• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

human euthanasia--it is happening

what do you say to human euthanasia

• undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dthmstr254

I'm a pig, a real pig.
Reaction score
Chatanooga Tennessee at Tennessee Temple Universit
Political Leaning
Conservative
We have all seen the news, and one of the most televised event of the year is the Terri Schiavo case. Did you know that the state of Florida euthanizes over 8000 people a year?
I held a personal interview with Terri's parents and listened to a message by their lawyer Dr. David Gibbs III. I am going to give a basic set of topics that surround this event, including murder and hate, and love, determination, and trials.
Euthanasia is not a way to make a person comfortable, or end their pain. Yes, their pain does end, but they don't have a chance to live. these people have put their lives in the hands of their loved ones and those loved ones have betrayed them. Mr Schiavo actually promised that he would do everything in his power to help Terri recover.
You say "but Terri was disabled."
This is true, but she was still able to do many things that we are able to do. Accounts from the Schindlers and Dr Gibbs tell of an energetic young woman who was excited to meet visitors, especially her mother. She would jump out of the La-Z-Boy chair in her hospital room, run up to her mother, hug her, and say "Ama". she was rehabilitating well with her speech, and was able to communicate pretty clearly what it was that she wanted. This disabled woman would cry when her mother left the room. This is not terminal illness that we are dealing with; just the results of a terrible occurence that left her brain damaged.
You say "but she was on a one-way road to death"
This is a flagrant lie. Terri didn't require a respirator, lung machine, or heart regulator. the only thing that she needed was to be fed, which everybody requires. If a prison decided to stop feeding the prisoners, the Federal Government would be all over them about breaking regulations and removing the prisoners constitutional rights. If we decided not to feed prisoners of war the Geneva Convention would be all over us for violating the POW's rights. where has America come to when a POW and convicted murderer have more rights than a young, disabled citizen of the United States? Is Terri Schiavo going to be just a stepping stone to a day where if a person gets too old we can exterminate him? or will we as Americans say "the buck stops here!"? what is your choice?
note: this was a hard topic to categorize, so i just stuck it here.

It is impossible to vote on this topic because your choices are so obviously partisan.

Its like if I was a nazi and I asked if you agree that we should whipe out all jews and the choices were 'Yes. It is important for the Aryan race' or 'No. I want the jews to rape me.' Pretty dumb, obviously.

Don't even mention Terry Schivo. There was no Terry--we had an empty husk with a liquified brain. That's not a person. A Monkey has more sentience than she did. Its good she was euthanized. It stopped the indignity of having people treat her living corpse as a circus.

Technocratic_Utilitarian said:
Don't even mention Terry Schivo. There was no Terry--we had an empty husk with a liquified brain. That's not a person. A Monkey has more sentience than she did. Its good she was euthanized. It stopped the indignity of having people treat her living corpse as a circus.
so what was she before? a non entity. then that makes you one too, because what applies to one human being applies to all of them. seems like you are now an empty husk. :2razz:
I just happen to possess a seven page doctor's report (hard copy) that disagrees with the assumption that she was an empty husk or a nonsentient being, thanks to the CLA. this report is from a doctor who examined her in 2001, years after the accident that disabled her. it describes her as a healthy young woman who had only two problems, the fact that she could not go through the motions of moving her hands to the plate to get food and then bring it to her mouth, among other motor abilities; and the ability to speak clearly; both of which were improving daily with things like her being able to say "Ama" (mama) "Ader" (father) and other things, like the ability to pic up after herself and open up the La-Z-Boy chair leg rest. she was steadily improving due to the diligent efforts of her parents and the doctors, nothing that was caused by he husband.

so what was she before? a non entity. then that makes you one too, because what applies to one human being applies to all of them. seems like you are now an empty husk.

Hardly. And yes, she was a non-person. She ceased to exist due to her lack of brainmatter. Her brain was partially liquified in the region controlling conscious awareness. She a Zombie.

I just happen to possess a seven page doctor's report (hard copy) that disagrees with the assumption that she was an empty husk or a nonsentient being, thanks to the CLA.

