• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hurray for these Christians!

auto da fe' auto da fe'
what's an auto da fe'

it's what you shouldn't do but do anyway.

such a beautiful day for an auto da fe'...

Tell me what I'm missing? What other way is there to take the sentence, "I am also one who believes that Christianity lost its fervor when it stopped burning people at the stake"? You say there's more behind it, but fail to explain what that might be. Words having meaning, y'know.

I have a feeling that the Catholic Church's faith doesn't advocate or even recognise the historical legitimacy of burning at the stake. In your declarations against SSM, you seem to have placed yourself at odds with the Holy Father on a matter of doctrine. Obviously you pick and choose which bits of the faith you adhere to.

One could say that twice (is that all?) you have failed to explain how your personal views on heresy should apply to non-Catholics.

No one forced you into going all Torquemada on us.

Would you like me to wipe your ass for you too? If I wanted to spell it out for you I would have, but instead, I'm trying to get you to think.

and it appears I'm failing miserably at it...

As far as I'm concerned the conversation's over, no offense but, well...g'head and take the last word if you'd like, this one is mine...

So, judging heresy is little more than factional in-fighting. Got it.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Not to be dismissive, but you threw out the epithet 'heretics' unprovoked. Why should that carry any weight as an insult if you admit that you are a heretic too? If you didn't mean it as an insult, what did you mean by it?
Something that is common among various Christian denominations is that they think they are the only ones that got it right. So everyone else is a heretic. I don't put much weight in it. I pledge no allegiance to these various social clubs.

Back
Top Bottom