• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Husband shoots 2 bank robbery suspects who kidnapped him, his wife.

Jerry

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Husband shoots 2 bank robbery suspects who kidnapped him, his wife.
by Andrew Horansky / KHOU 11 News & KHOU.com staff
khou.com
Posted on August 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Updated today at 3:55 PM

COLUMBUS, Texas -- Two bank robbery suspects were shot in Colorado County Thursday night by a man who said they kidnapped him and his wife, a bank employee. ..... “It’s very positive to a community to hear that the good guy does win in the end,” resident Evan Mullins said.

Score one for the good-guys.

One survived. ;)

Too bad.

It is surprising she could open the vault. This was the way over 100 years ago that bank robbers began to operate by raiding the banker's home and holding his family hostage while he went and opened the safe/vault. The response was to add time-locks to vaults so it was impossible to open it after hours - even for smaller banks. I have one of the safes from the last of the 1800s that was the only safe Jessie James gang couldn't open because it had a time lock, had all rounded corners and was made of manganese steel so couldn't be blown open. A center copper liner made it impossible to safely torch open either.

Why no time lock or it not being used? How would the robbers know that? It seems the robbers/kidnappers knew much about the operation. This investigation likely will including interviewing tellers and ex-tellers.

Too bad.

It is surprising she could open the vault. This was the way over 100 years ago that bank robbers began to operate by raiding the banker's home and holding his family hostage while he went and opened the safe/vault. The response was to add time-locks to vaults so it was impossible to open it after hours - even for smaller banks. I have one of the safes from the last of the 1800s that was the only safe Jessie James gang couldn't open because it had a time lock, had all rounded corners and was made of manganese steel so couldn't be blown open. A center copper liner made it impossible to safely torch open either.

Why no time lock or it not being used? How would the robbers know that? It seems the robbers/kidnappers knew much about the operation. This investigation likely will including interviewing tellers and ex-tellers.

They missed one obvious flaw in their air tight plan - armed resistance.

It guess it didn't hurt that the husband was also a reserve officer for the Sheriff's department.

It guess it didn't hurt that the husband was also a reserve officer for the Sheriff's department.

I guess without that status he would have missed? or maybe that is why one of the mopes survived

I guess without that status he would have missed? or maybe that is why one of the mopes survived
Or.... maybe he was confident enough to do what he had to do because he was trained.

Or.... maybe he was confident enough to do what he had to do because he was trained.

I spent 8 hours with my family training even though I can outshoot all the certified trainers. I learn something each time

most of the people there, including my wife and son don't have any LE backgrounds

Back
Top Bottom