• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hypocrisy is out of control!!!

MXracer169

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Talked to my father the other day, he is a pilot who flys to Mexico several times a year. While there, he MUST carry a card to identify him at all times.

How the hell can their President come here and criticize our law, they have STRICTER policies in their own country, plus a totally broken system!

Talked to my father the other day, he is a pilot who flys to Mexico several times a year. While there, he MUST carry a card to identify him at all times.

I think the problem many have is that there is that chance that the people who need to identify themselves won't be the foreign visitors or those trying to immigrate here legally, people with whom this is expected, but U.S citizens. Indeed, their president is acting hypocritical, regardless, this should not detract from addressing any legitimate concerns about the enforcement of this law that will inevitably come up if they haven't already.

Last edited:
I think the bigger point should be made: Why should we give a **** what Calderon and the Mexican government thinks? If anything I would point out how his government is what makes people in his country poor and why they flee to the US.

I think the bigger point should be made: Why should we give a **** what Calderon and the Mexican government thinks? If anything I would point out how his government is what makes people in his country poor and why they flee to the US.

We need to tell Calderon to go piss up a rope. Maybe if his government made Mexico a better country to live in, more people might want to stay there. Oh wait, he's using illegal immigration as a means to rid his pissant country of unwanted poor and criminals that he doesn't want to have to deal with.

We need to tell Calderon to go piss up a rope. Maybe if his government made Mexico a better country to live in, more people might want to stay there. Oh wait, he's using illegal immigration as a means to rid his pissant country of unwanted poor and criminals that he doesn't want to have to deal with.
Can't disagree. To bad some of their better well educated people are not fleeing in numbers like the underclass are. I do like the part of Mexican law where you have to prove you have a means to support yourself before you can become a permanent resident. Mexico does need to get its house in order.

Can't disagree. To bad some of their better well educated people are not fleeing in numbers like the underclass are. I do like the part of Mexican law where you have to prove you have a means to support yourself before you can become a permanent resident. Mexico does need to get its house in order.

We just need to have and enforce an immigration policy like Mexico does. They don't take the flood of illegals from south of their border, but they sure whine loud and long that we won't take their refuse.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

We just need to have and enforce an immigration policy like Mexico does. They don't take the flood of illegals from south of their border, but they sure whine loud and long that we won't take their refuse.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

I'm reminded of the political cartoon that showed an old indian man with a sign saying "As far as I'm concerned, you're all illegal immigrants."

I'm reminded of the political cartoon that showed an old indian man with a sign saying "As far as I'm concerned, you're all illegal immigrants."

Which they might have a point with, had they had immigration laws and the ability and will to enforce them. Since they didn't...

Mexico heavily polices and guards their border to the south, to the north it's basically open. Plus penalties in Mexico for illegally being in the country are much harsher then in America. The Mexican president is a hypocrite that just vomits Obama's words, his actions don't match.

How the hell can their President come here and criticize our law, they have STRICTER policies in their own country, plus a totally broken system!

YUP! And take a look at this: La Raza, Mexican Terrorist Organization

Businesses in the US employ these illegals, the bottom line always wins out.

If Americans want to do the same jobs that illegals do at the same renumeration, why, there is absolutely nothing to stop them.

Businesses in the US employ these illegals, the bottom line always wins out.

If Americans want to do the same jobs that illegals do at the same renumeration, why, there is absolutely nothing to stop them.

Absolutely there is. Even beyond the fact that these employers are paying lower wages than legally permitted, the reason lots of employers want illegal workers is because the illegals can't complain and go to the police when work conditions are unhealthy or even dangerous. That's why, as soon as workers become legal, they lose their jobs because they now have the ability to go to the authorities and report their employers.

That is also the law in Germany. Everybody must carry identification all the time, or risk a fine. It is a nuisance to have to carry it around, because of the risk of losing it, but is it really such a bad law?

Which they might have a point with, had they had immigration laws and the ability and will to enforce them. Since they didn't...

Literally, "might makes right," eh?

Literally, "might makes right," eh?

Might is always necessary in the enforcement of laws, you can't simply declare something to be illegal if you have no means to punish those who break the laws. However, that ignores the fact that the American Indians didn't even have the concept of immigration laws, they were by and large a tribal people who didn't consider ownership of the land to be relevant in any way. As such, no one broke a single law by coming here because there were no laws in place to break.

That is simply not the case today.

Back
Top Bottom