• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hurricane Katrina 6 months later

cherokee

Devil Dog
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
1080 dead
2000 still missing.
I even heard one news person say some homes still have bodies that need to be removed but they didn’t say or I missed where (locations).

That just blows my mind.:shock:

PLUS---------- Where has all the money that was donated for clean-up and to rebuild gone too????? Very little if any has been done.

At least the ice showed up just in time for Mardi Gras. :roll:

Since they're going to have to "rebuild" NO anyway, why not rebuild it at another location still within the vincinity of the mississipi delta? Preferably some place that is not under sea level? It was dumb enough for people to have built under sea level and then spend billions of dollars to construct a levy system. Let's face it NO is no Venice Italy, there is no real historical significance especially for those areas that are below sea level. French Quarters and such are decently above sea level so of course those would be retained. But the remainder, I say let it revert back to marshland to truly buffer the surf as well as reclaimation of the river delta itself, then move the remiander of the flooded and destroyed areas back to places above sea level. Much more effective and efficient logicaly and economically (resepective) then the current clean it all up and rebuild.

jfuh said:
Since they're going to have to "rebuild" NO anyway, why not rebuild it at another location still within the vincinity of the mississipi delta? Preferably some place that is not under sea level? It was dumb enough for people to have built under sea level and then spend billions of dollars to construct a levy system. Let's face it NO is no Venice Italy, there is no real historical significance especially for those areas that are below sea level. French Quarters and such are decently above sea level so of course those would be retained. But the remainder, I say let it revert back to marshland to truly buffer the surf as well as reclaimation of the river delta itself, then move the remiander of the flooded and destroyed areas back to places above sea level. Much more effective and efficient logicaly and economically (resepective) then the current clean it all up and rebuild.

I agree, that money that is to go to the levee, could be better spent, mother nature certainly won't care how much you spend, she will always break your heart.

So when the final body count is in, and it comes in around 3000 (1000 dead+ 2000 missing after 6 months) are people going to want to start a global war on nature?

Back
Top Bottom