• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hurricane Laura to Hit at Close of RNC

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The timing of this one is impeccable.

Hurricane Laura Is Strengthening and Expected to Strike Upper Texas, Louisiana Coasts as Category 3 | The Weather Channel

Hurricane Laura is intensifying over the Gulf of Mexico and expected to become a major hurricane prior to striking the upper Texas or southwest Louisiana coasts late Wednesday or early Thursday. Life-threatening storm surge and destructive winds will batter the coast and a threat of flooding rain and strong winds will extend well inland.

Residents along the upper Texas and southwest Louisiana coasts should prepare now for a hurricane strike. Follow any evacuation orders issued by local or state officials.
6388697_082520-wtvd-laura-6pm-img.jpg

Laura looks to be serious too.

Hundreds of thousands ordered to evacuate as Hurricane Laura forecast to hit Gulf Coast as a 'major' Category 3 storm

Drawdown

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Filled up the vehicles and gas cans already. Never let any opportunity to jack up prices go to waste. Prices already going up in last few days in my area.

Lovebug

Be humble and kind
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Melania is miffed at Don. Yep, that must be it.

ataraxia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I wonder if Pat Robertson can see God’s hand in this . I mean if he could see it for all those other natural disasters, surely he can’t miss this one.

Lovebug

Be humble and kind
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Filled up the vehicles and gas cans already. Never let any opportunity to jack up prices go to waste. Prices already going up in last few days in my area.

It is bad enough having to bug out without a pandemic. We have been through a hurricane, helped out with a few after. This is so much worse. Please accept our prayers and best wishes.

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
The democratps PLANNED this, Obama AND CROOKED HILLARY! This is an OUTRAGE!!!!!:cool:

Drawdown

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is bad enough having to bug out without a pandemic. We have been through a hurricane, helped out with a few after. This is so much worse. Please accept our prayers and best wishes.

Thanks but we aren't ground zero. We are tail end and won't get anything but some wind and showers. I just gassed up because gas prices get crazy on the east coast after a hurricane for no good reason than they can gouge everybody except those at ground zero. Hurricane Effing Michael, however, did a massive amount of local damage we are still cleaning up. The rainfall out of that one was insane and not forecast to be even remotely that high so nobody was prepared for it.

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left

Dirty democrat WITCHHUNT!:devil:

Can you bvelieve those SLEAZY dems are now playing with the weather JUST out of sheer hate of Trump and GOD BLESS 'MURICA?:shock:

Lovebug

Be humble and kind
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Thanks but we aren't ground zero. We are tail end and won't get anything but some wind and showers. I just gassed up because gas prices get crazy on the east coast after a hurricane for no good reason than they can gouge everybody except those at ground zero. Hurricane Effing Michael, however, did a massive amount of local damage we are still cleaning up. The rainfall out of that one was insane and not forecast to be even remotely that high so nobody was prepared for it.

Just be safe. That goes for you and everyone it the path.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Dirty democrat WITCHHUNT!:devil:

Can you bvelieve those SLEAZY dems are now playing with the weather JUST out of sheer hate of Trump and GOD BLESS 'MURICA?:shock:

Since this will likely overshadow Don's big night, it is kind of ironic.

Lovebug

Be humble and kind
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Wasn't me who is turned a potential life threatening disaster into a beat Trump over the head thread. Adding to the bs should be allowed though.

Anyhow, stay safe.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Wasn't me who is turned a potential life threatening disaster into a beat Trump over the head thread. Adding to the bs should be allowed though.

Anyhow, stay safe.

Not sure who here is a God believer or not, but if I was, I'd be wondering by now if maybe He is not a Trump Supporter. :lamo

Sends Plague during election year.

Now sends Hurricane during his convention speech.

Asteroid on way for election day.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
True. At least it's not making landfall in a high density population area.

I read that 500,000 have to be evacuated. I hope that effort is successful.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Curiously, a major hurricane striking a heavily-populated area in the US results in a jump in the GDP. Damages such as buildings lost to forest fires or homes and businesses destroyed by hurricanes, river flooding and tornadoes are not subtracted from the GDP, but the rebuilding effort is added to it.

So, be careful of accepting political claims about increases in the GDP in coming months.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This storm has the potential to make Katrina look like a walk in the park, leading me to believe that God really does not like that Orange Buffoon in the White House.

Hitched up with WVUE FOX 8 Meteorologist Zack Fradella. We are evacuating Lake Charles. You should too. RIGHT NOW!!! I’ll see you back on TV once we make it to WAFB Baton Rouge. This is thing coming in as a CAT 5. KPLC is no longer safe.

BenTerryKPLC

FYI
EgXTlqeWAAcg0Wc

Cat 4 or 5 has never made landfall inside that circle...never.

Top Bottom