• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hundreds of Thousands Of Citizens Fleeing California As Governor Begs Floridians To Relocate So They Can Be Taxed

SkyChief

USN Veteran
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The U.S. Census Bureau reported that 343,230 people fled California this year.

Governor Newsom begged people to stay, but even democrats are fed up with the ridiculously high taxes (California has the highest aggregate taxes in the nation) and rampant crime. Governor Newsom went so far as to ask Floridians to relocate to California for "freedom"! LOL :LOL:

“Freedom, it’s under attack in your state. Republican leaders, they’re banning books, making it harder to vote, restricting speech in classrooms, even criminalizing women and doctors. . . I urge all of you living in Florida to join the fight. Or join us in California, where we still believe in freedom - - freedom of speech, freedom to choose, freedom from hate and the freedom to love.”

I wonder if any Floridians actually bought that freedom crap. 🤔

Anyways, many California businesses are pulling up stakes and moving to more business-friendly states like Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. . . . Due to failed governance, doing business is tough in California - especially for smaller businesses who are forced to jump through costly hoops.

Red states saw an influx of people while the Big Blue states saw mass exodus.

Florida gained 318,855 people, Texas gained 230,961, and North Carolina gained 99,796 people.

Meanwhile, California LOST 343,230, New York lost 299,557, and Illinois lost 141,656.

The reasons for the flight from blue states and influx to red states should be obvious to any taxpayer/property owner.

Population growth/decline data source: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2022/2022-population-estimates.html

Or, you know, he could always fix the tax code. But that would require -effort!- :p

Governor Newsom begged people to stay, but even democrats are fed up with the ridiculously high taxes (California has the highest aggregate taxes in the nation) and rampant crime. Governor Newsom went so far as to ask Floridians to relocate to California for "freedom"! LOL :LOL:

“Freedom, it’s under attack in your state. Republican leaders, they’re banning books, making it harder to vote, restricting speech in classrooms, even criminalizing women and doctors. . . I urge all of you living in Florida to join the fight. Or join us in California, where we still believe in freedom - - freedom of speech, freedom to choose, freedom from hate and the freedom to love.”

Anyways, many California businesses are pulling up stakes and moving to more business-friendly states like Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. . . . Due to failed governance, doing business is tough in California - especially for smaller businesses who are forced to jump through costly hoops.

Florida gained 318,855 people, Texas gained 230,961, and North Carolina gained 99,796 people.

Meanwhile, California LOST 343,230, New York lost 299,557, and Illinois lost 141,656.

The reasons for the flight from blue states and influx to red states should be obvious to any taxpayer/property owner.

Population growth/decline data source: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2022/2022-population-estimates.html
That's just another way to move Republican leaning States to Democrat leaning.

Trumpists love to brag about this until their Trumpy candidates start losing, then they scream fraud.

"Fled"????

Lol
LOL

Fled is the past tense of flee. Here's what the word flee means:

[flē]
verb
run away from a place or situation of danger:

People are fleeing blue states to escape high taxes and high crime. They are fleeing.

The word was used correctly.

LOL. Your questioning the use of the term reveals a profound lack of understanding on your part.

LOL

[flē]
verb

People are fleeing blue states to escape high taxes and high crime. They are fleeing.

LOL. Your questioning the use of the term reveals a profound lack of understanding on your part.

People are fleeing West Virginia at a much higher rate than California. Interesting how you would leave that out and focus on a blue state.

LOL

[flē]
verb

No "flee" or "fled" isn't the right word.

It's hyperbolic garbage.

You need to go to real journalism, not the crap you always use in place of it.

CA only lost 100.000 people last year though.

350.000 left the state, but CA had 100.000 more births than deaths and 150.000 more international legal immigrants came than left. Besides, illegals also came to CA, so the state might have had no population decline at all.

Besides, I would rather pay higher taxes in CA and get some services, than live in a fascist Republican shithole of a swamp like Florida ...

CA only lost 100.000 people last year though.

350.000 left the state, but CA had 100.000 more births than deaths and 150.000 more international legal immigrants came than left. Besides, illegals also came to CA, so the state might have had no population decline at all.

Besides, I would rather pay higher taxes in CA and get some services, than live in a fascist Republican shithole of a swamp like Florida ...
The point is that California's Tax Base is dwindling. Illegal immigrants are pouring in at record levels, but most will not be paying Income or Property Taxes, so they are considered a liability - not an asset.

Even governor Newsom conceded that the hordes of immigrants flooding into California are a "burden", and "budgetary pressures" are mounting:

“The federal government is sending more and more flights, and more and more buses directly here to California because this state is doing what no other state’s doing and that’s absorbing and protecting and preserving our values and advancing them by doing health care screenings, and taking care of folks, and the more we do, the burden is placed disproportionately on us. We’re already at capacity and nine of our sites. We can’t continue to fund all of these sites because of the budgetary pressures now being placed on this state and the offsetting issues that I have to address.”

California is in a hard decline in the Tax Base, and that means that taxes will need to go even higher on the few of us who remain. . . which of course will cause even more to flee. . . .

The point is that California's Tax Base is dwindling. Illegal immigrants are pouring in at record levels, but most will not be paying Income or Property Taxes, so they are considered a liability - not an asset . . .

California is in a hard decline in the Tax Base, and that means that taxes will need to go even higher on the few of us who remain. . . which of course will cause even more to flee. . . .
Well we Californians have voted before to increase our state income taxes.

California has a population of 39.2M and there’s a net outflow of 343,230 people — a loss of less than 1%.

Not what most would call mass flight.
And ima say that losing that percentage will measurably improve quality of life in the state.

Great news!

The point is that California's Tax Base is dwindling. Illegal immigrants are pouring in at record levels, but most will not be paying Income or Property Taxes, so they are considered a liability - not an asset.

Well, that's wrong, because they are definitely an asset. If they are working, then they are being productive members of society, i.e. an asset. If they are not paying income taxes, then they are reducing the amount of money going to the state, and that them even more of an asset.

California has a population of 39.2M and there’s a net outflow of 343,230 people — a loss of less than 1%.

That also assumes that the state has zero people moving in which is rather unlikely.

Definition of mass flight aside, if you have the best wages and biggest economy in the country that is a massive loss, you should be attracting millions from around the country.

I moved to California two years ago and I make a lot of money and there’s many wonderful things to see here, but the crime is a problem and the fact the ruling regime prioritizes criminals over tax paying citizens is a massive stressor, especially when I moved from a state with zero income tax to a state with pretty high income taxes

That's just another way to move Republican leaning States to Democrat leaning.
I dunno, I think most of the people leaving in recent years are not democrats, or at least not full leftists

Well, that's wrong, because they are definitely an asset. If they are working, then they are being productive members of society, i.e. an asset. If they are not paying income taxes, then they are reducing the amount of money going to the state, and that them even more of an asset.
Merely working doesn’t make you an asset, many people who work collect more welfare and more tax refunds than they pay

People are fleeing West Virginia at a much higher rate than California. Interesting how you would leave that out and focus on a blue state.
The difference is, West Virginia is losing population because of government destroying their base of economy as a form of punishment to non leftist voters

Mass flight? At my employment that would be less than 1person leaving per year (70 employees)

Working means you are producing more than you consume,
No, it merely means you are expending labor
and therefore makes you an asset.
No, it doesn’t
Welfare is just another problem of government.
🙄
Yes, that's called wealth redistribution, which is something that creep you chose for an avatar luved:

Long was right, and many of his ideas were launched by Roosevelt as the second new deal, which made America the worlds super power

Back
Top Bottom