she wants to abort, and she offers no reason why.

Nonetheless, she wants the abortion. Her reasons are irrelevant - she wants it.

We don't know. We have no insight into her motive. We only know that she wants to abort, and she offers no reason why.

Would you allow this abortion if baby jesus came down from heaven and said he was ok with it?

It's a hypothetical question. The whole point is just to imagine it being the case, and to answer honestly on that basis. It's a what-if scenario. If the question makes you uncomfortable or uncertain, then just answer uncertain.

It doesn't make me uncomfortable. It is unrealistic and kinda stupid as a result, no offense.

She would not need to "abort" the pregnancy since they could just have a C-Section and remove the baby to live on its own.

Would you allow this abortion if baby jesus came down from heaven and said he was ok with it?

:lol: Babies can't articulate speech like that!!

Nonetheless, she wants the abortion. Her reasons are irrelevant - she wants it. Or are you suggesting a woman has to justify herself to exercise her fundamental rights?

You are a dictator and a potato wants to gain sentience. You have the power to grant it but since it does does not have the ability to think, reason or communicate, you do not know what it wants. Do you grant sentience?

Your assumption that a woman would abort *for no reason* is as ridiculous as a person having an appendectomy for no reason.

It's a (disturbing) personal fantasy of convenience for you...it does not reflect reality in the least. You might as well have posted, "should a dictator allow a woman to go to Mars to give birth?" :doh

Should we have laws that say it's illegal to ride unicorns when unicorns dont even exist? Yes or no? That's about as rational a scenario as you posted.

I won't have to live with her conscience, oo yes. What should I do, put her in handcuffs until she gives birth? That's what a dictator might consider.
Btw, I am against abortion.

If she is 8 months pregnant when she could give birth early.
It would have the same impact on the mother, and there is a chance the child could survive.

If there were parents willing to adopt the child as their own I would consider requiring her to try an early birth and then letting the adoptive parents pay for whatever additional medical bills were necessary.
But if I was not confident I could find parents willing to adopt the child then I would abide by her decision.

Back
Top Bottom