• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

HUGH Democrat VICTORY

Stinger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Well that's how most of the leftist media, CBS, NBC, AAR et al are calling it. Else it's HUGH BUSH DEFEAT, REPUBLIANS LOSE EVERYTHING.

Well let's look

First consider that in the big three races the incumbant part won. Virgina had a Democrat governor and they elected another. New Jersey had a Democrat governor an they elected another. New York City had a Republican mayor and they relected him. Then let's compare to that last elecitons

2001 Virginia: Warner (D) 52%, Earley (R) 47%
2005 Virginia: Kaine (D) 52%, Kilgore (R) 46%

2001 New Jersey: McGreevey (D) 56%, Schundler (R) 42%
2005 New Jersey: Corzine (D) 53%, Forrester (R) 44%

2001 New York City: Bloomberg (R) 50%, Green (D) 47%
2005 New York City: Bloomberg (R) 59%, Ferrer (D) 39%

Hmmmm seems to me that the Democrats held on to what they had in two and the Republicans increased their percentage in the one they won.

And in Virgina the Republican defeated the Democrat for the Lt. Govenor and 2 out of the 3 state congressional races (according to the results posted today in USA Today).

So why does the media, the mainstream leftest media, protray this as a great Democrat victory, where did they increase their standing?

Stinger said:
Well that's how most of the leftist media, CBS, NBC, AAR et al are calling it. Else it's HUGH BUSH DEFEAT, REPUBLIANS LOSE EVERYTHING.

Well let's look

First consider that in the big three races the incumbant part won. Virgina had a Democrat governor and they elected another. New Jersey had a Democrat governor an they elected another. New York City had a Republican mayor and they relected him. Then let's compare to that last elecitons

Hmmmm seems to me that the Democrats held on to what they had in two and the Republicans increased their percentage in the one they won.

And in Virgina the Republican defeated the Democrat for the Lt. Govenor and 2 out of the 3 state congressional races (according to the results posted today in USA Today).

So why does the media, the mainstream leftest media, protray this as a great Democrat victory, where did they increase their standing?

Who is Hugh, and how do you know he's a Democrat?

I'd hardly call a Bloomberg win a victory for the Republicans...

As for the others, you're right that it was not a huge win for the Democrats (nor have I seen it being portrayed as such in the media), other than the fact that the elections were close and the Democrats held on to NJ and VA.

danarhea said:
Who is Hugh, and how do you know he's a Democrat?

LOL.

Give me a break. Are the liberals coming to save the world? Politics are politics are politics no matter who wins the people lost. The lesser of two evil millionaires right, Hugh?

Stinger said:
Funny, the only place i'm hearing this statement from is you.

Stinger said:

Well let's look

Dear Stinger, ..democrat leaders LIVE by illusion!

Here's why: When "democrats" lose, ..they still think they win,:smile: & it is even evident in the house & senate where republicans are the majority.

"They" somehow think that the republicans should show them deference, ..or that the Republicans are mandated to share power with them, or cut deals with them.

Funny, ..when the democrats USED to have everything, ..they did not give a damn about sharing any of their power, ..nor did they feel obligated out of guilt to cut deals in the same fashion people like John McCain is so damn willing to do.

Let the democrats enjoy their ride; at the moment they "think" they are gonna ride the Iraqi war, & Joe Wilson into glory in 08'.

They will be so frustrated again,.. as the mainstream majority does not quite see things in the same fashion as the "alternative media", & democrats want everybody to see.

Once again they (democrats) will believe their own "tainted" polls just as they did with the Kerry vote exit polls because the media (their allies) cannot help themselves from creating the things that they HOPE will happen.

The American majority REMEMBERS the fraudulent forged military documents meant to smear Bush,.. established by the media in the attempt to undermine, & influence the outcome of the 04' election.

They will also remember certain democtas calling president Bush a liar, a Nazi, a racist & equating his administration as "terrorists" themselves.

They will also remember very well that certain democrats in the senate love blaming America first, ..& even charging that our soldiers engaged in torture routinely & that they were comparable to the Nazi death camps.

Most americans are sick of that shyte, & all the rest of the slanted liberal news, & the phony's like Harry Reid, Dick Durbin, Ted kennedy etc..who love making outlandish accusations.

I wonder IF the democrats will come up with anymore intriguing fixed election stories AFTER they get spanked again in 08'?:2razz:

Stu and Stinger--well you two have something in common--the inability to see anything negative regarding your own party.

