• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hoyer says House will not seat a North Carolina Republican amid questions about integrity of electio

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Incoming House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer said Friday that Democrats next week will not seat a North Carolina Republican amid allegations of election fraud in the state’s 9th Congressional District.
“Given the now well-documented election fraud that took place in NC-09, Democrats would object to any attempt by [Mark] Harris to be seated on January 3,” Hoyer said in a statement. “In this instance, the integrity of our democratic process outweighs concerns about the seat being vacant at the start of the new Congress.”
The statement came after North Carolina dissolved its elections board Friday without certifying the Nov. 6 results, leaving the fate of the seat in doubt days ahead of the start of the new Congress.

What were the violations?

1) Republican operatives going to the homes of Democrats, and picking up their absentee ballots, which violates the law.

2) Throwing those absentee ballots away, another violation of the law.

It was not the Republican party as a whole which did this, but a couple of Republican operatives who ran this criminal operation, and there is going to be hell to pay. I have no doubt that these jokers are going to be wearing orange for a very long time.

To it's credit, the Republican dominated North Carolina Elections Board has refused to certify this election, and Mark Harris will not be seated when the new term begins. Kudos to THESE Republicans for putting the rule of law ahead of politics. I salute them.

NOTE: It is yet to be determined whether or not Mark Harris was part of this conspiracy. It is my opinion that he had no knowledge of what was going on, so unless there is evidence to the contrary, I am giving him a pass, and wish him luck in the election do-over, which will be honest and legal this time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5e7966decd7a

Good! And I'll go one better: If they can tie the candidate to the fraud, seat his ass in a damn cell!

1) Republican operatives going to the homes of Democrats, and picking up their absentee ballots, which violates the law.

It was not the Republican party as a whole which did this, but a couple of Republican operatives who ran this criminal operation, and there is going to be hell to pay. I have no doubt that these jokers are going to be wearing orange for a very long time.

To it's credit, the Republican dominated North Carolina Elections Board has refused to certify this election, and Mark Harris will not be seated when the new term begins. Kudos to THESE Republicans for putting the rule of law ahead of politics. I salute them.

NOTE: It is yet to be determined whether or not Mark Harris was part of this conspiracy. It is my opinion that he had no knowledge of what was going on, so unless there is evidence to the contrary, I am giving him a pass, and wish him luck in the election do-over, which will be honest and legal this time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5e7966decd7a

Isn't amazing that the republicans always are claiming voter/election fraud.....yet they are the ones doing it?

the assholes who stole absentee ballots should be investigated.

They already are. I predict serious prison time for one of them.

Taken care of by the state on NC.

NC elections board refuses to certify 9th District race, leaving it in limbo

November 27, 2018

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article222263905.html

The state board of elections Tuesday refused to certify the results of the 9th Congressional District election after one board member cited what he called “unfortunate activities” in the eastern part of the district.

It’s unclear what those activities involved or what the failure to certify might mean. The board discussed the matter in closed session.

Republican Mark Harris defeated Democrat Dan McCready by 905 votes.

Election board member Joshua Malcolm raised the issue in what was expected to be a routine certification of the results of North Carolina’s 13 congressional races. He asked the board to remove the 9th District from the list of those to be certified.

Malcolm cited a statute that allows the board the authority to take any necessary action “to assure that an election is determined without taint of fraud or corruption and without irregularities that may have changed the result of an election.”

The silence from Donald on this is deafening considering how he cries so often about unproven claims of Democrat fraud.

The silence from Donald on this is deafening considering how he cries so often about unproven claims of Democrat fraud.

A month ago a legal recount was a huge threat to the integrity of elections.

Actual systematic electoral fraud to send a Republican to the House? Crickets.

Yes, but the GOP stopped that in 2016 and when the Trump admin were informed about it in 2017, they ignored it and instead went after the usual suspects..

But wait [emoji848] this election happened in 2018? Yes but the guy suspected of doing it, was already doing it in 2016 and most likely before that...

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

They already are. I predict serious prison time for one of them.
Naw at worst they will get convicted with small sentences and then pardoned.

