• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hypocritical?

Reading this story, in Florida, with the same law being cited I was curious how people feel about this. Especially those of you who feel so strongly about Zimmerman/Martin.

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

I think the law is ****ed up in that regard.

Firing warning shots is reckless disregard.

Her sentence is far to severe for the actual circumstances.

But in her case, she should have just shot the bloke.

But this really has nothing to do with this case, so it should be moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

Reading this story, in Florida, with the same law being cited I was curious how people feel about this. Especially those of you who feel so strongly about Zimmerman/Martin.

Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News

The title is misleading. She didn't get 20 years for firing warning shots, but attempted murder. I'd like to hear what all the evidence was that supported attempted murder. You can't just read an article like that and immediately come to a conclusion.

The title is misleading. She didn't get 20 years for firing warning shots, but attempted murder. I'd like to hear what all the evidence was that supported attempted murder. You can't just read an article like that and immediately come to a conclusion.

I agree and there appears to be much more to the story than the simple summation provided by the article.

AFAIK any shots that are not done to stop a threat is illegal... but 20 years, goodness.

She was offered a plea.. The problem was there were kids in the house.

Even a personal opinion on this case based on information provided by.....<choking back laughter> CBS, would not be prudent.

Back
Top Bottom