• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

human rights ?[W:143:203]

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Tea Party: Impregnated Rape Victims Who Abort Should Be Jailed As Long As Their Rapist

tea party should change its name to tea dicky party

which human can be as barbarian and guilty as rapists ?

the ones who want to punish rape victims one more time!!!!!!!

what a shame

Rape is a horrifying crime that traumatizes over 60,000 women each year in America. It is estimated that 5% or more of these women become pregnant by their rapist. One can only imagine what a woman is going through when she learns that she is now carrying a totally unwanted pregnancy stemming from a traumatic event. Most women exercise their right to choose and get an abortion because they do not wish to go through nine months of additional torture to reward their rapist with a child that he may have custody rights to in an astounding 31 states. That means rapists can continue to stalk, harass, and torture their victims for many years after the initial rape occurred

But apparently the Tea Party sees things much differently, and outrageously so. Scottie Nell Hughes is the Director of the Tea Party News Network. And as an extreme conservative, she shares the same twisted views of anti-abortion fanatics. During a July 11th appearance on Viewpoint with John Fugelsang on Current TV, Hughes said that rape victims who end resulting pregnancies should be punished in the same manner as their rapists. In other words, prison. AND, they should serve the same amount of prison time.

Abortion should always be an option for rape victims. They should always have a choice. And taking that choice away makes Republicans and Tea Party members like Hughes no better than the rapists. In fact, it makes them worse because instead of protecting the rights and health of raped women, the GOP is choosing to protect the vile interests of the rapist.

l think some men ,some women never evolve !

iranians stone them to death ,such women want to put them into jail!

haha...in both cases it is women who are punished

in fact such barbarians should be put into jail!

conservatives should stop letting teenagers get pregnant at age 13 14 if they really care about children!

because this is not conservativism

this is brutality!

Read more: Tea Party: Impregnated Rape Victims Who Abort Should Be Jailed As Long As Their Rapist (VIDEO) -

Last edited:
Re: human rights ?

Robert Wilbur · Top Commenter
While I don't wish such a horrible fate on anyone, I think any one of these Tea Party and conservative women that espouse such woman-hating, pro-rape, anti-abortion views, would hold themselves to a different standard if they found themselves victims. If Scottie Hughes were a victim of such a crime, she would get an abortion if necessary, she would never consent to the rapist having custody over any of her children or indeed to him having any part of her life ever again, and she would CERTAINLY not submit to prison time to punish herself for getting raped. The "punish the other" conservative disease prevents its proponents from ever imagining themselves victims of their own hatred.

l agree

Last edited:

Let's say R v W was overturned, what would stop a woman from going to a doctor and claiming she was raped in order to get an abortion?

It would be very hard to prove otherwise.

Other than that, as a Conservative, I don't believe Tea Partiers or other Conservatives would be as stringent with rape victims. This chick is an anomaly.

Tea Party: Impregnated Rape Victims Who Abort Should Be Jailed As Long As Their Rapist

tea party should change its name to tea dicky party

which human can be as barbarian and guilty as rapists ?

the ones who want to punish rape victims one more time!!!!!!!

what a shame

Rape is a horrifying crime that traumatizes over 60,000 women each year in America. It is estimated that 5% or more of these women become pregnant by their rapist. One can only imagine what a woman is going through when she learns that she is now carrying a totally unwanted pregnancy stemming from a traumatic event. Most women exercise their right to choose and get an abortion because they do not wish to go through nine months of additional torture to reward their rapist with a child that he may have custody rights to in an astounding 31 states. That means rapists can continue to stalk, harass, and torture their victims for many years after the initial rape occurred

But apparently the Tea Party sees things much differently, and outrageously so. Scottie Nell Hughes is the Director of the Tea Party News Network. And as an extreme conservative, she shares the same twisted views of anti-abortion fanatics. During a July 11th appearance on Viewpoint with John Fugelsang on Current TV, Hughes said that rape victims who end resulting pregnancies should be punished in the same manner as their rapists. In other words, prison. AND, they should serve the same amount of prison time.

Abortion should always be an option for rape victims. They should always have a choice. And taking that choice away makes Republicans and Tea Party members like Hughes no better than the rapists. In fact, it makes them worse because instead of protecting the rights and health of raped women, the GOP is choosing to protect the vile interests of the rapist.

l think some men ,some women never evolve !

iranians stone them to death ,such women want to put them into jail!

haha...in both cases it is women who are punished

in fact such barbarians should be put into jail!

conservatives should stop letting teenagers get pregnant at age 13 14 if they really care about children!

because this is not conservativism

this is brutality!

Read more: Tea Party: Impregnated Rape Victims Who Abort Should Be Jailed As Long As Their Rapist (VIDEO) -

Oh, save your moral outrage. I stopped listening when I heard the question was, "If Roe v Wade were over-turned, and a woman was raped and found a doctor to perform that abortion..."

Just chalk it up to idiocy and move on.

