• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hungary credits razor wire border fence for almost 100 percent drop in illegal migration

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
And a 30ft. wall with razor wire at the top (what the President wants) "won't work"? Riiiiiiight….

Hungary cites a MASSIVE DROP in illegal border crossings since they completed their barrier in late 2015.

Looks like Leftgoofyworld is the only place on the planet that effective barriers "don't work".

Hungary credits razor wire border fence for almost 100 percent drop in illegal migration

Hungary has claimed that its fences on the borders with Croatia and Serbia have helped to cut the inflow of migrants by 99.7 percent since 2015. The small inland nation now has one quarter of the length of its borders protected by a fence.

“The number of successful attempts to illegally cross the border fell from 391,000 in 2015 to 18,236 in 2016 and only 1,184 in 2017,” the Hungarian prime minister’s chief security advisor, Gyorgy Bakondi, told reporters at a press conference marking the second anniversary of the closure of the Hungarian-Serbian border on September 15.

https://www.rt.com/news/403738-hungary-border-fence-migrants/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it's just me, but... right or wrong, correct or incorrect, I still wouldn't use a RT article as my source for anything.

Maybe it's just me, but... right or wrong, correct or incorrect, I still wouldn't use a RT article as my source for anything.

But razor wire hurting people sounds awesome...

Razor wire and armed patrols who don't mind damaging a few refugees, lobbing a bit of teargas at the kids, the usual fascist stuff....

Razor wire and armed patrols who don't mind damaging a few refugees, lobbing a bit of teargas at the kids, the usual fascist stuff....

Yup, Hungary is a thugocracy, no wonder the alt right loves them.

It used to be a nice place, I enjoyed it, not interested in going back though.

Also, the irony of the Russian mouthpiece OP posting from RT.....:lamo

Keeps out the unwanted illegal invaders... that is for sure.

Yup, Hungary is a thugocracy, no wonder the alt right loves them.

It used to be a nice place, I enjoyed it, not interested in going back though.

Also, the irony of the Russian mouthpiece OP posting from RT.....:lamo

It was nice to visit before the hourdes of illegal angry hourdes invaded... and it still is. It will be like you remember because they preserved their country... unlike the USA.

Fascist countries tend to keep people inside the barbed wire fences. Not outside.

That's the other piece that makes it work. Germany, Israel, the Koreas...all those walls are manned, patrolled, surveilled, overseen.

There are facts being overlooked in your rejection of a particular news source. For example, you neither confirm nor deny the reported facts and say nothing to refute the claims.

Tell us how defending ones own borders from illegal entry is fascist.

Fascist countries tend to keep people inside the barbed wire fences. Not outside.

Seeing as he doesn't even know what fascism is. I doubt explaining it for him will do any good.

To the best of my knowledge, Hungary (along with Austria and the Czech Republic) has honest elections.

Thus, the government represents them.

And they do NOT want migrants coming into their country.

That is their right.

We should not criticize their desire.

We have too many problems on our own plate to go around lecturing other countries how to deal with the worldwide matter of immigration patterns.

Yeah..who gives a crap about THESE PEOPLE BEIING HARMED...?

Certainly not the ILLEGALOCRATS...

victims-of-illegals.jpg

And a 30ft. wall with razor wire at the top (what the President wants) "won't work"? Riiiiiiight….

Hungary cites a MASSIVE DROP in illegal border crossings since they completed their barrier in late 2015.

Looks like Leftgoofyworld is the only place on the planet that effective barriers "don't work".

Hungary has claimed that its fences on the borders with Croatia and Serbia have helped to cut the inflow of migrants by 99.7 percent since 2015. The small inland nation now has one quarter of the length of its borders protected by a fence.

“The number of successful attempts to illegally cross the border fell from 391,000 in 2015 to 18,236 in 2016 and only 1,184 in 2017,” the Hungarian prime minister’s chief security advisor, Gyorgy Bakondi, told reporters at a press conference marking the second anniversary of the closure of the Hungarian-Serbian border on September 15.

https://www.rt.com/news/403738-hungary-border-fence-migrants/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fences work well when actively patrolled by armed guards. They do not work AT ALL when they are not patrolled.

Pretty simple concept, really.

There are facts being overlooked in your rejection of a particular news source. For example, you neither confirm nor deny the reported facts and say nothing to refute the claims.

Strandard DP Left procedure. It's like they all just heard about Alinsky last year.

Back
Top Bottom