Good for you. There were many doctors who disagreed, and there was a Scan of her brain quite prevelant circulated. Her brain was liquified. Your docs are probably quacks (actually, some of them were quacks and were on quackwatch)

this report is from a doctor who examined her in 2001, years after the accident that disabled her. it describes her as a healthy young woman who had only two problems, the fact that she could not go through the motions of moving her hands to the plate to get food and then bring it to her mouth, among other motor abilities; and the ability to speak clearly; both of which were improving daily with things like her being able to say "Ama" (mama) "Ader" (father) and other things, like the ability to pic up after herself and open up the La-Z-Boy chair leg rest. she was steadily improving due to the diligent efforts of her parents and the doctors, nothing that was caused by he husband.

Sorry. Don't buy it. I will trust what most of the doctors said. She was a veiggie burger. The "improvement" is a running gag wanked to by pro-life Republitards. Lots of people tried masturbating to the idea that she could talk, move, and get better. That's gobbledeegook. Half her brain was sludge, including the part that delt with such things.

dthmstr254 said:
so what was she before? a non entity. then that makes you one too, because what applies to one human being applies to all of them. seems like you are now an empty husk. :2razz:
I just happen to possess a seven page doctor's report (hard copy) that disagrees with the assumption that she was an empty husk or a nonsentient being, thanks to the CLA. this report is from a doctor who examined her in 2001, years after the accident that disabled her. it describes her as a healthy young woman who had only two problems, the fact that she could not go through the motions of moving her hands to the plate to get food and then bring it to her mouth, among other motor abilities; and the ability to speak clearly; both of which were improving daily with things like her being able to say "Ama" (mama) "Ader" (father) and other things, like the ability to pic up after herself and open up the La-Z-Boy chair leg rest. she was steadily improving due to the diligent efforts of her parents and the doctors, nothing that was caused by he husband.

So why, on the official "save Terri" website, did we see only footage of Terri utterly failing to do any of those things? :confused:

So why, on the official "save Terri" website, did we see only footage of Terri utterly failing to do any of those things?

Because her brain in the region of higher functions was liquified sauce.

Because her brain in the region of higher functions was liquified sauce.

Yes, I know that. But why, then, is dthmstr insisting that she could do so much, when those who tried to save her didn't demonstrate any such thing?

If I had a smiley that could wank, that would be your answer :mrgreen:

:rofl I'll just get you the address of where you can find one!

Naughty Nurse said:
So why, on the official "save Terri" website, did we see only footage of Terri utterly failing to do any of those things? :confused:
how many of those are before the time that it went national? none of them I bet. the doctor's reports are quite conclusive. if Dr. David Gibbs III is in town, I recommend that you give him a visit. it would mean you would have to go to a Baptist church though. he would probably be glad to email you a copy of the doctor's reports.

Hardly. And yes, she was a non-person. She ceased to exist due to her lack of brainmatter. Her brain was partially liquified in the region controlling conscious awareness. She a Zombie.
please provide some pre 2005 reports that support this, I have seen none of them that support this. i have a doctor's report that supports this. this doctor had seven different medical awards and a Ph.D and M.D. from Harvard. not bad for a quack.

Sorry. Don't buy it. I will trust what most of the doctors said. She was a veiggie burger. The "improvement" is a running gag wanked to by pro-life Republitards. Lots of people tried masturbating to the idea that she could talk, move, and get better. That's gobbledeegook. Half her brain was sludge, including the part that delt with such things.
then explain how Jesse James AND Rush Limbaugh AGREED that they were WRONG to quote, "KILL HER". i might not listen to them seriously, but i do notice big things like instances where two polar opposites agree on something. last i checked, Jesse was a "demotard"(borrowing terms from you;))

We are supposed to take a single doctor's 7 page report as gospel? Why? Does anyone have any footage of her doing the things you claim? Not likely, or they would have been all over the media.
Why is a Baptist church the repository of this information? Is it secret, or sacred? Or perhaps a forgery? Who is this great doctor? What religion is he?
America wants to know....
When I get to the point that life is no longer worth living, I will consume my stash of pills saved for the purpose of ending my life. But the point at which that occurs is MY decision, not the governments, or some church people who didn't give a damn about me when I was alive unless I had substantial funds to donate so some underworked, overpaid preachers can have a high salary.
I did know one who served God and his church for free, he was my Jr. High Algebra teacher, and later a mailman in our community. He was one of the few who wasn't in it for the money first and serving God second.
God gave us freedom to choose, so if the decision is wrong in God's eyes, it is between Him and the persons making such a decision. The rest of us can just butt out.

