• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hundreds of dead people discovered to be voting in Southern California

Voting ID laws stopping this is assuming people are going in to vote pretending to be dead people just to vote for them. I doubt that is how the majority of these dead votes are coming in as.

Virtually none of them are actually "dead votes."

Essentially all of them are:

1) Person with same name voting legally. (often son of deceased, "jr" not being a distinction made by these database queries)
2) Person with similar name voting legally. (i.e. Jon Smith and John Smith)
3) Deceased person legally voting via absentee but dying before, or on, election day
4) Clerical error

Actual Fraudulent Votes are incredibly rare. And most of them wouldn't be prevented by voter ID laws, because they occur via absentee ballot. For some reason, conservatives aren't wanting to crack down on absentee ballots and their security. Coincidentally, I assume, absentee ballots lean R.

But for most right-wingers, the facts were never important.

:shrug: I think I've always had to pay for my Drivers' License.

If people are in those offices, then they already have ID. When Alabama did it, for example, the ID's were available at the same office where you had to register to vote in the first place, which was also the DMV. Having (at most) to walk up to a different station in the same building that you are already in strikes me as a pretty low burden.

I would offer this:

Have stations at poll locations staffed and equipped to issue a valid, free ID on election day. Everything is on-site and ready, so no need for extra trips.

Bam. All of my objections with voter ID laws are gone.

Of course there will always be voter fraud, no way to completely eliminate it. The question is is 86 dead registered republicans and 146 dead registered democrats going to swing any elections in SoCal? Sounds like they have a solution to the problem at any rate cross-reference voting records with the state's death records. Should be easy enough for the state to send death certificates to the county on record so the names can be removed from the voting roles.

This is just the voter fraud that we know about . A random reporter at a radio station was able to uncover 200 instances, which tells me that there's probably much more going undetected.

The push is on to grant voting rights to illegal immigrants, especially here in California with the "surrogate voter" crap that's going on. If amnesty is ever achieved, we may have 30-40 million new voters , guess who they'll be voting for?

I would offer this:

Have stations at poll locations staffed and equipped to issue a valid, free ID on election day. Everything is on-site and ready, so no need for extra trips.

ID costs $26 in California. You gonna give yet another freebie away to buy votes? How progressive.

I would offer this:

If necessary, but that opens you up to charges of endless delay, people can't vote because of multiple lines, parking, etc.

Better to issue a voting ID prior to, and make its issuance additionally contingent on passing the citizenship exam, imo.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Virtually none of them are actually "dead votes."

Essentially all of them are:

1) Person with same name voting legally. (often son of deceased, "jr" not being a distinction made by these database queries)
2) Person with similar name voting legally. (i.e. Jon Smith and John Smith)
3) Deceased person legally voting via absentee but dying before, or on, election day
4) Clerical error

Actual Fraudulent Votes are incredibly rare. And most of them wouldn't be prevented by voter ID laws, because they occur via absentee ballot. For some reason, conservatives aren't wanting to crack down on absentee ballots and their security. Coincidentally, I assume, absentee ballots lean R.

But for most right-wingers, the facts were never important.

Zactly. This crap gets raked up every election, to only find out later, <<sads>> it was all just a bunch of hyped up bull ****.

This is just the voter fraud that we know about . A random reporter at a radio station was able to uncover 200 instances, which tells me that there's probably much more going undetected.

The push is on to grant voting rights to illegal immigrants, especially here in California with the "surrogate voter" crap that's going on. If amnesty is ever achieved, we may have 30-40 million new voters , guess who they'll be voting for?

Incorrect. A random reporter did not uncover over 200 instances of voter fraud.

A random reporter uncovered over 200 names in a database matching names of people who were dead. It's important to understand that this isn't the same thing as 200 instances of fraud.

ID costs $26 in California. You gonna give yet another freebie away to buy votes? How progressive.

You gonna throw away the constitution over $26?

Nope. No voter fraud. And it's mean, racist and hateful to ask them to produce ID when they do vote.

I do wonder why it's only requiring ID to vote that offends mant lefties. Afterall, wouldn't that very same hideous oppression be the same for any activity requiring ID? Do they oppose needing a valid ID to buy a gun?

I'm not against ID's to vote, but I'm not going to delude myself thinking reducing voter fraud is the real reason behind the push for IDs.

And I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that the people who want IDs to vote (like we have IDs to do many other things) are racists, as the media and liberals would like me to believe.

And I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that the people who want IDs to vote (like we have IDs to do many other things) are racists, as the media and liberals would like me to believe.

Nope I'd agree, it's not racist, it's purely about party advantage on both sides of the issue.

Are you in favor of allowing illegal immigrants to vote?

Poll taxes are unconstitutional. You thought people should have to pay $26 to get an ID necessary to vote.

Therefore, you were supporting poll taxes and breaking the constitution.

What if we just paid people $26 to vote? Think people would show up for the freebie?

No one is saying that, if the ID is given for free the only benefit anyone gets is the ability to vote, that is not a freebie, they are not getting any other benefit out of it.

Poll taxes are unconstitutional. You thought people should have to pay $26 to get an ID necessary to vote.

Therefore, you were supporting poll taxes and breaking the constitution.

State issued IDs are not a poll tax. You need one to get a job, open a bank account, etc.

We're only talking about making people show ID at voting polls because of the fact that citizenship has been weakened and cheapened by 30 years of unbridled illegal immigration.

Your side has created the problem, and now you're complaining about what you've created.

No one is saying that, if the ID is given for free the only benefit anyone gets is the ability to vote, that is not a freebie, they are not getting any other benefit out of it.

Yes they are, they are getting a $26 ID card for free. It'd be the same if you gave away free gift certificates for $26 to spend at the DMV.

In California, you need state issued identification for a number of things, like renting an apartment, buying a car, etc. The state has put a $26 fee on that item. You are not allowed to pay people to vote, either with money or gifts. The state also has a program for low income people to get a portion of the fee waved. So if you're worried about Hillary Clinton not getting the projects to turn out and vote for her, tell them that there is a fee adjustment.

State issued IDs are not a poll tax. You need one to get a job, open a bank account, etc.

We're only talking about making people show ID at voting polls because of the fact that citizenship has been weakened and cheapened by 30 years of unbridled illegal immigration.

Your side has created the problem, and now you're complaining about what you've created.

You're the one complaining.

Courts agree with me, not you.

And it's comical that you think "my side" invented voter fraud. It's also comical that you think illegal immigrants are the voter fraud threat.

Look who always throws a tantrum, it's you guys. Remember Albuquerque about 3 days ago? People waving Mexican flags and behaving like spoiled 3 year olds?

And who is complaining?

People can act like jerks, and people can complain about it, but if a complainer complains about people lodging a complaint, what does that mean?

It's hypocrisy.

Look who always throws a tantrum, it's you guys. Remember Albuquerque about 3 days ago? People waving Mexican flags and behaving like spoiled 3 year olds?

Perhaps I should give you the heads-up. I don't have a problem when people complain. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom