• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hundreds of Migrants Cross Arizona Border after ‘Several Busloads’ Dropped Off in Mexico

CitizenBasehead

sock puppet
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://fox40.com/2019/01/28/hundreds-of-migrants-cross-arizona-border-after-several-busloads-dropped-off-in-mexico/

In the early morning hours Thursday, several busloads of migrants were dropped off on Highway 2 in Mexico, just south of the Arizona border. “They walked about 100 yards, climbed under and over the vehicle barrier that is the only infrastructure in that area and agents were called in to make the arrest,” said acting Tucson Border Patrol Chief Jeffrey Self. In total, 242 people — mostly families from Guatemala — were arrested when Border Patrol agents arrived at the scene after the migrants were detected by a mobile surveillance system.

Earlier this month, Border Patrol agents stationed in the Yuma, Arizona, sector took around 375 migrants into custody after they had made it into the United States. Last week, a group of 306 migrants were taken into custody in a remote part of New Mexico near the border. In Arizona earlier this month, agents encountered a group of 85 Central Americans after they arrived by bus and illegally entered the country in the same general area of Thursday’s crossing. In December, Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan raised concerns that a new trend was emerging of very large groups of migrants arriving at the southern border by bus and unloading in remote areas. “So far in this fiscal year, and this has been a brand-new phenomenon this fiscal year, we have started to see extremely large groups arrive together several times, usually once or twice a week since about mid-October,” said McAleenan in December.

The trend appears to be continuing into the new year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Large groups of illegal immigrants showing up by bus, to bum rush the border, is a new trend in illegal border crossing that has been gaining popularity since October of last year.

Many would say building a wall would deter these crossings. Due to the fact that large groups of people need large gaps in the border to cross all once. Allowing them to maintain the group and momentum.

Then there are others, who will point out that it was the security system that identified this last group and there is no way the groups will ever grow larger or scatter when the border patrol shows up...

What say you fine citizens?

https://fox40.com/2019/01/28/hundreds-of-migrants-cross-arizona-border-after-several-busloads-dropped-off-in-mexico/

In the early morning hours Thursday, several busloads of migrants were dropped off on Highway 2 in Mexico, just south of the Arizona border. “They walked about 100 yards, climbed under and over the vehicle barrier that is the only infrastructure in that area and agents were called in to make the arrest,” said acting Tucson Border Patrol Chief Jeffrey Self. In total, 242 people — mostly families from Guatemala — were arrested when Border Patrol agents arrived at the scene after the migrants were detected by a mobile surveillance system.

Earlier this month, Border Patrol agents stationed in the Yuma, Arizona, sector took around 375 migrants into custody after they had made it into the United States. Last week, a group of 306 migrants were taken into custody in a remote part of New Mexico near the border. In Arizona earlier this month, agents encountered a group of 85 Central Americans after they arrived by bus and illegally entered the country in the same general area of Thursday’s crossing. In December, Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan raised concerns that a new trend was emerging of very large groups of migrants arriving at the southern border by bus and unloading in remote areas. “So far in this fiscal year, and this has been a brand-new phenomenon this fiscal year, we have started to see extremely large groups arrive together several times, usually once or twice a week since about mid-October,” said McAleenan in December.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Large groups of illegal immigrants showing up by bus, to bum rush the border, is a new trend in illegal border crossing that has been gaining popularity since October of last year.

Many would say building a wall would deter these crossings. Due to the fact that large groups of people need large gaps in the border to cross all once. Allowing them to maintain the group and momentum.

Then there are others, who will point out that it was the security system that identified this last group and there is no way the groups will ever grow larger or scatter when the border patrol shows up...

Seeing as it's turned out to be cheaper than they originally declared. I'd say go ahead and build the wall.
It'll at least help deter some of the floor, not all. But that isn't what the wall was for in the fist place anyway.

Seeing as it's turned out to be cheaper than they originally declared. I'd say go ahead and build the wall.
It'll at least help deter some of the floor, not all. But that isn't what the wall was for in the fist place anyway.

Will it be as effective as this one:

Or this one:

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...tunnels-border-wall-arizona/story?id=60462672

The large group of immigrants you refer to --see bolded-- crossed into the US by digging under the type of wall many say would deter these crossings. Here is a picture of the large gap in the border you say such large groups need to cross into the US

border-tunnel-ho-mo-20190118_hpEmbed_4x3_992.jpg

That's why they have to install Perimeter Detection Sensors along with the wall and add it to existing border.

There's no concrete footing, what's your point? This is why we want wall Trump purposed.

That was terrible, you people need to try harder.

Maybe instead of spending untold amounts of money to build a wall that's not going to deter people, we can seriously crack down on the reasons people are coming here - the jobs and the benefits. Then once we get that under control we can reevaluate the border situation and see if more barriers, not a wall, are still needed.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...tunnels-border-wall-arizona/story?id=60462672

The large group of immigrants you refer to --see bolded-- crossed into the US by digging under the type of wall many say would deter these crossings. Here is a picture of the large gap in the border you say such large groups need to cross into the US

That's not a large enough gap to allow people to bum-rush the border.

Installing Perimeter Detection Sensors, along with Motion Detectors would render this method of illegal border crossing pointless.

