• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Humanism Theme Song

Faith is natural to man because it is founded in myth and superstition. And I’m just grateful that I can go through life without being dependent on those factors.

Faith is natural to man because we are created with an innate desire to worship our Creator...

“Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them....“Happy are those hungering and thirsting for righteousness, since they will be filled." Matthew 5:3,6

Faith is natural to man because it is founded in myth and superstition. And I’m just grateful that I can go through life without being dependent on those factors.

Same here, I shed the need for such primitive constructs in my early teens.

Same here, I shed the need for such primitive constructs in my early teens.

Yet, something keeps drawing you back here again and again, to talk about something you have shed...I don't get it...I shed politics years ago and have no desire to talk about something I've moved beyond...puzzling indeed...

Indeed, we are living in the best period of recorded history, indeed of all history to date. We are shedding superstition and ignorance and embracing science; we live longer than those of any other period, and many of us will never know war or hunger. As developing nations rise to meet the standards of the west, there will be even fewer individuals subject to privation and deprivation than ever before.

We are being dragged kicking and screaming into an age of reason, but we will get there.

The young get it...maybe you could see more clearly without those rose colored glasses...;)

Yet, something keeps drawing you back here again and again, to talk about something you have shed...I don't get it...I shed politics years ago and have no desire to talk about something I've moved beyond...puzzling indeed...

Ummm....the name of the forum is SKEPTICISM and Belief. We belong here. Get over it,

Oh grow up FFS! I have been a member of the Australian Skeptics Society for over 20 years and do note the name of this sub forum.

The young get it...maybe you could see more clearly without those rose colored glasses...

And maybe you could stop ****posting for a change. You've previously demonstrated your ignorance of history, so what would you know?

Oh grow up FFS! I have been a member of the Australian Skeptics Society for over 20 years and do note the name of this sub forum.

You still have not answered...what is your bizarre interest in something you claim to have no interest in?

You still have not answered...what is your bizarre interest in something you claim to have no interest in?

Er, I did. :roll: I am a member of a skeptics society and debunking conspiracy theories and religious twaddle is what we do.

Er, I did. :roll: I am a member of a skeptics society and debunking conspiracy theories and religious twaddle is what we do.

Yeah, right...:roll:

This is a cool version:

Faith is natural to man because we are created with an innate desire to worship our Creator...

“Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them....“Happy are those hungering and thirsting for righteousness, since they will be filled." Matthew 5:3,6

id like to have a chat with any gods if they exist but i dont want to worship them maybe some praise for stuff i like or find impressive though if i was made to like or be impressed then that just seems to be an ego trip on the part of the god and i might recommend it get some therapy

unlike the gods you exist and change the world

The young get it...maybe you could see more clearly without those rose colored glasses...;)

we have glasses now thats 1 improvement over most of humanity's history

odd any one would have eye trouble if a benevolent all powerful all knowing god was about

What is wrong with you? Why do you need to be such a jerk all the time?

people are mean to her some times because she believes silly and some times horrible things ...or because they believe mutually exclusive silly and or horrible things

And maybe you could stop ****posting for a change. You've previously demonstrated your ignorance of history, so what would you know?

Yes, I remember her WW1 started in 2014 remark. She claimed that it was a typo but it wasn't.

What is wrong with you? Why do you need to be such a jerk all the time?

She has no real arguments so she resorts to insults when painted into a corner.

She has no real arguments so she resorts to insults when painted into a corner.

I find it astounding that she consistently breaks the rules without redress while failing to contribute to the debate in any form that could be considered a constructive fashion.

people are mean to her some times because she believes silly and some times horrible things ...or because they believe mutually exclusive silly and or horrible things

Or unjustified conceit owing to her belief system generates a sense of superiority, therefore she can treat others like dirt with impunity simply because they don't follow the same belief system.

Last edited:
I find it astounding that she consistently breaks the rules without redress while failing to contribute to the debate in any form that could be considered a constructive fashion.

Or unjustified conceit owing to her belief system generates a sense of superiority, therefore she can treat others like dirt with impunity simply because they don't follow the same belief system.

Sounds as though you feel threatened by my posts...I suspect you're afraid the Bible could be true...

Sounds as though you feel threatened by my posts...I suspect you're afraid the Bible could be true...

i suspect what you want to believe is warping your perception of others dramatically

Back
Top Bottom