• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hoyer says border walls 'obviously' work, rejects Pelosi's suggestion that barrier is 'immorality'

Israel has a wall. It works almost perfectly.

Hungary has a barrier with the meanest flesh slicing razor wire, and it works so well migrants are now trying to enter over the mountains in Italy.

The incompetent Communists had a wall that worked almost perfectly.

Our experts state walls work.

Steny Hoyer admits walls work, and are not immoral.

Check-mate... mate.

PS. The Vatican has a massive wall. The Democrat Convention had 4 miles of wall... shall I go on? ROTFLOL...
Until people realized wire cutters were a thing...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35624118

I think it would be better to give them a one way ticket to England.

Or Canada. I like it when they sing.

Until people realized wire cutters were a thing...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35624118

That’s why big beautiful walls are better. Huge, honk’in Steel or concrete & Steel walls.

Thanks for helping make the point about walls vs. barriers.

Cheers.

PS. That article ... 2016. Last I heard, migrants tried an alternate route through the Alps.

Last edited:
ROTFLOL.

Nice straw man. It one of those really silly ones which burns exceptionally well.

LOL... yeah, we need to gun down people. Doh... no. We simply have to build a substantial structure that deters people, couple it with modern technology that allows our BC Agents to manage the situation... stop the illegal invaders before putting a foot down on US Soil.

This discussion has turned silly due to the outright lack of even halfway clear thinking by those on the Left.

You keep saying walls deter people. They don't. Guards deter people. The only thing a wall does is alert the guards that someone is trying to cross the wall because they can see them. The guards are the deterrent.

Do you agree that without guards present, or less than a few minutes drive away, walls of any height don't deter anything except children and animals?

That’s why big beautiful walls are better. Huge, honk’in Steel or concrete & Steel walls.

Thanks for helping make the point about walls vs. barriers.

Cheers.

You realize they make aluminum extension ladders 60' high, right?

You keep saying walls deter people. They don't. Guards deter people. The only thing a wall does is alert the guards that someone is trying to cross the wall because they can see them. The guards are the deterrent.

Do you agree that without guards present, or less than a few minutes drive away, walls of any height don't deter anything except children and animals?

ROTFLOL... walls work.

Of course there need be human and technological support, but they work... almost perfectly.

You realize they make aluminum extension ladders 60' high, right?

Yeah. So what. It doesn’t help them trying to get into Israel.

You do realize walls have a tremendous record of success? The agent Trump met at the border went through the effectiveness using statistics.

Hell, even Steny Hoyer admitted walls work.

ROTFLOL... walls work.

Of course there need be human and technological support, but they work... almost perfectly.

Stealing peoples' land to build them could prove unpopular in Texas

ROTFLOL... walls work.

Do you also think that door locks work almost perfectly? Do you think I couldn't get into your house if you lock your door?

Yeah. So what. It doesn’t help them trying to get into Israel.

You do realize walls have a tremendous record of success? The agent Trump met at the border went through the effectiveness using statistics.

Trump? Statistics? Bwaaahaaahaaaahaaa!

My point is that what it did is not something we should be emulating here in the U.S. If the argument for a wall is "it worked when the Soviets did it!" then we should probably take a step back and ask what exactly we are doing.

We should not emulatinte building a wall. OK, but we already have a some walls on our southern border. Thus I take your comment that what walls we do have on the southern border should be taken down. And that leaves you with nothing but a LINE IN THE SAND, which thousand of illegals can just walk over in the middle of the night and never be apprehended.

Israel has a wall. It works almost perfectly.

Hungary has a barrier with the meanest flesh slicing razor wire, and it works so well migrants are now trying to enter over the mountains in Italy.

The incompetent Communists had a wall that worked almost perfectly.

Because Israel and Hungary and Communists have/had border guards patrolling their fences constantly.

Our experts state walls work.

Actually, they state the opposite: Walls don't work... Except in urban areas with a high population density and a high number of border patrol agents... Where, lo and behold, there is already existing fencing.

Steny Hoyer admits walls work, and are not immoral.

In heavily patrolled urban areas, he's right.

PS. The Vatican has a massive wall. The Democrat Convention had 4 miles of wall... shall I go on? ROTFLOL...