More likely is that they will not even be charged and the Feds won't do anything.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

"Ballot harvesting" will become the new thing. It is how the California red house races turned blue. The DNC got lists of all democrat voter's addresses, and then went in person to pick up ballots that hadn't been mailed. The idea is that most of the collected ballots are unsealed but signed. Then certain choices can be voided by adding a second mark to the candidate. Many people vote for governor or president and a proposition or two, and that is all. The harvester collects the unsealed ballot and fills out the rest. This is illegal in most states due to fraud, and lack of "chain of custody" issues. It's been going on for illegally for years but Gov. Brown signed it quietly into law as a present to his party.

It's a practice that should be stopped, but how can you expect the winners to stop it?

"Ballot harvesting" will become the new thing. It is how the California red house races turned blue. The DNC got lists of all democrat voter's addresses, and then went in person to pick up ballots that hadn't been mailed. The idea is that most of the collected ballots are unsealed but signed. Then certain choices can be voided by adding a second mark to the candidate. Many people vote for governor or president and a proposition or two, and that is all. The harvester collects the unsealed ballot and fills out the rest. This is illegal in most states due to fraud, and lack of "chain of custody" issues. It's been going on for illegally for years but Gov. Brown signed it quietly into law as a present to his party.

It's a practice that should be stopped, but how can you expect the winners to stop it?

Ballot harvesting is a Federal offense. Got a link to show what you are claiming? If you can produce one from a legitimate source, I will gladly take your side.

Fact is that California is blue because it is California. Texas is red because it is Texas.

Welcome to “my side” the side of honesty, truth, and the American way!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ifornias-ballot-harvesting-favored-democrats/

I asked for a reputable link, not one connected with political douchebaggery, as well as criminal acts. Here is a reputable link:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-ballot-harvesting-20181207-story.html

1) The truth is that there is absolutely no evidence that Republicans lost in California due to ballot harvesting.

2) However, the law which legalized it in 2016, does open the door to misuse of that tactic, and needs to be killed. We can agree on that, but that only.

3) And Republicans also legally engaged in ballot harvesting in California. However, unlike the Republican operatives in North Carolina, they did not throw away ballots.

4) Once again, in North Carolina, it was the Republican Party itself which refused to certify that election, because of the massive evidence that a couple of their own actually threw Democratic ballots in the garbage after collecting them.

5) There is a huge difference between harvesting ballots and turning them in and harvesting ballots and throwing them in the garbage. One is legal in California, and the other is a felony in all 50 states, as well as a Federal crime.

6) Brietbart? Really? The internet site in which it's former editor was convicted of not only falsifying evidence, but also of attempting to bait Planned Parenthood into admitting to crimes it never committed by doctoring the tape? You have the unmitigated gall to call that a legitimate news source?

7) And, finally, we know what your post was really about. Supporting a shameful lie.

8) And, yes, you are a Trump supporter, through and through, your post absolutely proves it.

9) The ends justify the means, invented by Plato, refined by Machiavelli, and used by Karl Marx, as well as Joseph Stalin.

10) Well done, Komrade.

Last edited:
I asked for a reputable link, not one connected with political douchebaggery, as well as criminal acts. Here is a reputable link:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-ballot-harvesting-20181207-story.html

1) The truth is that there is absolutely no evidence that Republicans lost in California due to ballot harvesting.

2) However, the law which legalized it in 2016, does open the door to misuse of that tactic, and needs to be killed. We can agree on that, but that only.

3) And Republicans also legally engaged in ballot harvesting in California. However, unlike the Republican operatives in North Carolina, they did not throw away ballots.

4) Once again, in North Carolina, it was the Republican Party itself which refused to certify that election, because of the massive evidence that a couple of their own actually threw Democratic ballots in the garbage after collecting them.

5) There is a huge difference between harvesting ballots and turning them in and harvesting ballots and throwing them in the garbage. One is legal in California, and the other is a felony in all 50 states, as well as a Federal crime.

6) Brietbart? Really? The internet site in which it's former editor was convicted of not only falsifying evidence, but also of attempting to bait Planned Parenthood into admitting to crimes it never committed by doctoring the tape? You have the unmitigated gall to call that a legitimate news source?

7) And, finally, we know what your post was really about. Supporting a shameful lie.

8) And, yes, you are a Trump supporter, through and through, your post absolutely proves it.

9) The ends justify the means, invented by Plato, refined by Machiavelli, and used by Karl Marx, as well as Joseph Stalin.

10) Well done, Komrade.

I figured you'd weasel out. Typical lefty.

california ballot harvesting lawsuit - Google Search

Take your pick.

Back
Top Bottom