• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hurricane Katrina

R

rees

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this.

I saw a clip of a celebrity named Kanye, he seemed very emotional, and he said some things ....

i can see his emotions flowing out of him,...but perhaps being emotional in such a way makes it hard to think straight...

these are some quotes he says:
''those are my poeple down there'' --I question the true meaning of this
''the poor...the black people'' -- and again I question this...
''Bush hates black people'' -- and once again....

i thought by these 3 quotes alone, says a lot about him.

i can only get the implication that Kanye is a racist, and he doesn't see Everyone as 'my people', i think deep down inside he is mourning more for poeple by the skin color

Black poeple aren't suffereing down there...People are suffering down there. and Kanye needs to see that..but does he truly see that?..or is he only seeing the situation as 'more black people' suffering?...

Im sorry but i can't take Kanye seriously, if he keeps mentioning 'black' this and that...he needs to leave the color of the skin out of it...its obvious black people aren't the only ones down there...

If hypothetically not a single non-black person were suffering down there, then i wouldn't see him as a racist...i feel like his emotions are directed toward black people more...yes i question Kanye, is he a racist deep down?

The mentality of racism runs deep, you might think your not a racist, but listen to yourself, what you say, and it might show your true nature , especially when your emotional.

Have i Misjudged Kanye? am i reading too much into what hes saying?

rees said:
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this.

I saw a clip of a celebrity named Kanye, he seemed very emotional, and he said some things ....

i can see his emotions flowing out of him,...but perhaps being emotional in such a way makes it hard to think straight...

these are some quotes he says:
''those are my poeple down there'' --I question the true meaning of this
''the poor...the black people'' -- and again I question this...
''Bush hates black people'' -- and once again....

i thought by these 3 quotes alone, says a lot about him.

i can only get the implication that Kanye is a racist, and he doesn't see Everyone as 'my people', i think deep down inside he is mourning more for poeple by the skin color

Black poeple aren't suffereing down there...People are suffering down there. and Kanye needs to see that..but does he truly see that?..or is he only seeing the situation as 'more black people' suffering?...

Im sorry but i can't take Kanye seriously, if he keeps mentioning 'black' this and that...he needs to leave the color of the skin out of it...its obvious black people aren't the only ones down there...

If hypothetically not a single non-black person were suffering down there, then i wouldn't see him as a racist...i feel like his emotions are directed toward black people more...yes i question Kanye, is he a racist deep down?

The mentality of racism runs deep, you might think your not a racist, but listen to yourself, what you say, and it might show your true nature , especially when your emotional.

Have i Misjudged Kanye? am i reading too much into what hes saying?

Na .. he's a racist IMO. And until this happened he wouldn't **** on these people to put them out if they were on fire. But it's a way to get press and take a shot at whitey at the same time. Always a good combination to play in the media...LOL

Back
Top Bottom