It's important to remember the difference between crimes of opportunity and planned crimes. Having a fence around your yard with a locked gate is great for encouraging people looking for a crime of opportunity to bypass your house for an easier score across the street. It does nothing to prevent an enemy from planning and executing a break in for the singular purpose of stealing something inside your house. Illegal immigrants fall into the latter category.

Last edited:
Think of it this way:

Imagine you are a burglar looking to steal some valuable jewelry. You know of an estate on some land with a 10 foot wall surrounding it. You know the occupants are at the opera for the night and you have a good 2 hours before they get home. You walk up to this 10' fence and see a running police car parked across the street. Are you going to break into this estate? If not, did the wall stop you?

Now imagine the same scenario with no police car. In fact, you happen to know the nearest police officer is a 3 hour drive away from this estate. Are you going to break into this estate? Will the wall stop you?

Illegal immigrants aren't just looking for the nearest country to break into. They come to the border with the express intention of entering the United States. There is no other country to try. Walls won't stop them. Nothing, in fact, can stop them except for an armed human within interception range.

We should not emulatinte building a wall. OK, but we already have a some walls on our southern border. Thus I take your comment that what walls we do have on the southern border should be taken down. And that leaves you with nothing but a LINE IN THE SAND, which thousand of illegals can just walk over in the middle of the night and never be apprehended.
Without patrols you just have a wall in the sand that people can easily go over. The point is that investing in a wall is foolish and not worth the costs (which go far beyond the 5+ billion Trump seeks for the construction). There are better ways.

The Berlin Wall did not work? ROTFLOL... that’s so absurd it’s ****ing hilarious.

Added to that bit of hilarity...

...You do realize, you contradicted yourself within your paragraph? You claim it didn’t work, and then listed the support which, using your words, helped “prevent escape”.

Apologies while I... ROTFLOL.
As I said, try to educate yourself before making moronic assertions.

... almost perfectly... despite the leadership in the country being spectacularly incompetent.

Where in the DDR did your wife and in-laws live? I’ve seen a fair bit of it... from the 90’s onward.

They didn't. They lived in Prague. Worst thing that ever happened to me, was my wife learning English... :lamo

My point is that what it did is not something we should be emulating here in the U.S. If the argument for a wall is "it worked when the Soviets did it!" then we should probably take a step back and ask what exactly we are doing.

That wasn't your "point" at all.
You said:
Please, do tell me what ended up happening to the Berlin Wall and its great success. I'll wait.
Your "point", such as it was, was that the Berlin wall was torn down, thus didn't work.
Which, of course, was a silly thing to say.

It was effective not because it was a wall but because it was constantly manned with armed guards who were given order " shoot to kill".

Hilarious...
Are you both gonna start saying silly crap now?

That wasn't your "point" at all.

Your "point", such as it was, was that the Berlin wall was torn down, thus didn't work.
Which, of course, was a silly thing to say.
My point was what I just said it was. As I said, I initially made it in a fairly opaque way, so I can't blame you for missing it.

Border crossings are at a 45 year low, and drugs come through ports. There's no reason to squander cash on a white elpephant.

Excuse me but...are you an agent for Honduras?
Because you sound like one to me. Your post here makes it clear that you place the lives of Hondurans above those of Americans.
One would think, from reading this post, that you're attempting to belittle the effect of the caravans, the current crisis in Tijuana with them, and the coming of a new caravan from...Honduras. Are you also an agent for the refugees trying to get to Britain from Calais? I think you might be.

My point was what I just said it was. As I said, I initially made it in a fairly opaque way, so I can't blame you for missing it.

:lamo
Oh horse ****!
Nice try...

If you want to emulate East Berlin, I suggest you think twice.

Ya know...having already been hung out to dry...why would you continue to argue against a wall?

Unless...
You must be an agent for Honduras. That's it. You and all those who would put the lives of these caravan people and illegal immigrants, over the lives of Americans, must be foreign agents. Acting against America's best interests and people, in order to do the bidding of Honduras or some other foreign power.
OMG! Someone quick. Get the FBI. Get the DOJ. We're surrounded by anti-American foreign agents!

Back
Top Bottom