• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hunger...

Fabiusbile

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Hello.
I want to define this topic as quite important... but for some reason ignored by many.
However, for discussion, I want to take an article from the publication Politico.
An amazing combination of lies and half-truths.
First of all, I was struck by the theses about the upcoming unprecedented harvest in Ukraine...
This is a lie. And the point here is not only that I literally just arrived from the Kherson region and I talked with farmers, most of whom simply could not start sowing...
How can you lie like that, it's unclear, there is a hot phase of war in the country, mass migration of the population, an acute shortage of fuel and lubricants is still being destroyed everywhere infrastructure and repair facilities, it is impossible to bring spare parts and equipment... and Politico tells about an unprecedented harvest.
What is this lie for? And in order to justify the part of the article where the truth is really written, the fact that Ukraine has about 25 million tons of grain harvests of previous years is actually more, but it is so important.
Western countries need to withdraw this grain in order to contain the inflation of their food, and the fact that this will turn into a natural famine for Ukraine... Putin will be to blame for this.
By the way, usually Ukraine exported no more than 14 ml tons of grain per year... and judging by the plans of the West to export 25 ml tons, Ukrainians will not eat anymore.

Russia is generally the largest grain exporter on the planet and I think readers are aware that the Kremlin has adopted a ban on the export of grain from the country... the Kremlin knows about the upcoming food crisis and is preparing for it in advance.
Considering the ban on the export of fertilizers from Russia adopted back in December 2021, where, together with Belarus, our countries have the main share in nitrogen and potash fertilizers on the planet... yields will decrease everywhere. If the current sowing season in Europe and the USA was still on old fertilizer stocks, then here is the next season... will have a different yield.
According to experts, the first problems with food will begin in the fall of this year, and the food crisis will fully come into its own in the spring of 2023.
Of course, the inhabitants of the Elven west will not starve, just food will cost more. Unpleasant, but not tragic.
But the inhabitants of Africa, who are extremely dependent on grain imports, as well as Central Asia and a number of other developing countries... there will be fewer of them. Of course, residents of Libya, Syria and similar countries from which there is already a well-established and well-known path to Europe will go there even more massively, hunger drives people no worse than war. But for residents of countries like the Congo, Zimbabwe... there will really be fewer of them.

The most interesting thing is that no one intends to solve the coming catastrophe, all of the participants of the decisive parties intend to show a principled position, and they intend to lie to their peoples and at least not yet raise the issue of global food shortages... and we, the citizens of these countries, will go through this. But what are the children of the Congo to blame for? Why should they starve to death and for what?

Back
Top Bottom