If one believes that a fetus is a baby, that's the only moral stance one can take.

Edit: You want to be morally outraged about something? Be morally outraged that, in 31 states, a rapist has just as much right to a child carried to term as the mom. If that isn't the epitome of disrespect to women, I don't know what​ is.

Oh, save your moral outrage. I stopped listening when I heard the question was, "If Roe v Wade were over-turned, and a woman was raped and found a doctor to perform that abortion..."

If one believes that a fetus is a baby, that's the only moral stance one can take.

Edit: You want to be morally outraged about something? Be morally outraged that, in 31 states, a rapist has just as much right to a child carried to term as the mom. If that isn't the epitome of disrespect to women, I don't know what​ is.

We've had threads about that before, and it is absolutely disgusting.

That's absurd!

Murderers should be in prison for much longer than mere rapists.

Note to Medusa. ONE PERSON saying something stupid doesn't mean that ONE PERSON speaks for thousands of people who agree with her on other issues.

WTF? I never heard THAT before. SHEEESH

:shock:

Is he obligated to marry her or at least pay alimony? OMG, can't believe my eyes!

:shock:

Is he obligated to marry her or at least pay alimony? OMG, can't believe my eyes!

In the wake of Todd Akin's comments about pregnancy rarely resulting from "legitimate rape," lawyer Shauna Prewitt highlights a reality for women in that situation in a column on CNN: In a majority of states, attackers are afforded the same rights as other fathers.

Prewitt, herself a rape survivor who gave birth to a daughter as a result of her attack, explains that 31 states have no laws that bar rapists from seeking custody or visitation rights. For Prewitt that astounding fact is personal. Her rapist attempted to get custody of her daughter, "but thankfully I got lucky and his visitation rights were terminated," she said, according to a profile of her by The Am Law Daily's Brain Baxter. She added: "I'm not sure I would have made the decision I did had I known I might be tethered to my rapist for the rest of my life."

In a paper published in the The Georgetown Law Journal in 2010 — when the number of states without such laws were even greater — Prewitt argued that the absence "stems from the images and other societal rhetoric that depict the prototypical raped woman as hating her unborn child and as viewing her rape pregnancy as continuing her rape trauma." In her CNN piece, she blames it on "ignorance": Some believe that women don't raise children conceived from rape, others can't fathom a rapist wanting parental rights.
31 States Allow Rapists Custody and Visitation Rights - Esther Zuckerman - The Atlantic Wire

Imagine you’ve been raped. Given 1 out of 5 women experience rape in their lifetime, this is not a far reach. If you have the courage, you report the rape, and may undergo an uncomfortable physical and verbal examination. You are greatly admired for taking that step. Soon, you discover you are pregnant. Most states will aid a rape victim who seeks adoption or abortion, but the majority of states have no aid or laws to help the women who choose to keep the child of a rape. Even without help, you opt to have the baby. You find that some shame you for this decision, “Why would you want to keep it? Who does that? Wouldn’t the child remind you of the rape everyday?” You ignore them and move on with your life, only to find yourself in court of law, eight years later, fighting for the custody of your child with –your rapist.

I understand the man raped the mother, but doesn't the child have a right to their parent? Why should we simply deny a child their father because of past actions? Stupid questions I'm sure, but I would like any answers that someone wants to offer.

I understand the man raped the mother, but doesn't the child have a right to their parent? Why should we simply deny a child their father because of past actions? Stupid questions I'm sure, but I would like any answers that someone wants to offer.

Because it's obviously sick to give a rapist the right to the fruits of his crime! :3oops:

Because it's obviously sick to give a rapist the right to the fruits of his crime! :3oops:

Maybe, but something still feels off about denying a child the chance to know their father.

Maybe, but something still feels off about denying a child the chance to know their father.

Are you out of your mind? Or you just want another crime (l.g. someday the father wakes up with a bullet in his head from his own child)?! :shock:

Are you out of your mind? Or you just want another crime (l.g. someday the father wakes up with a bullet in his head from his own child)?! :shock:

Gee...
I don't think Henrin ever thought about that.

Why would the child shoot him?

Because children often grow to hate anyone who hurt/s their mother.

If your daughter were raped and carried the child to term, would YOU want the rapist to have access to that child?

I sure as hell wouldn't.

Because children often grow to hate anyone who hurt/s their mother.

There really isn't a huge problem with this in the 31 states that allow it. In fact, children killing a parent is only about 1% of homicides per year.

Know their father?

It takes more than planting a seed (in this case by FORCE) to be a father.

Holy cow. I can't believe what I'm reading?!

Holy cow. I can't believe what I'm reading?!

I guess Henrin is pulling our legs (ladies especially). ;) If not, I'd suggest he goes and finds a shrink. :)

Note to Medusa. ONE PERSON saying something stupid doesn't mean that ONE PERSON speaks for thousands of people who agree with her on other issues.

Note to Josie. When that one person leads a political organization with wide support, they do speak for thousands of people.

Back
Top Bottom