• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Human organs could be grown in animals within a year

300px-Vacanti_mouse.jpg

I can see a few problems with this. It means muslims and jews probably will not be able to get the organs. I would imagine a bacon made organ would probably not fit within the realm of their religious concerns. Then you have the problem of rednecks who would run out of bacon and perhaps feel their new organs could be fried up so they do not have to run to the store. Bacon is a truly valuable dietary staple of the redneck american. They put it in everything, and many of them reject science and intelligence. If we have to put warning labels in obvious places to keep people from downing a bottle of bleach I am sure we will have to tattoo these new organs with "Do not eat."But it sounds like a good idea overall despite the odd problems humans will make with it.

In another largely unreported development that's been occurring for decades, animal brains, specifically armadillo brains, have been successfully grown in the skulls of liberals. Researchers note an IQ drop-off from those grown in real armadillos, but are pleased none-the-less in the general increase in IQ for liberals.

In another largely unreported
development that's been occurring for decades, animal brains, specifically armadillo brains, have been successfully grown in the skulls of liberals. Researchers note an IQ drop-off from those grown in real
armadillos, but are pleased none-the-less in the general increase in IQ for liberals.

Lol...that reminded me of my older boys catching a Armadillo, that thing was pissed..

They seemed proud until I told them the Armadillo is the only other creature ( other than man ) that carries the bacteria that causes Leprosy.

Lol...that reminded me of my older boys catching a Armadillo, that thing was pissed..

They seemed proud until I told them the Armadillo is the only other creature ( other than man ) that carries the bacteria that causes Leprosy.
Bet they dropped that thing in a hurry.

I can see a few problems with this. It means muslims and jews probably will not be able to get the organs. I would imagine a bacon made organ would probably not fit within the realm of their religious concerns. Then you have the problem of rednecks who would run out of bacon and perhaps feel their new organs could be fried up so they do not have to run to the store. Bacon is a truly valuable dietary staple of the redneck american. They put it in everything, and many of them reject science and intelligence. If we have to put warning labels in obvious places to keep people from downing a bottle of bleach I am sure we will have to tattoo these new organs with "Do not eat."But it sounds like a good idea overall despite the odd problems humans will make with it.

And let's not forget the PETA and vegan types who would object to the use of animals for this purpose. I suppose there's no down side if they only confine that restriction to themselves. The trouble is that liberals always seem to want to pull everyone else down, too.

Meanwhile, grow me a new liver ASAP, please.

And let's not forget the PETA and vegan types who would object to the use of animals for this purpose. I suppose there's no down side if they only confine that restriction to themselves. The trouble is that liberals always seem to want to pull everyone else down, too.

Meanwhile, grow me a new liver ASAP, please.

There is already people who object to this, which is why it is not being tried in the US right now. A little hint, it is not the left blocking this. It is the right wing christian wackos who are preventing this right now, and not PETA or Vegans. So if you have a problem with this sort of thing being prevented you might want to take it up with the right wing and not try and blame the left. Stem Cell research is your friend.

There is already people who object to this, which is why it is not being tried in the US right now. A little hint, it is not the left blocking this. It is the right wing christian wackos who are preventing this right now, and not PETA or Vegans. So if you have a problem with this sort of thing being prevented you might want to take it up with the right wing and not try and blame the left. Stem Cell research is your friend.

They don't use embryonic stem cells, they use stem cells harvested from the organs in question, usually from adults. Social conservatives have no objections to the use of adult stem cells.

PETA doesn't object to animal research? I think you are probably wrong about that.

They don't use embryonic stem cells, they use stem cells harvested from the organs in question, usually from adults. Social conservatives have no objections to the use of adult stem cells.

PETA doesn't object to animal research? I think you are probably wrong about that.

Yeah, and that is why the US is not doing this. Sorry, but I am pretty sure the same people who think a woman's sex organs stop working during legitimate rape are probably not close to educated and nuanced enough to know the difference in stem cells. You are blaming the wrong people, and you really need to look at the right for why science is held back in america.

