• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hunter Biden has been under investigation since Obama. Why didn't Trump's DOJ press charges while Trump was in office?

You said the 'big guy' reference was related to the China corruption, not the Ukraine corruption. sorry if we got our Biden corruption scandals confused.
So dishonest to ignore the "alleged" and " whoever that is " in my post but it's who you are and how you roll......we all know that.

Barr himself was personally aware of all the details and felt no need to make anything public leading up to the election. He also stated publicly he saw no basis for appointing a special counsel. Presumably because nothing he saw implicated Joe Biden or was more significant than a typical criminal tax investigation. Joe Biden himself left only one Trump appointed prosecutor in place and that was the one heading the investigation against Hunter. Hardly the action of a guilty accomplice.
When did Barr say this? Do you have a quote?

So dishonest to ignore the "alleged" and " whoever that is " in my post but it's who you are and how you roll......we all know that.
Right. Hunter got a million dollar a year gig on the board of Burisma how, exactly? What were his duties? And maybe the 'big guy' was Trump, right? You libs will swallow anything.

Right. Hunter got a million dollar a year gig on the board of Burisma how, exactly? What were his duties? And maybe the 'big guy' was Trump, right? You libs will swallow anything.
Oh , I am quite sure at that point in time Burisma wanted to use Hunter to gain access to his Dad and for no other reason. However, it didn't pay dividends. Trump the " big guy"? That's funny Trump was never more than a small petty, self adsorbed jerk.

Title of thread is self-explanatory.

The investigation, which began as a tax inquiry under the Obama administration, widened in 2018 to include possible criminal violations of tax laws, as well as foreign lobbying and money laundering rules, according to the people familiar with the inquiry.
The answer to your thread title question: Because it was never "Trump's DOJ".

I mean, with all the stuff the DOJ was trying to do to Trump, from targeting his National Security Advisor to mounting actions against various people in his administration to that entire Mueller nonsense and on to Barr deliberately ignoring election fraud...the DOJ has never done ANYTHING that would help Trump and they did EVERYTHING to hurt Trump.

And you think they would press charges against Hunter Biden?

LOL!!

I mean, with all the stuff the DOJ was trying to do to Trump, from targeting his National Security Advisor to mounting actions against various people in his administration to that entire Mueller nonsense and on to Barr deliberately ignoring election fraud...the DOJ has never done ANYTHING that would help Trump and they did EVERYTHING to hurt Trump.

LOL!!
Such a hoot! The moment anyone shows anything other than absolute, unquestioned loyalty to Trump they are part of the deep state....

Such a hoot! The moment anyone shows anything other than absolute, unquestioned loyalty to Trump they are part of the deep state....
There's a difference between employees of the executive branch not having "unquestioned loyalty" and "actively working against".

The things I mentioned fall into the "actively working against" category.

LOL!!
I seem to remember Trump saying that he would launch an investigation "on day 1" of his Presidency.

There's a difference between employees of the executive branch not having "unquestioned loyalty" and "actively working against".

The things I mentioned fall into the "actively working against" category.
Barr did anything but work against Trump he covered his ass in ways dishonourable to his position and oath.

I seem to remember Trump saying that he would launch an investigation "on day 1" of his Presidency.
An investigation of what?

In any case, he found out quickly such things would never happen. Hell, they didn't even investigate Obama's corruption.

Barr did anything but work against Trump he covered his ass in ways dishonourable to his position and oath.
How so?

I don't know of anything Barr did to cover Trump's ass.

The emails and texts from the laptop are being touted as evidence of Hunter's nefarious business dealings and his supposed kickback payments to Joe.

Hunter Biden has issues, no doubt. But these supposed revelations about the laptop are not a new smoking gun.
Smoking gun? They don't even have a drippy water gun.

More like they are using their finger and going "bang!"

An investigation of what?

In any case, he found out quickly such things would never happen. Hell, they didn't even investigate Obama's corruption.
On October 9 2016 he said:

"If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, deception - there has never been anything like it," Trump told Clinton.

Chalk that up to another thing he said he would do and didn't.

The investigation, which began as a tax inquiry under the Obama administration, widened in 2018 to include possible criminal violations of tax laws, as well as foreign lobbying and money laundering rules, according to the people familiar with the inquiry.

No grand jury thanks to covid

How so?

I don't know of anything Barr did to cover Trump's ass.
Of course you don't. None so blind as those who will not see........

Not sure why this is so baffling to you. The reason Trumps DOJ didnt press charges is because they werent able to put a case together in the 2 months remaining in their term. They may well have started an investigation but they dont announce such things.
Actually, they had 90 days from when Rudy first went to the Daily Caller. We have no idea how long before that time Rudy had the info.

Barret was confirmed in 30 days. If the Republican-controlled Senate thought there needed to be an investigation, they had plenty of time to issue Hunter a subpoena and have a hearing before 1/20.

Back
Top Bottom