• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hypocrites All - When Will We Learn

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The greatest threat to the American way of life today is not the skyrocketing oil prices, nor is it the bankrupting of Social Security, or even the staggering National debt, which threatens a depression that could dwarf that of 1929.

No, the greatest threat to our nation is Democrats and Republicans. I am not talking about their amoral and selfish leaders. I am talking about those fools and tools who blindly support their leaders, no matter what depths of depravity they sink to accomplish their ends. Here is a case in point.

Bill Clinton lied to a grand jury while in office, yet Democrats continued to support him, saying that he was innocent because a jury had not convicted him. Of course, we got to see him on national TV defining what is is, and Ken Starr dropped charges against him. Although Clinton was impeached, he was aquitted in the Senate. So technically, Clinton was innocent, but come on. Clinton lied in front of us all, yet the Democrats give him a free pass on it.

Same situation today. It is raining and pouring indictments on the Bush administration, yet they are using the samo lamo argument that Clinton supporters used. However, it does not take a rocket scientist to see that the Bush administration is the most corrupt in our nation's history.

As for the Democrats, they are all jumping on the Bush bashing bandwagon, yet still have the unmitigated audacity to give their own homegrown crook a free pass. Are they angry about Republicans using their own argument that the Bushneviks have not been convicted yet? Of course they are, but these are the same Clinton supporters who used that very same tactic when their own leader's head was on the chopping block. And the Republicans? If they had even a smidgeon of honesty, they would apply the same standard to Clinton as they are to Tom Delay, and lift up their voices and proclaim Clinton completely innocent. After all, Clinton was never convicted either. But, just like the Democrats, the Republcans have no ethics either.

The threat to America? - That partisan hacks and their supporters in both political parties are going to tear down what our forefathers built.

We have met the enemy, and it is the politicians and all those who support them. I say we line them all up, give every damn politician his pink slip, and shun their supporters forevermore.

danarhea said:
Bill Clinton lied to a grand jury while in office, yet Democrats continued to support him, saying that he was innocent because a jury had not convicted him. Of course, we got to see him on national TV defining what is is, and Ken Starr dropped charges against him. Although Clinton was impeached, he was aquitted in the Senate. So technically, Clinton was innocent, but come on. Clinton lied in front of us all, yet the Democrats give him a free pass on it.
No argument here, except that the acquittal on impeachment does not make him innocent; it only means that the prospect of an unbalanced President Gore was scarier than having an ineffective and sleazy thug in the Oval Office, and the decision to acquit was purely political.

Same situation today. It is raining and pouring indictments on the Bush administration, yet they are using the samo lamo argument that Clinton supporters used. However, it does not take a rocket scientist to see that the Bush administration is the most corrupt in our nation's history.
Disagreed on this point. An indictment is not even evidence of wrongdoing, much less proof. Ken Starr's investigations led to a bunch of convictions in court, including cabinet secretaries and a sitting governor of Arkansas. So far there have been no convictions that I know of in the Bush administration, and the only high profile indictment has been Tom DeLay - and that only after the prosecutor struck out five times in a row before getting a hit on a charge (conspiracy) so flimsy that he had to go back and make a more serious charge for the benefit of the film makers who are following him around.

danarhea said:
The greatest threat to the American way of life today is not the skyrocketing oil prices, nor is it the bankrupting of Social Security, or even the staggering National debt, which threatens a depression that could dwarf that of 1929.

No, the greatest threat to our nation is Democrats and Republicans. I am not talking about their amoral and selfish leaders. I am talking about those fools and tools who blindly support their leaders, no matter what depths of depravity they sink to accomplish their ends. Here is a case in point.

As for the Democrats, they are all jumping on the Bush bashing bandwagon, yet still have the unmitigated audacity to give their own homegrown crook a free pass. Are they angry about Republicans using their own argument that the Bushneviks have not been convicted yet? Of course they are, but these are the same Clinton supporters who used that very same tactic when their own leader's head was on the chopping block. And the Republicans? If they had even a smidgeon of honesty, they would apply the same standard to Clinton as they are to Tom Delay, and lift up their voices and proclaim Clinton completely innocent. After all, Clinton was never convicted either. But, just like the Democrats, the Republcans have no ethics either.

The threat to America? - That partisan hacks and their supporters in both political parties are going to tear down what our forefathers built.

We have met the enemy, and it is the politicians and all those who support them. I say we line them all up, give every damn politician his pink slip, and shun their supporters forevermore.

I agree with all of it.

But both parties were hired by corporations.

Originally Posted by danarhea:

I couldn't agree more.

Comrade Brian said:
I agree with all of it.

But both parties were hired by corporations.

Both parties are even in existence because we let them...

Never the less, they are marginally bought and sold, but we did eventually just...let it happen!

It all falls down to a little thing called the average voter.

Who else but Delay has been indicted from the Bush Administration? :confused:

I agree with you. I think I've made it pretty clear on here that I hate both democrats and republican politicans. The only reason I tend to "support" democrats is cause they are against Bush. T be honest though, topics like this make me want to organize a revolt but ah well. Oh yeah and in case any FBI are reading this, I was just kidding! Well maybe but yeah I really was!

Navy Pride said:
Who else but Delay has been indicted from the Bush Administration? :confused:

No worries...the Bush Carriage will turn into a pumpkin by the eve of mid-terms for 2006. :lol:

And with his poll numbers hovering at around 37 percent. I'd say there will be a lot of indictments to go around. :mrgreen:

sLiPpY said:
No worries...the Bush Carriage will turn into a pumpkin by the eve of mid-terms for 2006. :lol:

And with his poll numbers hovering at around 37 percent. I'd say there will be a lot of indictments to go around. :mrgreen:

I have Navy Pride on ignore, so would not have seen what he posted without you quoting him. He is asking how many other Republcans are under indictment besides Tom Delay? I guess he has been living in a cave these last few weeks.

Lets start with Abramoff for fraud, Adam Kidan for fraud, 3 members of the Gambino crime family who Kidan hired to do the hit on Gus Boulis in Florida in an effort to keep from being indicted, the chief procurement officer of the Bush administration for obstruction of justice of the Abramoff investigation (5 counts), the Pentagon analyst the Bush administration appointed who is under indictment for spying for Israel, the head of TRMPAC, the former head of TRMPAC, 3 other members of TRMPAC, 7 corporations who gave TRMPAC the slush money that was laundered (One of them is Sears & Roebuck - Charges dropped because they chose to testify against Delay), the official in Cheney's office who is in jail for spying on us for the Phillippines. More indictments loom, which could include Karl Rove and Lewis Libby for obstruction of justice in the Valerie Plame case, along with someone else from the Bush administration (possibly fromer press secretary Andrew Card, according to the leaker), Governor Taft of Ohio for stealing from the treasury of that state (Coingate), a prominent congressman from Ohio for graft...... have I missed any? Probably quite a few. We will have to wait a couple of more weeks to see how many additional scumbags are shaken out of the trees.

Back
Top Bottom