• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Human trafficking case against Saudi princess dropped

RDS

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
She got away with it scot-free.
(CNN) -- Prosecutors on Friday dropped human trafficking charges against a Saudi princess, saying a domestic servant living with her in Southern California was not being held against her will as previously alleged.
Meshael Alayban, 42, was charged in July after the 30-year-old woman alleged that, among other things, she wasn't free to leave Alayban's condominium in Irvine.
But an extensive investigation after Alayban's arrest determined that while the servant might have believed the allegations, the woman's movements weren't restrained and Alayban wasn't guilty, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas told reporters outside a courtroom after a judge dismissed the case Friday morning.
"The evidence indicates very strongly at this point that the (domestic servant) was not actually the victim of human trafficking, and so this case had to be dismissed," Rackauckas said.
Human trafficking case against Saudi princess dropped - CNN.com

Got away scott free because she was not doing thing illegal. The shame of it all. :doh:lamo:doh

That's your opinion. Good.

That's your opinion. Good.
That is the law (not being held accountable for a non existent crime), and it is good.

Got away scott free because she was not doing thing illegal. The shame of it all. :doh:lamo:doh

Saudi princesses are caught all the time here...shoplifting in Harrods..nothing ever happens..

As if they need to shoplift!!

Or is it the magic word ''Saudi??''

Saudi princesses are caught all the time here...shoplifting in Harrods..nothing ever happens..

As if they need to shoplift!!

Or is it the magic word ''Saudi??''
:doh
This isn't about Harrods, is it?

No it isn't..but Saudi's get away with murder..it's still a crime!!
Which has nothing to do with this thread.

In this case, the person was not engaged in illegal activity. Get over it.

You want to start a thread about Harrods', do so, otherwise it has nothing to do with this topic, as the person was not engaged in illegal activity.

Which has nothing to do with this thread.

You want to start a thread about Harrods', do so, otherwise it has nothing to do with this topic, as the person was not engaged in illegal activity.

The post wasn't about Harrods..it was just where the shoplifting crimes occurred..

Do you not think that imprisoning a person, making them work for you against their will is not an illegal activity??
Jeez..where do you live??

Repeat...Or is it the magic word ''Saudi??''

The post wasn't about Harrods..it was just where the shoplifting crimes occurred..

Do you not think that imprisoning a person, making them work for you against their will is not an illegal activity??
Jeez..where do you live??

Repeat...Or is it the magic word ''Saudi??''
Wtf?
Your replies have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Nothing.
Do you really not know that?

Prosecutors on Friday dropped human trafficking charges against a Saudi princess ...

You want to start a thread about Harrods' shoplifting, or Saudi's accused of Murder, or anything else besides the OP; Go start it.

None of that has anything to do with this person not being engaged in illegal activity.

Wtf?
Your replies have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Nothing.
Do you really not know that?

You want to start a thread about Harrods' shoplifting, or Saudi's accused of Murder, or anything else besides the OP; Go start it.

None of that has anything to do with this person not being engaged in illegal activity.

So why did this case find it's way to court??

It is well documented how Saudi's treat their workers!!

Good luck to her if she got away with it..she will have to be more careful in the future...

With money and oil the sky is the limit.

So why did this case find it's way to court??

It is well documented how Saudi's treat their workers!!

Good luck to her if she got away with it..she will have to be more careful in the future...
Holy ****!
What did she get away with?
She was found not to be violating the law so charges were dropped.
That is not getting away with anything.
Or do you really not know that?

Holy ****!
What did she get away with?
She was found not to be violating the law so charges were dropped.
That is not getting away with anything.
Or do you really not know that?

The law is an ass...maybe the ''servant'' was afraid for her general well-being??:cool:

The law is an ass...maybe the ''servant'' was afraid for her general well-being??:cool:

That is not what comes across in the article is it?

There was no human trafficking.

If you want to complain about Saudi's, find real issues to complain about and start the topics.
Otherwise; Case closed.

That is not what comes across in the article is it?

There was no human trafficking.

If you want to complain about Saudi's, find real issues to complain about and start the topics.
Otherwise; Case closed.

OK Excon..i give up...this is like pulling teeth!!

OK Excon..i give up...this is like pulling teeth!!
Then you shouldn't have had so many rotten teeth that could be pulled.

Then you shouldn't have had so many rotten teeth that could be pulled.

Give it up Excon..you are now milking nothing at all to death....

Got away with what, exactly? Do you consider all charges brought by the police/prosecutor to indicate guilt?

Money must have changed hands here. No better than a kangaroo court.

Give it up Excon..you are now milking nothing at all to death....
I am not milking anything like you are trying to do by going off topic in your previous replies.

But I am replying to what you say to me.
You see how that works?
You say something to me, and I reply. Will wonders never cease, eh?

Money must have changed hands here. No better than a kangaroo court.
Prove it, or admit charges were dropped for lack of a crime.

Prove it, or admit charges were dropped for lack of a crime.

They are your great ally. You can't be jailing a member of the Royal Family.

They are your great ally. You can't be jailing a member of the Royal Family.
As I thought.
No proof, just absurd assumptions.

I am not milking anything like you are trying to do by going off topic in your previous replies.

But I am replying to what you say to me.
You see how that works?
You say something to me, and I reply. Will wonders never cease, eh?

But you don't reply..you don't give your view...just keep quoting ''Saudi princess found innocent'' and rejoicing..

Anything else is de-railing the thread according to you..

Back
Top Bottom