• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hs Trump's international policies isolated us from the rest of the world?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump seems to have isolated us from the rest of the world causing our friends to go around us and our enemies getting together. Starting with his withdrawal from the Iran deal and talking about withdrawing from NATO long with his tariffs. Trump seems to have our allies turning their backs on us and leaving us out of talks about mutual dealings with both our security and our business dealings. Now we find out to day from our Intelligence agencies that the Russians and the Chinese are moving toward each other. they seem to be closer to each other than in the past twenty years. All of this seems to stem from Trump's America First policies. I do not think any of this has been good for our country.

Trump seems to have isolated us from the rest of the world causing our friends to go around us and our enemies getting together.

We've been played for chumps for decades by countries that were all too happy to take advantage of our military umbrella without honoring their own commitments to NATO even as they lavished their own citizens with cradle-to-grave social welfare states. I didn't expect them to like it when we finally got a leader with the balls to tell them enough is enough.

We've been played for chumps for decades by countries that were all too happy to take advantage of our military umbrella without honoring their own commitments to NATO even as they lavished their own citizens with cradle-to-grave social welfare states. I didn't expect them to like it when we finally got a leader with the balls to tell them enough is enough.

What we have is a fool who is willing to cut off his nose to spite his face. Nothing he has done has helped our economy or our security. And the NATO countries are all moving toward the goals set for them, which they are yet due to meet. And I won't even discuss the tariffs, as they have done nothing but hurt our farmers and our businesses. Just ask Harley who are having to move a plant overseas due to the tariff war started by the fool in the White House.

"Has Trump's international policies isolated us from the rest of the world?"

He's definitely moving us that way. We're too intertwined for him to fully accomplish it by the end of his term. But he is emboldening our adversaries, alarming our alleged allies, and shrinking our potential as a force for good. His willingness to disrupt the global economy because of his inability to understand the concept of "win-win" is causing not just the Russians and Chinese to move together. He's making them look like more reliable partners than the U.S. in many ways. Our allies who find it increasingly expensive to do business with us will turn to other options, including greater involvement with China and Russia.

Just ask Harley who are having to move a plant overseas due to the tariff war started by the fool in the White House.

Mentioning Harley Davidson is ironic. Three decades ago, the company was in dire financial straits and was "delighted" when the Reagan Administration imposed tariffs on heavy motorcycles made in Japan. It later credited those tariffs for giving the company breathing room and saving it from bankruptcy. Now I guess it has a different take on the subject, eh? What a difference time makes.

U.S. RAISES TARIFF FOR MOTORCYCLES

Mentioning Harley Davidson is ironic. Three decades ago, the company was in dire financial straits and was "delighted" when the Reagan Administration imposed tariffs on heavy motorcycles made in Japan. It later credited those tariffs for giving the company breathing room and saving it from bankruptcy. Now I guess it has a different take on the subject, eh? What a difference time makes.

U.S. RAISES TARIFF FOR MOTORCYCLES

I remember when they were a big subject around Rockford Il before I went to Michigan State, I dont remember the years but before 84, but I do remember them being close to tits up and people had opinions on that, a lot of them had to do with management not getting the job done.

Harley being in trouble after questionable choices is nothing new.

Back
Top Bottom