• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

https://youtu.be/c6OKOFYNNFs

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/franklin-providence-non-semi-automatic-digital-action-shot-show-2019/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20190206_SHOT_10g&utm_campaign=/digest/franklin-providence-non-semi-automatic-digital-action-shot-show-2019/

Currently, the Providence is still a prototype with a pending patent. It is going to launch in 9x19mm Parabellum, but is expected to be available in 45 ACP and possibly 10mm eventually. The firing sequence begins as you begin to pull the trigger. As the trigger is pulled back, the extraction and ejection phase begins. Mid trigger pull, the bolt slams forward driving a round into the chamber. Upon completion of the trigger pull, the carrier and fixed firing pin fall and detonate the round in the chamber. The action cycle has been completed at this moment and nothing happens until the trigger is reset and pulled again.

So, this might mean more to some people than others but the idea here is that this firing mechanism circumvents the definition of "semi-auto" and, as such, would not be effected by "assault weapon" bans in most states (49 of 50 right now with California pending). Based on what I'm reading, it sounds like a modified double action mechanism. The cycle of operation does not, apparently, rely on blowback and no round is loaded upon completion of the firing cycle.

Nice thread title Luther.

Nice thread title Luther.

Yeah. I was going for the "Abstract Expressionist" thing there. It was pretty successful, if I do say so myself.

The Franklin Armory Providence: Non Semi-Automatic 'Digital' Action - SHOT Show 2019 - GunsAmerica Digest

So, this might mean more to some people than others but the idea here is that this firing mechanism circumvents the definition of "semi-auto" and, as such, would not be effected by "assault weapon" bans in most states (49 of 50 right now with California pending). Based on what I'm reading, it sounds like a modified double action mechanism. The cycle of operation does not, apparently, rely on blowback and no round is loaded upon completion of the firing cycle.

I am sure anti-2nd amendment trash in office will include that into their definition of assault weapon to ban them.

I am sure anti-2nd amendment trash in office will include that into their definition of assault weapon to ban them.

Of course they will. However, it just goes to show how people that appreciate fundamental freedoms in this country will ALWAYS find a way to overcome the burdens government saddles them with.

Of course they will. However, it just goes to show how people that appreciate fundamental freedoms in this country will ALWAYS find a way to overcome the burdens government saddles them with.

I am just not sure its wise to advertise such work arounds.Especially since it hasn't even hit the general market yet.

It has "military features" so it's already falls under the cooky definition.

It has "military features" so it's already falls under the cooky definition.

The AWB says "semiautomatic" and then adds the military features as a disqualifier. It would still be perfectly legal to own a bolt action rifle with a pistol grip, folding stock and flash hider under the AWB.

Back
Top Bottom