I have heard that people are saying that this was a huge win for the democrats. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Regardless, Kaine was able to win 2 counties that had gone to the republican candidate when Mark Warner ran. That's a good thing, although the 2 counties (Louden and Prince William) have become far more urban since 4 years ago. The more urban a a place is, the more those residents vote for democrats.

I thought Tim Kaine ran a positive campaign. Kilgore, however, was taking shots at Kaine right and left. Thus, Kaine's win is even better because he didn't stoop to Kilgore's level and still won.

Bush came to Virginia to help Kilgore campaign, and it didn't really help him now, did it?

By the way, Stu, will you eat your words if the democrats don't get spanked in 2008? :lol: :lol:

The word is HUGE, not HUGH.....

Well, now that the Dems are on the comeback trail, they can rest easy, at least until they get their butts beat again in a national election.

Listen up, Dems, it is not enough to be against the GOP, you must be FOR something. You must have your own plan.

It might work for evangelicals to complain about what they are against, instead of practicing what they are for, but it does not work in politics.

aps said:
Stu and Stinger--well you two have something in common--the inability to see anything negative regarding your own party.

Well you start off factually incorrect. I am not a Republican so it's not MY party. I vote Democrat and Independent on a regular basis.

I have heard that people are saying that this was a huge win for the democrats. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Did you hear Chuckie Schummer and Howard Dean and see the press they were getting. You'd think they had swept every Republican out of office and their statements were not being challenged just being reported and allowed to stand.

Regardless, Kaine was able to win 2 counties that had gone to the republican candidate when Mark Warner ran. That's a good thing, although the 2 counties (Louden and Prince William) have become far more urban since 4 years ago. The more urban a a place is, the more those residents vote for democrats.

Oh wow there's the downfall.

I thought Tim Kaine ran a positive campaign. Kilgore, however, was taking shots at Kaine right and left. Thus, Kaine's win is even better because he didn't stoop to Kilgore's level and still won.

More of just a bad campaign, his only position seemed to be he supported the death penalty and Kaine said he would enforce it. So not much there.

Bush came to Virginia to help Kilgore campaign, and it didn't really help him now, did it?

I'd have to see the polls before and after to determine if he had any effect.

Stinger said:
Well you start off factually incorrect. I am not a Republican so it's not MY party. I vote Democrat and Independent on a regular basis.

I was surprised when I checked your profile that you did not affiliate yourself with a party. That surprised me because you attack Joe Wilson like a republican, you think George Bush and his adminstration walk on water, and, if I recall correctly, you don't have anything positive to say about democrats.

Did you hear Chuckie Schummer and Howard Dean and see the press they were getting. You'd think they had swept every Republican out of office and their statements were not being challenged just being reported and allowed to stand.

They're just happy that democrats didn't lose power like they did in the House and the Senate.

I'd have to see the polls before and after to determine if he had any effect.

The polls taken before the race showed that it would be a close race with Kaine being the winner by like 2 points. Kaine got 52% of the vote and Kilgore got 46%. My statement was not based upon these numbers but solely based upon Kilgore losing.

aps said:

I have heard that people are saying that this was a huge win for the democrats. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Regardless, Kaine was able to win 2 counties that had gone to the republican candidate when Mark Warner ran. That's a good thing, although the 2 counties (Louden and Prince William) have become far more urban since 4 years ago. The more urban a a place is, the more those residents vote for democrats.

By the way, Stu, will you eat your words if the democrats don't get spanked in 2008? :lol: :lol:

DEar Aps, ..not so! THere are things that I take issue with regards to the republican party, & Mr. Bush.

BUT, BUT....THis out of control scandalous liberal media, ..& their bedfellow democratic party leadership are the biggest hypocrites of all.

They are trying to use the Iraqi war, & this CIA leak case to help glorify their chances in 08'.

It would not be so bad IF it were only confined to that. But no, ..its, Bush lied, Bush is a Nazi, Bush endorses torture & on it goes.

MY god, listening to the democratic party leadership one "might" forget that THEY demanded their OWN war resolution when they signed on for the war in Iraq.

They saw the same intel things Bush saw, ..& their OWN words were heard, ...nobody coerced them into making anti-Sadaam speeches then. Now...they make anti-Bush speeches.

Since the viet-nam era, its ALWAYS the SAME message from the liberal democrats:

America is evil, America exploits, America tortures, & there would be peace if it wasn't for America.

Thanks to the democrats, ..why even the terrorists believe it, & in fact are politically empowered because of it, ..AND if the senate democrats make the charges; ..what do you think the terrorists think about it?

Why is it that its ALWAYS senate democrats WHO destroy national unity, accuse their own government of war crimes?

Why is it that the democrats in the senate all of a sudden pretend to care about the CIA, (Valerie PLame) ..when in FACT it was ALWAYS the senate democrats who gutted the CIA's ability to garner foreign intel, ..& have made it even more difficult to investigate mis-eastern immigrants who DO have sympathies, & ties to mideastern terror groups?

Are some senate democrats REALLY acting in good faith??? IMO, hell NO...they are politicizing the whole war in Iraq, & the war on terror & in fact trying to make Bush out a liar, a warmonger, a racist, & a hater!

Everything is Bush's fault, ..even the recent Jordan terror bombings is blamed on Bush via the LEFTIST media & certain democrats!

This senate democrat behavior is just unforgiveable, ..& it shall not be forgotten!;)

Archon said:
LOL.

Give me a break. Are the liberals coming to save the world? Politics are politics are politics no matter who wins the people lost. The lesser of two evil millionaires right, Hugh?

First sane and truthful post I have seen in this whole thread. Right now, the 2 major political parties are playing divide and conquor with the American people, and pardon the language, all Americans are getting totally ****ed. Doesnt matter if the Dems take government back becuase of voter backlash, or if the Republicans keep the government because of Democratic weakness. The corruption in America will keep increasing until the voters get it in their heads that they are all being played for chumps. The fight for the hearts and minds of Americans, between actors who wear the labels "Democrat" and "Republcian", but who epitomize the antiAmerican spirit, is even more trite and phoney than a professional wrestling match. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for the umpteenth time..................... Yea, in spades.

Finally, as the title of this thread suggests, the game being played by Democrats and Republicans is known as the Hugh Hefner strategy :lol: Hugh IS a Democrat, Hugh IS ALSO a Republican, and Americans are being screwed royally. If our politicians did to their wives what they are doing to America, the divorce rate amongst them would drop to zero.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
If our politicians did to their wives what they are doing to America, the divorce rate amongst them would drop to zero.
Good God, no, do not encourage them to multiply and replenish!
We have too many politicians already.:(

Limbaugh said:
DEar Aps, ..not so! THere are things that I take issue with regards to the republican party, & Mr. Bush.

BUT, BUT....THis out of control scandalous liberal media, ..& their bedfellow democratic party leadership are the biggest hypocrites of all.

They are trying to use the Iraqi war, & this CIA leak case to help glorify their chances in 08'.

It would not be so bad IF it were only confined to that. But no, ..its, Bush lied, Bush is a Nazi, Bush endorses torture & on it goes.

MY god, listening to the democratic party leadership one "might" forget that THEY demanded their OWN war resolution when they signed on for the war in Iraq.

They saw the same intel things Bush saw, ..& their OWN words were heard, ...nobody coerced them into making anti-Sadaam speeches then. Now...they make anti-Bush speeches.

Since the viet-nam era, its ALWAYS the SAME message from the liberal democrats:

America is evil, America exploits, America tortures, & there would be peace if it wasn't for America.

Thanks to the democrats, ..why even the terrorists believe it, & in fact are politically empowered because of it, ..AND if the senate democrats make the charges; ..what do you think the terrorists think about it?

Why is it that its ALWAYS senate democrats WHO destroy national unity, accuse their own government of war crimes?

Why is it that the democrats in the senate all of a sudden pretend to care about the CIA, (Valerie PLame) ..when in FACT it was ALWAYS the senate democrats who gutted the CIA's ability to garner foreign intel, ..& have made it even more difficult to investigate mis-eastern immigrants who DO have sympathies, & ties to mideastern terror groups?

Are some senate democrats REALLY acting in good faith??? IMO, hell NO...they are politicizing the whole war in Iraq, & the war on terror & in fact trying to make Bush out a liar, a warmonger, a racist, & a hater!

Everything is Bush's fault, ..even the recent Jordan terror bombings is blamed on Bush via the LEFTIST media & certain democrats!

This senate democrat behavior is just unforgiveable, ..& it shall not be forgotten!;)

Christ, shut up. Just shut up. This is a forum for DEBATE and DISCUSSION of issues, not for your immature smear tactics.

Kandahar said:
Christ, shut up. Just shut up. This is a forum for DEBATE and DISCUSSION of issues, not for your immature smear tactics.
I thought Canuck was banned for this sorta behavior...

aps said:
I was surprised when I checked your profile that you did not affiliate yourself with a party. That surprised me because you attack Joe Wilson like a republican,

I attack him like anyone with a reasonable mind would. He is a liar who tried to undermine the national security of the nation.

you think George Bush and his adminstration walk on water,

If I were you I would avoid trying to state what others think especially in such nonsensical ways.

and, if I recall correctly, you don't have anything positive to say about democrats.

As far as the national Democrats there's not much positive to say about them.

The polls taken before the race showed that it would be a close race with Kaine being the winner by like 2 points. Kaine got 52% of the vote and Kilgore got 46%. My statement was not based upon these numbers but solely based upon Kilgore losing.

It was pretty much a wash nationwide. I was amused to hear Schummer saying that this was a shoot across the bow of the Republicans. Then he went on to state how the DEmocrats were going to go the people with their plans and ideas and win over the country, that is sometime next year when they decide what exactly their plans and ideas are.

Kandahar said:
I'd hardly call a Bloomberg win a victory for the Republicans...

As for the others, you're right that it was not a huge win for the Democrats (nor have I seen it being portrayed as such in the media), other than the fact that the elections were close and the Democrats held on to NJ and VA.

As much so as New Jersey Corzine had a HUGE lead at one point and managed to hang on while losing voter margin compared to last year. Bloomberg increased his winning margin.

Oh and the Republicans also took the Attorneys Generals office in Virginia.

It was a wash at best and if you really want to give to one or the other the Republicans posted more gains than the Democrats.

scottyz said:
Funny, the only place i'm hearing this statement from is you.

Well then you should have listened to Chuckie Schummer and Howard Dean.

Kandahar said:

I get it, ..when I expose the distortion, lies..& inuendo by the democratic party, & the liberal media, ..I must be trying to smear them, ..right?

But...the media, & the democratic party is acting in "good faith" by telling the world that Bush is a liar, he lied about the war in Iraq, & Bush is a terrorist himself, & in fact planned & carried out the 9/11 attack himself, ..right?

Dear Kandahar, ..I charge that you do not like it WHEN I remind everybody about the things the democratic party has said, & that is exactly WHY you want me to shut up.

Yea, ...what THEY say IS embarrassing, ..I know!

Funny isn't it, ..the democratic party leaders do not want to debate, ..they simply use labels, & accuse the whole Bush administration of the most evil things, & call them unforgiveable names.

But YOU do not seem to want THEM to shut up..??

I have smeared nobody, ..& in fact only "repeat" exactly WHAT the democrat leaders say themselves!

Perhaps you do not like to be reminded of how OVER the TOP the good caring senate democrats act, & the outrageous things they say while mugging for the media in their typical non-biased, honest,& non-partisan way..huh huh?:smile:

.....and Hugh Beaumont as Ward Cleaver.

Stinger said:
It was pretty much a wash nationwide. I was amused to hear Schummer saying that this was a shot across the bow of the Republicans. Then he went on to state how the DEmocrats were going to go the people with their plans and ideas and win over the country, that is sometime next year when they decide what exactly their plans and ideas are.

And there is the problem. Dems cannot come up with any ideas/plans of their own that satisfy the majority of Dems.

Just throwing rocks at Republican ideas is not a plan.

Infighting amongst the variations (deviations?) of Dems is self destructive.
Why can't they learn that?:(

Stinger said:
As much so as New Jersey Corzine had a HUGE lead at one point and managed to hang on while losing voter margin compared to last year. Bloomberg increased his winning margin.

Oh and the Republicans also took the Attorneys Generals office in Virginia.

It was a wash at best and if you really want to give to one or the other the Republicans posted more gains than the Democrats.

I agree. But then, the media always makes too big a deal of the off-year elections and tries to draw broad conclusions, for the simple reason that there's usually not much else happening in the news.

I don't think anything involving Mike Bloomberg can really be cited as a win for the Republicans, since he is to the left of both of New York's senators.

Kandahar said:
I agree. But then, the media always makes too big a deal of the off-year elections and tries to draw broad conclusions, for the simple reason that there's usually not much else happening in the news.

They should report it factually and challenge any Dem/Rep who tries to spin it otherwise. Isn't that doing the better service to the voters?

I don't think anything involving Mike Bloomberg can really be cited as a win for the Republicans, since he is to the left of both of New York's senators.

And that would be a hard case to prove since Hillary is right at the top of the list when her voting record is analyzed.

But the facts remain, the Democrats lost percentages and the Republicans increased theirs.

Back
Top Bottom