• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hurricane Earl

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Link

AL0710W_NL_sm2.gif

Is anyone watching this? Now they are saying Earl may drift eastward and miss NC and VA, even though some are evacuating.

Last edited:
I don't live on the east coast anymore, but I still keep tabs on these things. Hurricane Earl is Cat 3 right now and might even make Cat 4. It's expected to curve east and not make a direct hit on the coast, but the NC/VA area will still take a beating. Personally, if I lived on the coast I'd be making preparations to leave.

I'm in southeastern Va.

The cone of doom from the NHC is really a RANGE of possible destinations drawn from different computer simulations. I also like to take a look at the actual models themselves:

at201007_model.gif

All this hurricane monitoring is horrible big government spending thats not in the constitution!!!!

Selfishly, I'm just glad it isn't going to impact my weekend plans. Next week, it could be me making inland hotel reservations and evacuating the dog, cats, bunny, and kids.

yankees :D

Wake me when one makes it to the gulf ;)

Excuse me, but everyone that was anyone during the Civil War came from Virginia. ;)

Isabel was a Cat 5 three times before hitting at Cat 2 in 2003. Earl is a Cat 3 now, will likely not go any higher.

What does that have to do with a tropical depression in the middle of the atlantic ocean?

Just heard Earl is Cat 4.

Looks like Washington may be getting a direct hit. All the storm track has to do is shift slightly to the west. I am reminded of a joke:

q. What did the hurricane say to the palm tree?
a. Hang onto your nuts, this ain't no ordinary blow job.

But there are no palm trees in Washington. So, let's remake the joke:

q. What did the hurricane say to the Washington Times building?

:mrgreen:

Looks like Washington may be getting a direct hit. All the storm track has to do is shift slightly to the west. I am reminded of a joke:

Plenty of nuts though.

Plenty of nuts though.

If you are inferring Congress, then quit trying to change the subject. I was talking about nuts, and here you go, trying to change the discussion to fruitcakes. :mrgreen:

It would be better with the Wash Post. :2razz:

I welcome Earl. It is hotter than hell here in Boston right now...

I welcome Earl. It is hotter than hell here in Boston right now...

I lived in Northeast Mass as a kid. Has the entire summer been really hot?

It sure has here in the Midwest!

Back
Top Bottom