Well, if Rush Limballs said it was wrong, by george, it must have been!

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/generateexhibit.php?ID=1484&ExhibitKeywordsRaw=&TL=32737&A=2

This is your normal brain.

http://www.miami.edu/ethics/schiavo/CT scan.png

This is your brain on Terry.

. You see all the cold, dark matter? That's brain inactivity and liquification. A woman with that scan cannot possibly have done what this quack is sayin, and I don't really give a **** what pro-terry netbloggers say. It's all emotional bullshat.

This CT scan shows the following:

The single image from this particular scan shows SEVERE loss of cortical tissue. The PATIENTS who go along with CT scans like that are for the most part in advanced demented states, nonverbal, often contracted into the fetal postition, unable to follow any instructions or engage in purposeful movements.

This possition was confirmed by Neurosurgeon Dr. Sanya Gupta, who's no louse.

Last edited:
Now,Rush is one who should consider suicide.
He is obviously brain dead, right?
Oh wait, he can still jump up out of a chair.
He has to sit down carefully, tho, with that cyst thing on his butt.:lol:

If any of you want to understand why I think the way I do, or what the basis for my political/ethical opinions are, I guess I could provide a link.

http://www.utilitarian.net/singer/

I am a Utilitarian pretty thoroughly, so I might as well give a source on my beliefs, because I will probably be the same old person in every topic. I am predictable.

Well, if Rush Limballs said it was wrong, by george, it must have been!

http://catalog.nucleusinc.com/generateexhibit.php?ID=1484&ExhibitKeywordsRaw=&TL=32737&A=2

This is your normal brain.

http://www.miami.edu/ethics/schiavo/CT scan.png

This is your brain on Terry.

. You see all the cold, dark matter? That's brain inactivity and liquification. A woman with that scan cannot possibly have done what this quack is sayin, and I don't really give a **** what pro-terry netbloggers say. It's all emotional bullshat.

This CT scan shows the following:

The single image from this particular scan shows SEVERE loss of cortical tissue. The PATIENTS who go along with CT scans like that are for the most part in advanced demented states, nonverbal, often contracted into the fetal postition, unable to follow any instructions or engage in purposeful movements.

This possition was confirmed by Neurosurgeon Dr. Sanya Gupta, who's no louse.
a date a date, my kingdom for a date.
what was the date that this CT was taken? i understand what a CT scan looks like, my aunt had one taken to make sure what they thought was a tumor was really a tumor. it turned out it wasnt. just a misunderstanding. however, if your info doesnt have a date, what time period are we talking about?