Yeah, and that is why the US is not doing this. Sorry, but I am pretty sure the same people who think a woman's sex organs stop working during legitimate rape are probably not close to educated and nuanced enough to know the difference in stem cells. You are blaming the wrong people, and you really need to look at the right for why science is held back in america.

Liberals are all for science until it interferes with their political agenda or their worship of nature.

Liberal attitudes toward energy are irrational and anti-scientific. Progressive liberals tend to be antinuclear because of the waste-disposal problem, anti–fossil fuels because of global warming, antihydroelectric because dams disrupt river ecosystems, and anti–wind power because of avian fatalities. The underlying current is “everything natural is good” and “everything unnatural is bad.” Wholesale starvation, disease, and death would be the results of an energy policy based on their ideas.

Liberal attitudes toward GMOs are insanely and irrationally anti-science. They categorically reject all scientific evidence to the effect that GMOs are not harmful. GMOs will be key to a second green revolution, which will be necessary to feed the world's populations. Opposition to GMOs is as suicidal as it is crazy.

On climate change they are in the process of ignoring data that doesn't fit their preferred narrative. They refuse to acknowledge, for example, that there has been a 15 year lull in warming. They refuse to acknowledge that climate models have proven to be inaccurate. They refuse to acknowledge that almost all of the predictions of previous IPCC reports have proven wrong. They refuse to acknowledge the growing disconnect between increasing CO2 and warming.

The knee-jerk reaction of liberal environmental groups to species de-listing, which is based on scientific studies of population trends, denotes a strong strain of anti-scientific religiosity inherent in their movement.

Liberals are all for science until it interferes with their political agenda or their worship of nature.

Liberal attitudes toward energy are irrational and anti-scientific. Progressive liberals tend to be antinuclear because of the waste-disposal problem, anti–fossil fuels because of global warming, antihydroelectric because dams disrupt river ecosystems, and anti–wind power because of avian fatalities. The underlying current is “everything natural is good” and “everything unnatural is bad.” Wholesale starvation, disease, and death would be the results of an energy policy based on their ideas.

Liberal attitudes toward GMOs are insanely and irrationally anti-science. They categorically reject all scientific evidence to the effect that GMOs are not harmful. GMOs will be key to a second green revolution, which will be necessary to feed the world's populations. Opposition to GMOs is as suicidal as it is crazy.

On climate change they are in the process of ignoring data that doesn't fit their preferred narrative. They refuse to acknowledge, for example, that there has been a 15 year lull in warming. They refuse to acknowledge that climate models have proven to be inaccurate. They refuse to acknowledge that almost all of the predictions of previous IPCC reports have proven wrong. They refuse to acknowledge the growing disconnect between increasing CO2 and warming.

The knee-jerk reaction of liberal environmental groups to species de-listing, which is based on scientific studies of population trends, denotes a strong strain of anti-scientific religiosity inherent in their movement.

yeah, we should rely on the right when they have Obgyn's elected who think male babies masturbate in the womb. We should rely on the right's scientists who think jesus rode a dinosaur to work. We should rely on people who feel the bible is scientific in nature. Sorry, but the ship has sailed on the right's reliability in the scientific fields.

yeah, we should rely on the right when they have Obgyn's elected who think male babies masturbate in the womb. We should rely on the right's scientists who think jesus rode a dinosaur to work. We should rely on people who feel the bible is scientific in nature. Sorry, but the ship has sailed on the right's reliability in the scientific fields.

The religious right talks about their beliefs. The left claims to be rational and scientific and then betrays us all.

The religious right talks about their beliefs. The left claims to be rational and scientific and then betrays us all.

I am just telling you, since you had a complaint, there is a reason japan is ahead of us on this issue, and it is not because a couple of vegans and some wackos at PETA have done any protests against this. It is because we have been mired down with religious BS over doing stem cell research and japan does not have that stigma with their religious people blocking scientific advancement. Now please do show us some examples of PETA and vegans opposing stem cell research for this purpose, and i will be glad to hammer that down with many more references to the religious right doing so.

Back
Top Bottom