• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hurray for these Christians!

I guess you must know that that defines you as the equivalent of ISIS, don't you? I thought that their predilection for beheading and burning heretics is one of the reasons they are beyond the pale.

I get it; you're a convert. That's often a clue to those who take to the most extreme positions of a faith.

I sincerely hope not.

Because your picking and choosing and your disenchantment had nothing to do with you looking to get something different out of your faith?

Those heretics and apostates need to taste the flames, eh?

You took it at face value, after I went out of my way to tell you not to...Oh well...

LMAO. No, it's painfully obvious you don't. Adhering to the faith, I know, what a ****ing zealot!

Twice now you've failed to comprehend.

You know, you could have just started with this **** from the beginning and saved us both some time..

Take care

You took it at face value, after I went out of my way to tell you not to...Oh well...
Tell me what I'm missing? What other way is there to take the sentence, "I am also one who believes that Christianity lost its fervor when it stopped burning people at the stake"? You say there's more behind it, but fail to explain what that might be. Words having meaning, y'know.

LMAO. No, it's painfully obvious you don't. Adhering to the faith, I know, what a ****ing zealot!
I have a feeling that the Catholic Church's faith doesn't advocate or even recognise the historical legitimacy of burning at the stake. In your declarations against SSM, you seem to have placed yourself at odds with the Holy Father on a matter of doctrine. Obviously you pick and choose which bits of the faith you adhere to.

Twice now you've failed to comprehend.
One could say that twice (is that all?) you have failed to explain how your personal views on heresy should apply to non-Catholics.

You know, you could have just started with this **** from the beginning and saved us both some time.
No one forced you into going all Torquemada on us.

Who judges what is 'fundamental ethics' of any religion. Are religions like democracies, whatever the majority think is what goes? Do the believers decide what is 'fundamental'? If you argue that scripture is sovereign, who's to interpret that? Clergy? Laity? Both? Or neither?

There have been dozens of changes to 'fundamental ethics' in the history of Christianity, even within Catholic doctrine. Can't we just agree that evolution is inevitable and unstoppable; applaud the changes we approve of according to our own ethics, and bemoan those we disagree with?

paul defined this in the bible.

Anything that is taught outside the gospel is not the gospel.

The one true god. of course..

Well considering how you throw Judaism, Christianity, and the Bible under the bus, I seriously don't think you have a clue. Now you could name this God you're talking about, but I doubt you will.

paul defined this in the bible.

Well yes, that's the Calvinist position, but if you'd read the whole thread, you've got majority Christian opinion (RC + Orthodox) that doesn't invest every shred of authority in the scriptures.

Anything that is taught outside the gospel is not the gospel.

No s***! Not being gospel doesn't mean it's not authoritative, according to most Christian teaching.

Well yes, that's the Calvinist position, but if you'd read the whole thread, you've got majority Christian opinion (RC + Orthodox) that doesn't invest every shred of authority in the scriptures.

No s***! Not being gospel doesn't mean it's not authoritative, according to most Christian teaching.

that is exactly what it means. since the authority was given and ordained by Christ.
hence Paul's warning to the churches in Corinth and in Galacia.

Well considering how you throw Judaism, Christianity, and the Bible under the bus, I seriously don't think you have a clue. Now you could name this God you're talking about, but I doubt you will.

No, I don't. What I thow under the bus is your corrupted conception of what Judaism and the bible is supposed to be. For that matter, God does too

that is exactly what it means. since the authority was given and ordained by Christ.
hence Paul's warning to the churches in Corinth and in Galacia.

Why don't you and Chez have a debate over whether scripture is the only authority Christians should obey. I'm not refereeing the Reformation.

No, I don't. What I thow under the bus is your corrupted conception of what Judaism and the bible is supposed to be. For that matter, God does too

Just like I figured. You won't name your 'god' because you know you have zero credible evidence for it.

Just like I figured. You won't name your 'god' because you know you have zero credible evidence for it.

It appears you do not have any kind of reading comprehension. I wonder what part of 'the one true god' you didn't understand.

It appears you do not have any kind of reading comprehension. I wonder what part of 'the one true god' you didn't understand.

Some people call Satan the 'one true god.'

So pony up and tell us who your so-called 'god' is? Are you embarrassed to identify him/her/it?

Why don't you and Chez have a debate over whether scripture is the only authority Christians should obey. I'm not refereeing the Reformation.

Your the one that made the argument.

Some people call Satan the 'one true god.'

So pony up and tell us who your so-called 'god' is? Are you embarrassed to identify him/her/it?

I already told you.. and your trying to push some kind of misconeption upon things is showing that , indeed, you have no spiritual discernment.

I already told you.. and your trying to push some kind of misconeption upon things is showing that , indeed, you have no spiritual discernment.

I'm not ashamed of my God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

You have to hide yours.

I'm surprised at the number of people who don't know the difference between you're and your. Yore all hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom