• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Humanism Theme Song

For me, it’s the collective knowledge that humans have accrued over the generations.

Rate us...how are we doin'?:2razz:

For me, it’s the collective knowledge that humans have accrued over the generations.

Good answer. Gods do not fit into the category of knowledge.

Rate us...how are we doin'?:2razz:
Well, at the moment, I would say things aren’t as rosy as they once were. However, still lots of hope in the world. We aren’t headed for Armageddon just yet.

Well, at the moment, I would say things aren’t as rosy as they once were. However, still lots of hope in the world. We aren’t headed for Armageddon just yet.

Now, be honest...do you really believe that?

Am I concerned? Yes, for sure. Very concerned. Honestly though, yes, I truly believe we will get through all of this. Compared to the Black Death, Mongols, and the Ice Capades - this isn’t all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post

"lol...so if this is humanism, why hasn't it been accomplished yet? We've had 1,000's of years and still, the world is worse than ever..."

And we've had 2000 years of Christianity, and all it has brought us is pestilence and war, so "you should talk".

why should any one not? worried about a nuclear exchange a bio weapon or out of control nanobots or ai or something?

Because faith is natural to man. If I thought like you, my mind would have been terribly corrupted somehow along the way. Why that didn't happen in such a way, God only knows. I'm just grateful.

any time now

Humanism Theme Song

Does anyone know the date of the next JW end of the world prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post

"lol...so if this is humanism, why hasn't it been accomplished yet? We've had 1,000's of years and still, the world is worse than ever..."

And we've had 2000 years of Christianity, and all it has brought us is pestilence and war, so "you should talk".

And hospitals, and universities, and Western civilization....

Am I concerned? Yes, for sure. Very concerned. Honestly though, yes, I truly believe we will get through all of this. Compared to the Black Death, Mongols, and the Ice Capades - this isn’t all that bad.

You had me at Black Death and the Mongols, you didn't need to pile the Ice Capades on...

Re: what Christianity gave us

And hospitals, and universities, and Western civilization....

Nah- that’s all from the pagan Greeks and Romans. Christianity just brought us a 1000 years of the dark ages- something that we only got rid of when started putting religion aside and looking back again at Greco-Roman culture.

Back
Top Bottom