UtahBill said:
We are supposed to take a single doctor's 7 page report as gospel? Why? Does anyone have any footage of her doing the things you claim? Not likely, or they would have been all over the media.
Why is a Baptist church the repository of this information? Is it secret, or sacred? Or perhaps a forgery? Who is this great doctor? What religion is he?
America wants to know....
When I get to the point that life is no longer worth living, I will consume my stash of pills saved for the purpose of ending my life. But the point at which that occurs is MY decision, not the governments, or some church people who didn't give a damn about me when I was alive unless I had substantial funds to donate so some underworked, overpaid preachers can have a high salary.
I did know one who served God and his church for free, he was my Jr. High Algebra teacher, and later a mailman in our community. He was one of the few who wasn't in it for the money first and serving God second.
God gave us freedom to choose, so if the decision is wrong in God's eyes, it is between Him and the persons making such a decision. The rest of us can just butt out.
the media wasnt even paying any attention to her case until its final days.I live in Florida. it didnt hit the news until it made national courts. their wouldnt have been anyone who cared about it then. you also know how corrupt the media is. the chances of someone actually choosing a dated video is little to none, they wanted only recent vids.
got a question: if a person has a mental disability that causes down's syndrome, autism, or some other disease; should we neutralize their lives as well? we want to find a way to help them even though they are technically considered unable to make their own decisions, but not a way to help someone like Terri? you have now given me enough evidence that if i had your name, i could run you up on discrimination charges for discriminating against Terri based on mental disability, and then follow it up with a class-action suit for discrimination against mentally handicapped people in general. sounds like you would be in a heap of trouble if i knew you. dont worry, if i ever do meet you, this will be the first thing i bring up, after, of course, i get your name. if you are a truck driver, you might want to change your callsign, because if i find you i will most likely be able to find your truck, leading to a license plate number and then to your name. but technically i could try to track you down using your email address, so there are multiple ways i could find out how to sue you. you might have deduced from this post that i know a whole lot about law and how certain things can be done by the right people.

The date on this was stated on CNN as well as the BBC. It was 96/97. You don't recover from massive atrophy of the brain tissue, so the doctor in the 21st century who examined her was full of ****.

dthmstr254 said:
you have now given me enough evidence that if i had your name, i could run you up on discrimination charges for discriminating against Terri based on mental disability, and then follow it up with a class-action suit for discrimination against mentally handicapped people in general. sounds like you would be in a heap of trouble if i knew you. dont worry, if i ever do meet you, this will be the first thing i bring up, after, of course, i get your name. if you are a truck driver, you might want to change your callsign, because if i find you i will most likely be able to find your truck, leading to a license plate number and then to your name. but technically i could try to track you down using your email address, so there are multiple ways i could find out how to sue you. you might have deduced from this post that i know a whole lot about law and how certain things can be done by the right people.

Anyone else find this extremely creepy?

And no you couldn't sparky. You can't sue an individual for descrimination. An individual can descriminate all they want. I can sit here and say blacks suck, asians suck, jews suck, hispanics suck....wow. Look at all that descriminating going on. Not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

Kelzie said:

And no you couldn't sparky. You can't sue an individual for descrimination. An individual can descriminate all they want. I can sit here and say blacks suck, asians suck, jews suck, hispanics suck....wow. Look at all that descriminating going on. Not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

Yes I suppose his call sign would be "stalker." Btw I can do you for all of that descriminating. I will just punish you in bed :lol:

If any of you want to understand why I think the way I do, or what the basis for my political/ethical opinions are, I guess I could provide a link.

http://www.utilitarian.net/singer/

I am a Utilitarian pretty thoroughly, so I might as well give a source on my beliefs, because I will probably be the same old person in every topic. I am predictable.

Not predictable, utilitarian :2wave:

You and I think A LOT alike. I like this utilitarian doctrine...

jallman said:
Not predictable, utilitarian :2wave:

You and I think A LOT alike. I like this utilitarian doctrine...

Now, see, my one problem with utilitarianism is a situation that happened a couple years ago (I might be jacking this from some text book...nobody tell on me). A women was mugged or something, and went to the police station to report it. The cop that took her case made her strip and took a bunch of photos which he later passed around the precinct. Utilitarians would be okay with this, because the happiness caused far outweighs the unhappiness it caused the young women. But it's still wrong.

Kelzie said:

but isnt it considered a hate crime to back, in any way shape or form, the death of a person based on the mental, racial, religious, and now sexual persuasions of that individual? this was the legalized hate homicide of a 41 yr old woman, not the execution of a criminal. Terri Shiavo was killed in a way that would be criminal if we did it to a dog or cat. take a convicted mass murderer or serial killer who is sentenced to death and say that we will not feed him/her, and that will be the manner of their executionand the constitution would stand up and say that we could not do that, this is cruel and unusual. so why should the death of Terry be any different from murder? if you were to have walked into her room and stabbed her to death, would that be the same as what they did to her? i already know what you will say, but go ahead and say it, that way i have the fun of hearing you say it.

Back
Top Bottom