• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hundreds of Russian troops evacuate Chernobyl with 'acute radiation sickness'

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hundreds of Russian soldiers were evacuated from Ukraine's Chernobyl nuclear facility with "acute radiation sickness," according to a report.

The defunct nuclear plant was captured by Russian forces within the first day of the invasion, Pentagon officials said.

The soldiers stationed at Chernobyl reported they were "irradiated" and have since been taken to a Belarus medical facility, according to an employee at the Public Council at the State Agency of Ukraine for Exclusion Zone Management.

The Russian cluster **** continues.

I wonder what the level of morale in the Russian army is right now.

Newsweek:

Although Yemelianenko didn't say it in his post, Ukrainian and Western reports are suggesting that the soldiers are suffering from "acute radiation syndrome."
Environmental data group Safecast said that based on its data, Russian forces may have been "reckless, and could get notable radiation exposure in the Red Forest," but that there was "not enough for Acute Radiation Sickness."

Mark Nelson, founder of the Radiant Energy Fund, an adviser on nuclear energy, told Newsweek that 36 years of isotope decay meant that disturbing the soil might increase the radiation exposure of the occupying soldiers, but that
"it is not plausible that it would lead to mass acute radiation sickness."

IAEA
has not yet commented, and they are in country, according to reports I read last week.

I am relieved to read this.

Newsweek:

Although Yemelianenko didn't say it in his post, Ukrainian and Western reports are suggesting that the soldiers are suffering from "acute radiation syndrome."
Environmental data group Safecast said that based on its data, Russian forces may have been "reckless, and could get notable radiation exposure in the Red Forest," but that there was "not enough for Acute Radiation Sickness."

Mark Nelson, founder of the Radiant Energy Fund, an adviser on nuclear energy, told Newsweek that 36 years of isotope decay meant that disturbing the soil might increase the radiation exposure of the occupying soldiers, but that
"it is not plausible that it would lead to mass acute radiation sickness."

IAEA
has not yet commented, and they are in country, according to reports I read last week.

I am relieved to read this.
They will still suffer from short-term to even long-term health issues because of this negligence.

They will still suffer from short-term to even long-term health issues because of this negligence.
I never understood why they felt the need to go through there to begin with. Obviously the main highway doesn't go through the contaminated zone, so why didn't they go around?

I never understood why they felt the need to go through there to begin with.
Same here. I guess they were just feeling the need to be stupid.

Back
Top Bottom