• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hurricane Laura Expected to Strengthen Into a Category 4; Catastrophic Strike Ahead Near Louisiana a

Article Here.

I can't seem to catch a break, can I? :doh 2020 has been so wonderful. :roll:

It's going to hit around nighttime, or sometime tomorrow. From where I am in Nacogdoches, we're in Laura's path, so we're totally gonna get smacked with rain. Some of my friends, and one of my roommates left for home, but I'm just staying here in Nacogdoches and riding it out in my apartment. Classes are canceled past noon today, but my professors (with earlier class times) just cancelled class anyways. Gonna suck, but I'll make it through this. I've been checking up on family and friends in H-town, and everyone's bracing for it.

Hoping it won't beat us too bad. :peace

Hang in there and stay safe!

This is pretty good

EgZYKflXgAAiEO1

The National Weather Service called it..."unsurvivable." I don't know if they're just being melodramatic to get people to get up and get gtfo, but I can't recall a weather phenomenon ever being called "unsurvivable."
Yeah, WTH was up with that? Good news is it was hyperbolic. I suspect the storm's rapid speed was a large factor there.

Yeah, WTH was up with that? Good news is it was hyperbolic. I suspect the storm's rapid speed was a large factor there.

Fast moving and hit shortly after low tide.

Stay safe, kid.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Wow! I figured you'd be high-tailing it out, or too busy sheltering to reply.

Anyway, be safe. If we don't hear from you for awhile, we'll know you're burning-up the candles! Been there!

Welp, it moved further East, so aside from some rain, we didn't get hit at all.

When I read the silly characterization of this storm, I wanted to laugh and post something, but - like most everybody else - I thought MAYBE we should take heed. Wrong!! There is real danger in all this hyperbolic nonsense, which is that people are going to start shrugging off all warnings because they've heard so much inflated bs. And at a time when they really should evacuate or hunker down, they won't. I wish the media and so called experts would start addressing these storms with measured speech and stop with the hysteria. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom