• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hpd says officers shot, killed gunman on houston's south side

Re: Really?

I would imagine some would think LEO should not use lethal force even when threatened. imo, the case should be investigate. With what little is know, it looks like a good shoot.

HPD says officers shot, killed gunman on Houston's south side | abc13.com

Does anyone here really think law enforcement should not respond to lethal force when it is pointed them?

Each officer shooting should be investigated and case by case - yet on something like this ---does the public really question this?

I don't think any reasonable person thinks that. But sometimes there is disagreement on whether or not they were in imminent danger and sometimes they just don't trust the word of the police, and for good reason.

As for this particular case? If it happened the way the police say it did it sounds like suicide by cop and was justified.

I would imagine some would think LEO should not use lethal force even when threatened. imo, the case should be investigate. With what little is know, it looks like a good shoot.

Yes I agree with all uses of force being investigated. Yet BLM felt the police should have used pepper spray when the man pointed a gun at them after they tried verbally to have him put it down.

I am not minimalizing racial injustice in this country yet get real - officers are targeted and when a person (any person) reaches for a gun they are blatantly provoking and threatening an officer or innocent bystanders.

I don't think any reasonable person thinks that. But sometimes there is disagreement on whether or not they were in imminent danger and sometimes they just don't trust the word of the police, and for good reason.

As for this particular case? If it happened the way the police say it did it sounds like suicide by cop and was justified.

Yes this sounded like suicide by cop or something. I think BLM does an injustice to insist in these situation the officer just wait til he is shot or another citizen is shot.

An officer today was gunned down walking away from a man.

Seriously --- the anti police sentiment and generalizations about officers and inciting violence against officers is as bad as racial injustice or the officers who have committed criminal activity.

BLM was started for a very good reason and now has morphed into something that endangers innocent citizens of all races.

Last edited:

Sadly some BLM have said they should have used pepper spray yet a neighbor in the area said th mean was violent and had attacked neighbors.

Regardless i am sorry for his family.

Yet interesting part is is simulated video of those split second decisions reveals that most people including BLM would pull the trigger faster in simulation video of fatal threats.

Yes I agree with all uses of force being investigated. Yet BLM felt the police should have used pepper spray when the man pointed a gun at them after they tried verbally to have him put it down.

I am not minimalizing racial injustice in this country yet get real - officers are targeted and when a person (any person) reaches for a gun they are blatantly provoking and threatening an officer or innocent bystanders.

They should have shot the gun out of his hand, like I have seen in movies and TV shows a lot. :mrgreen:

Yes this sounded like suicide by cop or something. I think BLM does an injustice to insist in these situation the officer just wait til he is shot or another citizen is shot.

An officer today was gunned down walking away from a man.

Seriously --- the anti police sentiment and generalizations about officers and inciting violence against officers is as bad as racial injustice or the officers who have committed criminal activity.

BLM was started for a very good reason and now has morphed into something that endangers innocent citizens of all races.

What was that reason?

Black communities should be policed by black cops, period. That's the only way this is going to go away.

Black communities should be policed by black cops, period. That's the only way this is going to go away.

Then should "white" communities be policed by "white"?

I believe it would be better to encourage "minorities" to become law enforcement officers. I can accept the idea of more blacks LEO patrolling predominately black neighborhoods may help in relationship between LE and the community.

The question should be, we are not more "minorities" wanting to become LEO's?

Then should "white" communities be policed by "white"?

I believe it would be better to encourage "minorities" to become law enforcement officers. I can accept the idea of more blacks LEO patrolling predominately black neighborhoods may help in relationship between LE and the community.

The question should be, we are not more "minorities" wanting to become LEO's?

Police white areas with anyone you want, because white people aren't the ones launching the terrorist attacks.

What was that reason?

It started initially to follow injustice that has occurred in our judicial system for black Americans. Now sadly some of the members are saying words that to me incite violence against officers of the law and are viewing any instances of police use of lethal force as criminal.

This guy totally gets it - Police Chief David Brown.

Dallas Police Chief: bomb robot "saved lives" - CNN Video

It started initially to follow injustice that has occurred in our judicial system for black Americans. Now sadly some of the members are saying words that to me incite violence against officers of the law and are viewing any instances of police use of lethal force as criminal.

This guy totally gets it - Police Chief David Brown.

Dallas Police Chief: bomb robot "saved lives" - CNN Video

The first I heard of it was with the lie from Ferguson "Hands Up Don't Shoot".

Back
Top Bottom