• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Humanism

We live in an imperfect world ruled by Satan the Devil...

"the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." 1 John 5:19
This is exactly what the Christian Religious does, they who believe end up, as they age, despising the world they live in and ache for an afterlife.

For me its just the opposite, I love the world I live in with all of its ups and downs, aches and pains as I age ..I savor life in the here and now.

For that reason alone I reject the Christian Religion.

You’re interpreting hell as a literal place of existence. There is no existence in death. Even so our lives are based upon choices and the consequences (both good and bad) of the choices we make. You would prefer a life without choice?
False dichotomy fallacy. Rejected.

Ahh, no. It's a difference in interpretation. Nice try though.
Your interpretation requires the only other option to be "free will doesn't exist."

Your interpretation requires the only other option to be "free will doesn't exist."
I wasn't talking about free will. The subject was about the existence of "hell".

Humanism is one of the milder religions.

I wasn't talking about free will. The subject was about the existence of "hell".

Ok so when you said "life without a choice" you meant something metaphorical.

Ok so when you said "life without a choice" you meant something metaphorical.
I meant that if hell was just an eternal state of death, which all some day will die (rather you want to or not) then the only real choice you have is eternal life. Death/hell is not a place of eternal torment. It's only figuratively used to contrast it with eternal life. One which has no torment.

I meant that if hell was just an eternal state of death, which all some day will die (rather you want to or not) then the only real choice you have is eternal life. Death/hell is not a place of eternal torment. It's only figuratively used to contrast it with eternal life. One which has no torment.

And is only available based on preconditions of worshiping a genocidal being, yes.

And is only available based on preconditions of worshiping a genocidal being, yes.
You're going to die someday. It's part of the natural state of being. As the story goes, Adam had access to the "tree of life" when he was in Paradise. Idk, what that "tree" was/is but whatever it is is what allowed Adam the option of living forever. He chose to forfeit it and to block him from partaking of its fruit he was removed from Paradise. As the story goes, if he was still able to partake of it he could never have been redeemed from his spiritual death. A death he chose.

Now, not all have been required to "worship" God. They shall be judged on their "good works." This makes God a "Just" God. One that desires no one to perish for all of eternity. Does He desire "worship"? Sure, but He doesn't need it.

You're going to die someday. It's part of the natural state of being. As the story goes, Adam had access to the "tree of life" when he was in Paradise. Idk, what that "tree" was/is but whatever it is is what allowed Adam the option of living forever. He chose to forfeit it and to block him from partaking of its fruit he was removed from Paradise. As the story goes, if he was still able to partake of it he could never have been redeemed from his spiritual death. A death he chose.

Now, not all have been required to "worship" God. They shall be judged on their "good works." This makes God a "Just" God. One that desires no one to perish for all of eternity. Does He desire "worship"? Sure, but He doesn't need it.

Well the Christians would tell you I have to accept Jesus Christ into my heart. Others disagree. How do I know the correct book?

Well the Christians would tell you I have to accept Jesus Christ into my heart. Others disagree. How do I know the correct book?
Acceptance of Christ allows you to be judged through him. He's our sacrificial lamb. Without him you will be judged solely by your "works". Imo, if you've lived a "good life" you will be resurrected among those who are "just". I'm not qualified to determine who that might be. I'm sure many of my Christian family will disagree with me, but if I'm wrong I can live with it.

Acceptance of Christ allows you to be judged through him. He's our sacrificial lamb. Without him you will be judged solely by your "works". Imo, if you've lived a "good life" you will be resurrected among those who are "just". I'm not qualified to determine who that might be. I'm sure many of my Christian family will disagree with me, but if I'm wrong I can live with it.

Myth.

Well, I'm already a decent person so there's no problem then. I can continue being an atheist and I'll be fine.

Well, I'm already a decent person so there's no problem then. I can continue being an atheist and I'll be fine.
I would say so. I've seen plenty of atheists that are better people than Christians. I'm sad to admit that but I see it. But I'm not the judge of how good of a person you are. I'm sure you think you are.

". . . that are better people than Christians."

Clarification: ". . . some Christians."

We live in an imperfect world ruled by Satan the Devil...

"the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." 1 John 5:19
Satan is nothing more than some guy living in his father's basement.

Satan is nothing more than some guy living in his father's basement.
That might be true but then we are sharing that basement with him. And he doesn't like sharing.

Back
Top Bottom