• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hunter Biden's laptop acknowledged by the NY times

Hypothetical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/us/politics/hunter-biden-tax-bill-investigation.html

People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity. Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.

The NY times, now that they have no political motivation to cover it up any longer, has revealed that the laptop is real.

I wonder what else is real about this situation that we have not been allowed to ask about or talk about for over a year, since before the election?

the times appears to be saying his offenses aren't that serious, and the DOJ has not decided what to do with the information yet (daddy is president after all)... but then again the NY Times among other media, helped cover up and criticize the laptop story in the first place, so who can believe them now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/us/politics/hunter-biden-tax-bill-investigation.html

The NY times, now that they have no political motivation to cover it up any longer, has revealed that the laptop is real.

I wonder what else is real about this situation that we have not been allowed to ask about or talk about for over a year, since before the election?

the times appears to be saying his offenses aren't that serious, and the DOJ has not decided what to do with the information yet (daddy is president after all)... but then again the NY Times among other media, helped cover up and criticize the laptop story in the frst place, so who can believe them now?
Somebody said the laptop wasn’t real?

Somebody said the laptop wasn’t real?
the story wasn't run by most major media outlets and the idea that it was hunter biden;s laptop, much less having evidence of foul play revealed by it, was scoffed at during the election cycle last time for a long time... you know when it mattered ? the idea of the laptop still gets ridicule in some circles.

but good try.

I think he meant to say the laptop is really Hunter's. That was in dispute.
you are correct. I am sorry if that inclination is not precisely defined enough that it cannot be inferred that it is what i meant.

the story wasn't run by most major media outlets and the idea that it was hunter biden;s laptop, much less having evidence of foul play revealed by it, was scoffed at during the election cycle last time for a long time... you know when it mattered ? the idea of the laptop still gets ridicule in some circles.

but good try.
Whether it was or wasn’t his laptop wasn’t the issue.

you are correct. I am sorry if that inclination is not precisely defined enough that it cannot be inferred that it is what i meant.
It helps for one to try to carefully read what someone posts for substance before being overly eager to reply. I thought I was reading your intent correctly as a result, but you never know for sure. :)

the times appears to be saying his offenses aren't that serious, and the DOJ has not decided what to do with the information yet (daddy is president after all)... but then again the NY Times among other media, helped cover up and criticize the laptop story in the first place, so who can believe them now?
I don't think anybody doubted Hunter Biden had a laptop at some point. What hasn't been proven by you or anyone else is why should we care. Show us the evidence of crimes committed by Joe Biden.

Whether it was or wasn’t his laptop wasn’t the issue.
Evidently it was an issue for someone, otherwise Hunter wouldn't have dodged the question.

“There could be a laptop out there that was stolen from me. It could be that I was hacked. It could be that it was the — that it was Russian intelligence,” he says. “It could be that it was stolen from me.”

I don't think anybody doubted Hunter Biden had a laptop at some point. What hasn't been proven by you or anyone else is why should we care. Show us the evidence of crimes committed by Joe Biden.
If it could be shown that Joe is the "Big guy" getting a10% cut from the deals it might be an abuse of power involved when he was VP.

If it could be shown that Joe is the "Big guy" getting a10% cut from the deals it might be an abuse of power involved when he was VP.
Ok, show us. It could be that Trump is diddling kids in his basement. I've got about as much evidence of that as you bozos do for this Biden Laptop Ukraine Something conspiracy theory.

I disagree, it was at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the issue. trying to move the goalposts now does not help.

The issue was whether the information therein was planted by Russian intelligence.

It always was an absurd claim.

After all, H. Biden never denied the information was true, and that the information can easily be traced to the other email.

Last edited:
They said the laptop wasn't Hunters and was "Russian disinformation." C'mon, man...
Who are this "They".

From what I understand, the problem was that no one cared that it was Hunter's laptop.

I think he meant to say the laptop is really Hunter's. That was in dispute.
Not in legitimate dispute. The media likes to conflate the issue of it being his laptop with the issue of whether it came to light through nefarious means.

Ok, show us. It could be that Trump is diddling kids in his basement. I've got about as much evidence of that as you bozos do for this Biden Laptop Ukraine Something conspiracy theory.
It's not my job to dig for evidence of a possible crime. That would be the job of the FBI. I'm pretty sure that had this been one of Trump's kids democrats would be all over it.

The issue was whether the information therein was a planted by Russian intelligence.

It always was an absurd claim.

After all, H. Biden never denied the information was true, and that the information can easily be traced to the other email.
right but he tried to cover it up being his, that maybe it was stolen from him by russians, the media buried the story by and large and posters here stated it was not real.

by "not real" i understood to mean it was not his.

the social media outlets went so far as to BAN PEOPLE for talking about it.

Not in legitimate dispute. The media likes to conflate the issue of it being his laptop with the issue of whether it came to light through nefarious means.
Even Hunter was blowing it off as being his. It helped that he had the support of MSM to put ownership in doubt.

Who are this "They".

From what I understand, the problem was that no one cared that it was Hunter's laptop.
The New York Times, and Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC.

No, people cared to imply to the public that it may not have been Hunter's laptop, because it is loaded with criminal behavior, felonies, drug use, prostitution, and all sorts of nefarious behavior, plus information which implies business dealings involving odd and suspicious payments for contacts and introductions, and also percentages to be distributed to the Big Guy (Joe)., etc.

People cared, except the Democrats and their water-carriers in the media.

It's not my job to dig for evidence of a possible crime. That would be the job of the FBI. I'm pretty sure that had this been one of Trump's kids democrats would be all over it.
Lol, you're not here to present any evidence for the ridiculous things you're claiming "could be" the case, you just believe what you believe because you want to.

Let us know when there's literally any evidence at all to suggest Biden did something illegal. We'll be here eagerly waiting.

Back
Top Bottom