• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hungarian court jails men for killing Roma families

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hungarian court jails men for killing Roma families | News | DW.DE | 06.08.2013

A Hungarian court has found four men guilty of murdering six Roma, including a child, during a racist killing spree. Three accused were given life terms without parole. Rights groups said the verdict was crucial.

A court in Budapest imposed long jail terms Tuesday on four men found guilty of perpetrating racist murders in 2008 and 2009 among Hungary's largest ethnic minority, Roma.

Child gunned down
In one attack, a Roma father and his five-year-old son were gunned down as they tried to flee their home. In another attack, a woman was shot in her sleep.
Five other people were left injured in the year-long spree.

Savages. Honestly. Be verbally abusive if you must be a racist. Be insulting. You know, don't make contacts with the race you're hating. Don't try and learn more about it to see if you're views were the result of reality or propaganda. That's ok if you keep it that way. You're a dirtbag but it's ok. however, the moment you stop the tongue lashing and start killing people, that's the moment you're done. You sunk to the bottom of the barrel and broke it and deserve no understanding or empathy or anything. You dug a hole and deserve to be thrown in it. Savages.

Read the rest of the article at the link.

Hungarian court jails men for killing Roma families | News | DW.DE | 06.08.2013

Savages. Honestly. Be verbally abusive if you must be a racist. Be insulting. You know, don't make contacts with the race you're hating. Don't try and learn more about it to see if you're views were the result of reality or propaganda. That's ok if you keep it that way. You're a dirtbag but it's ok. however, the moment you stop the tongue lashing and start killing people, that's the moment you're done. You sunk to the bottom of the barrel and broke it and deserve no understanding or empathy or anything. You dug a hole and deserve to be thrown in it. Savages.

Read the rest of the article at the link.

Justice is being served. The criminals have been convicted.

Justice is being served. The criminals have been convicted.

Dont be too sure.

While it is not official government policy to kill the Romani, there are policies to basically hunt them and drive them out of the country... even those that are Hungarian citizens.. well were since that they can now have that removed because they cant pass a "Hungarian" test.

Last time a court went against the ruling right wing government, then the whole court was disbanded and a new constitution was forced through guaranteeing that the right wing ruling party power forever and all judges replaced by loyalists... and that was the supreme court btw.

I would not be surprised one bit if these guys are not pardoned or freed on appeal when the international media has gone home.

Dont be too sure.

While it is not official government policy to kill the Romani, there are policies to basically hunt them and drive them out of the country... even those that are Hungarian citizens.. well were since that they can now have that removed because they cant pass a "Hungarian" test.

Last time a court went against the ruling right wing government, then the whole court was disbanded and a new constitution was forced through guaranteeing that the right wing ruling party power forever and all judges replaced by loyalists... and that was the supreme court btw.

I would not be surprised one bit if these guys are not pardoned or freed on appeal when the international media has gone home.

What has happened with Hungaria after its glory days as an empire with Austria? I fail to understand how it all went wrong?

What has happened with Hungaria after its glory days as an empire with Austria? I fail to understand how it all went wrong?

They were fooled into voting for a charismatic figure during an economic crisis, and then that charismatic figure threw basic human rights and the rule of law out the window once elected. Not the first time we have seen that..

Dont be too sure.

You're making it sound like they're planning a state-sponsored genocide. Stop being so dramatic. Nothing like that will happen. Hungary is in the toilet economically and the politicians are looking for any distractions they can have.

I know, I posted that story some time ago about how the parliament overruled all the rulings of the supreme court in the prior year and all those other things. But this is not a ethnic cleansing government. It's just a stupid one who is in way over its head and doens't know how to swim.

It picked a fight with the wrong people and eventually they stopped making their fortune from oppressing and exploiting Romanians in Transylvania and other historical regions.

You're making it sound like they're planning a state-sponsored genocide. Stop being so dramatic. Nothing like that will happen. Hungary is in the toilet economically and the politicians are looking for any distractions they can have.

I know, I posted that story some time ago about how the parliament overruled all the rulings of the supreme court in the prior year and all those other things. But this is not a ethnic cleansing government. It's just a stupid one who is in way over its head and doens't know how to swim.

I am not being dramatic.. what is happening in Hungary is very similar to what happened when Hitler got voted into power. The anti Romani laws and rules, "Hungarianism rules" for citizens and all that... very unsettling and one of the results of all this ultra nationalism is attacks like this. For now they were arrested and charged, but who is not to say that in the near future it will be the new SA doing the dirty deed on behalf of the state?

We so need a Hungarian here!

Calling some English speaking Hungarian!

Dear potential future Hungarian unofficial representative to Debate Politics.

You are more than welcome to provide your input. We welcome free speech in these forums. We will have a great time here just talking about politics, science, philosophy, history, leisure activities, and a lot more.

So do not hesitate and rush in here as soon as you can :)

I am not being dramatic.. what is happening in Hungary is very similar to what happened when Hitler got voted into power. The anti Romani laws and rules, "Hungarianism rules" for citizens and all that... very unsettling and one of the results of all this ultra nationalism is attacks like this. For now they were arrested and charged, but who is not to say that in the near future it will be the new SA doing the dirty deed on behalf of the state?

No it's not. for one, this party has no good economic policy or powerful military policy which Hitler had. This anti-gypsy (stop calling them romani) propaganda and the superficial, propaganda-enforcing laws that follow it, is just a distraction, rhetoric. They aren't planning anything you're worried about. It's just an exaggeration on your part.

Sure the gypsies may find it harder to fit in and may become more isolated, so what of it. They already live in isolated, enclaved communities and have never had any desire to integrate into the dominant culture. That's why for over the 800 or so years since they came to Europe they still remained themselves and haven't adapted.

Back
Top Bottom