There are no concrete footings, what's your point?

Bro, please try harder.

Maybe instead of spending untold amounts of money to build a wall that's not going to deter people, we can seriously crack down on the reasons people are coming here - the jobs and the benefits. Then once we get that under control we can reevaluate the border situation and see if more barriers, not a wall, are still needed.

why even do that. just automatically deport them back. if i break the law i go to jail or get a ticket or whatever it is.
these people are breaking the law and have been taught to scream asylum. it is getting old and abused and frankly
the only way to do it is to permanently close the border down.

this is a cause of the moronic liberals parties in this country and obama and his everyone welcome to come here message.
it started with him and it continues to this day.

these people think they are going to get amnesty. it is moronic that we allow this to happen.
which is why they continue to come here.

until you can stop the flood coming there is little to do about anything else.

Maybe instead of spending untold amounts of money to build a wall that's not going to deter people

It will, your lying.

we can seriously crack down on the reasons people are coming here - the jobs and the benefits.

The reason these people are coming here, is the countries they come from are 3rd world ****holes and they're lead by incompetent retards that can't take care of their people.

Then once we get that under control we can reevaluate the border situation and see if more barriers, not a wall, are still needed.

It is needed. Border patrol agents want the wall and their opinions are the only ones that are valuable on the subject.

why even do that. just automatically deport them back. if i break the law i go to jail or get a ticket or whatever it is.
these people are breaking the law and have been taught to scream asylum. it is getting old and abused and frankly
the only way to do it is to permanently close the border down.

this is a cause of the moronic liberals parties in this country and obama and his everyone welcome to come here message.
it started with him and it continues to this day.

these people think they are going to get amnesty. it is moronic that we allow this to happen.
which is why they continue to come here.

until you can stop the flood coming there is little to do about anything else.

I don't believe that. I know a lot of people who are not quite legally here in this country and I know why they come here and why they stay. They come here because they know they can get work and live a much more modern and good life. They stay here because they find out it's pretty damn good here and once they have kids that they don't have to pay for, they can also get even more benefits. I don't think a wall is a good logical first step and it's all just for show.

It will, your lying.

The reason these people are coming here, is the countries they come from are 3rd world ****holes and they're lead by incompetent retards that can't take care of their people.

It is needed. Border patrol agents want the wall and their opinions are the only ones that are valuable on the subject.

How can you guarantee me 100% that I am lying and it will not deter anyone considering the current barriers don't and we don't have the resources or money to full enclose the southern border. I'm not even going to get into the fact that we would need to steal American homeowner's land! Do you not think people should have the right to their own land?

Guess what? We're lead by incompetent assholes who if they really gave a damn would fine all those employers instead of getting money from them to look the other way.

How can you guarantee me 100% that I am lying and it will not deter anyone considering the current barriers don't and we don't have the resources or money to full enclose the southern border.

Ever since MSM idiots started conflating incorrect statements, misquotes and gaffs with lies. The word has lost all meaning, just like "racist".

So I use "lie" in the same context as MSM retards do.

If I hear something I don't like; It's all lies!
If I hear something I don't like, from a person I dislike; They are a racist liar.

I'm not even going to get into the fact that we would need to steal American homeowner's land! Do you not think people should have the right to their own land?

Womp Womp

The same thing has happened to a lot of people in California over the states retarded projects.

Guess what? We're lead by incompetent assholes who if they really gave a damn would fine all those employers instead of getting money from them to look the other way.

If they really gave a damn, they would of put up a wall in the early 90's.

That's not a large enough gap to allow people to bum-rush the border.

It allowed 376 immigrants to get through

Last time I looked, bum-rushing is not an emergency
Installing Perimeter Detection Sensors, along with Motion Detectors would render this method of illegal border crossing pointless.

There are no concrete footings, what's your point?

Bro, please try harder.

My point is that medieval technology and Trumps ego will not stop people with shovels and ladders

It allowed 376 immigrants to get through

Because they were unnoticed, try to keep up.

Last time I looked, bum-rushing is not an emergency

If enough people do it, then it will be.

My point is that medieval technology and Trumps ego will not stop people with shovels and ladders

How is Perimeter Detection Sensors, Motion Detectors, security cameras and modern engineering considered medieval technology?

The point you're trying to make is ****ing retarded.

C'mon bro you have to do better then this.

Because they were unnoticed, try to keep up.

If enough people do it, then it will be.

How is Perimeter Detection Sensors, Motion Detectors, security cameras and modern engineering considered medieval technology?

The point you're trying to make is ****ing retarded.

C'mon bro you have to do better then this.

tl;dr

Its not cheaper. Cost is only part of the issue though. Its a bad idea no matter who was going to pay for it.

Will it be as effective as this one:

Or this one:

Don't know and there isn't really any way of knowing unless we try. Seeing as our budget projection will only be cut into by a mere 1%, or even less for this wall. I'm willing to give it a try.
Hungary, France, Norway and even Saudi Arabia have constructed their own walls. With their own results piling up from doing so, so I really don't think it's that bad of an idea. As the wall was never meant to completely stop illegal immigration. It was only meant to help slow the stream of illegal immigrants that come into the country, down to a more manageable number.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom