• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hurricane Laura Expected to Strengthen Into a Category 4; Catastrophic Strike Ahead Near Louisiana a

TheGoverness

Little Miss Sunshine
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Article Here.

I can't seem to catch a break, can I? :doh 2020 has been so wonderful. :roll:

It's going to hit around nighttime, or sometime tomorrow. From where I am in Nacogdoches, we're in Laura's path, so we're totally gonna get smacked with rain. Some of my friends, and one of my roommates left for home, but I'm just staying here in Nacogdoches and riding it out in my apartment. Classes are canceled past noon today, but my professors (with earlier class times) just cancelled class anyways. Gonna suck, but I'll make it through this. I've been checking up on family and friends in H-town, and everyone's bracing for it.

Hoping it won't beat us too bad. :peace

Best of luck to you Gov, and to everyone in Laura's path.

Stay safe and keep in contact with us :2wave:

Article Here.

It's going to hit around nighttime, or sometime tomorrow. From where I am in Nacogdoches, we're in Laura's path, so we're totally gonna get smacked with rain. Some of my friends, and one of my roommates left for home, but I'm just staying here in Nacogdoches and riding it out in my apartment. Classes are canceled past noon today, but my professors (with earlier class times) just cancelled class anyways. Gonna suck, but I'll make it through this. I've been checking up on family and friends in H-town, and everyone's bracing for it.

It looks like Nacogdoches may get a worse hit than Houston, Stay safe!
Also have a plan of where to go, if you think the power may be off for several days.

This is what Ugly looks like on radar!
hurricane laura.jpg
This is a monster, stay safe, and get out of it's path if possible.

Article Here.

Given you are hunkering down, and the inevitable power outages, I suspect we won't be hearing from you for awhile. Stay safe, and maybe login when can. Take care.

Been busy all day, and the Gov posted this before I could get online - so she beat me too it.

Wow! I have never seen such quick development in a storm. From tropical storm to solid cat-4 in one good day? 145 MPH? Seriously?

We're lucky that thing is moving fast, otherwise I have little doubt it would hit cat 5 (155 MPH). Let's not kid ourselves, this thing is bad. Real bad.

Article Here.

Stay safe and let us know how it turns out when you get a chance.

Given you are hunkering down, and the inevitable power outages, I suspect we won't be hearing from you for awhile. Stay safe, and maybe login when can. Take care.

Yeah, it's gonna be a bad one.

Hoping we'll make it through okay!

Yeah, it's gonna be a bad one.

Hoping we'll make it through okay!
Wow! I figured you'd be high-tailing it out, or too busy sheltering to reply.

Anyway, be safe. If we don't hear from you for awhile, we'll know you're burning-up the candles! Been there!

Stay safe. Least we redirected those fema funds in time

Damn, this thing is kicking 150 MPH. That's 5 shy of Cat 5. Gusts to 175. Yow!

Article Here.

The worst of it will be to the east of you. Lake Charles is going to be under water in a few hours And half of Louisiana will be too by tomorrow night.

Damn, this thing is kicking 150 MPH. That's 5 shy of Cat 5. Gusts to 175. Yow!

Strongest hurricane to ever at landfall to hit that part of the coast. It’s going to be ugly.

If only Obama and Biden had taken climate change seriously this would not have happened.

Article Here.

Be safe.

Hurricanes always remind me of a conversation I had with a friend during one in which she was right smack in the thick of it when it was coming to shore. "Yea it is really bad out. But we'll be okay." Me: "Well maybe you should have evacuated." Her: "We are kind of used to it. My sister is just coming back ho....oh I probably should go. A giant tree limb just knocked my sister off her feet."

Anyway, by best to all. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen at this point.

i have some friends on the east coast who always "ride it out". they're older.

a storm within the last 2-3 years was headed at them, weakened into a tropical storm at the very last second and the eye passed literally beside their neighborhood. within blocks of their house (according to them).

they'd probably be dead had it not weakened.

Been busy all day, and the Gov posted this before I could get online - so she beat me too it.

Wow! I have never seen such quick development in a storm. From tropical storm to solid cat-4 in one good day? 145 MPH? Seriously?

We're lucky that thing is moving fast, otherwise I have little doubt it would hit cat 5 (155 MPH). Let's not kid ourselves, this thing is bad. Real bad.

On the Weather Channel they said Cat 5 is possible.

Strongest hurricane to ever at landfall to hit that part of the coast. It’s going to be ugly.
I fear Lake Charles is history.

The only positives is it's coming ashore in non-urban coastline, and it's moving fast.

On the Weather Channel they said Cat 5 is possible.
Only 5 MPH away, so yeah. They only do the wind update every 3 or 4 hours, so it could have grown since the last update.

But how the hell does to go from a tropical storm to cat 5 in what? 36 hours? The Gulf must be hot enough for a fish boil!

Article Here.

Hope you got backup supplies.

The National Weather Service called it..."unsurvivable." I don't know if they're just being melodramatic to get people to get up and get gtfo, but I can't recall a weather phenomenon ever being called "unsurvivable."

Back
Top Bottom