• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Howdy!

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Well, I guess technically I'm still a newbie, since I've only been here for a week, so here goes.

The Stace is a nickname for my given name, Stacy. Feel free to address me by either!

I'm 22 and live in Charlotte, NC, with my husband and our two cats. I've been married for almost three years now. No children yet, but perhaps that'll change within the next year or two.

I was born in Iowa, but I've also lived in Florida, South Carolina, Minnesota, and now North Carolina. I still consider Minnesota home though.

I joined the Air Force in October 2001. After Basic Training, I spent 8 1/2 months in Biloxi, Mississippi learning the trade of Ground Radio Maintenance - basically, maintaining the radio systems used by the air traffic control tower and aircraft pilots for communication.

My first duty station was Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. After I met my husband, and married him, I transferred down to Pope AFB in Fayetteville, NC, as hubby was part of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg.

I just separated from the Air Force this past October, and right now, I'm an unemployed bum :mrgreen: Not quite sure what I want to do, though I'd eventually like to pursue a Bachelor's in English.

A few of my hobbies include scrapbooking, computer graphics, photography, and playing The Sims 2. Yes, I'm a total geek and proud of it!

NASCAR is the only sport I really follow...if you can't tell from my avatar, I'm a Kasey Kahne fan.

T.V. shows I watch regularly - The O.C., Smallville, Reunion (darn Fox for cancelling it on me! But it'll be on for a couple more weeks at least), My Name Is Earl, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, and Desperate Housewives.

But all of that isn't really what you're here to learn, is it? You want to know my political stance....

I consider myself liberal/Democratic, as noted in my profile and all, but just to make one thing clear: I am not registered as a Democrat. I keep myself unaffiliated in that respect - my views tend to lean to the left, but every now and then I sway right.

Anyway, I suppose that's me in a pretty large nutshell....by all means, feel free to ask me anything. I consider myself a pretty friendly, easy going/laid back sort of person, and I'm always open to new ideas. I like to use humor and sarcasm a lot, so if you're not sure if I'm being serious about something, all you've got to do is ask....general guideline would be to assume that I'm not aiming to offend anyone though.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading, and I'll see you around the forums!

Last edited:
Welcome to Debate Politics!

I met yah in the chatroom. I have a feeling we are guna butt heads on a few topics. lol

Excellent intro btw.

Stace said:
Well, I guess technically I'm still a newbie, since I've only been here for a week, so here goes.

The Stace is a nickname for my given name, Stacy. Feel free to address me by either!

I'm 22 and live in Charlotte, NC, with my husband and our two cats. I've been married for almost three years now. No children yet, but perhaps that'll change within the next year or two.

I was born in Iowa, but I've also lived in Florida, South Carolina, Minnesota, and now North Carolina. I still consider Minnesota home though.

I joined the Air Force in October 2001. After Basic Training, I spent 8 1/2 months in Biloxi, Mississippi learning the trade of Ground Radio Maintenance - basically, maintaining the radio systems used by the air traffic control tower and aircraft pilots for communication.

My first duty station was Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. After I met my husband, and married him, I transferred down to Pope AFB in Fayetteville, NC, as hubby was part of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg.

I just separated from the Air Force this past October, and right now, I'm an unemployed bum :mrgreen: Not quite sure what I want to do, though I'd eventually like to pursue a Bachelor's in English.

A few of my hobbies include scrapbooking, computer graphics, photography, and playing The Sims 2. Yes, I'm a total geek and proud of it!

NASCAR is the only sport I really follow...if you can't tell from my avatar, I'm a Kasey Kahne fan.

T.V. shows I watch regularly - The O.C., Smallville, Reunion (darn Fox for cancelling it on me! But it'll be on for a couple more weeks at least), My Name Is Earl, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, and Desperate Housewives.

But all of that isn't really what you're here to learn, is it? You want to know my political stance....

I consider myself liberal/Democratic, as noted in my profile and all, but just to make one thing clear: I am not registered as a Democrat. I keep myself unaffiliated in that respect - my views tend to lean to the left, but every now and then I sway right.

Anyway, I suppose that's me in a pretty large nutshell....by all means, feel free to ask me anything. I consider myself a pretty friendly, easy going/laid back sort of person, and I'm always open to new ideas. I like to use humor and sarcasm a lot, so if you're not sure if I'm being serious about something, all you've got to do is ask....general guideline would be to assume that I'm not aiming to offend anyone though.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading, and I'll see you around the forums!

So if you are so new here... and you have that little icon underneath your name... declaring you as an esteemed member (silver)...

One can only assume there is an aspect of cronyism at work here.

What else would signify such?

I seperated from the air force as an officer and an esteemed scientist. This has not been to any political advantage to me in terms of credibility. I seem to be a smart guy but I fail to recognize the difference.

Does it have something to do with financial contribution?

Last edited:
Hello Stace!:2wave:

welcomecolors.gif

Conflict said:
So if you are so new here... and you have that little icon underneath your name... declaring you as an esteemed member (silver)...

One can only assume there is an aspect of cronyism at work here.

What else would signify such?

I seperated from the air force as an officer and an esteemed scientist. This has not been to any political advantage to me in terms of credibility. I seem to be a smart guy but I fail to recognize the difference.

Does it have something to do with financial contribution?

Yup, I parted with some dinero....no cronyism at work here!

Stace said:
Yup, I parted with some dinero....no cronyism at work here!

Good. I was beginning to worry. That seems logical.. I could understand such a concept...

Money does make the world go round. Heck I might even have a few bucks to lend.. you never know.

There is always room for jurisprudence.

;)

BTW Stace sorry to expose this.... it is only a virtue of anyone whom may be concerned to be inquisitive about the matter.

Conflict said:
Good. I was beginning to worry. That seems logical.. I could understand such a concept...

Money does make the world go round. Heck I might even have a few bucks to lend.. you never know.

There is always room for jurisprudence.

;)

BTW Stace sorry to expose this.... it is only a virtue of anyone whom may be concerned to be inquisitive about the matter.

Oh, no problem. I don't mind anyone knowing that I supported the site monetarily. I tend to do that for things I believe serve a good cause and/or purpose.

Besides, it's only $10 a year, hardly breaking the bank, even for a broke bum like me :mrgreen:

Stace said:
Oh, no problem. I don't mind anyone knowing that I supported the site monetarily. I tend to do that for things I believe serve a good cause and/or purpose.

Besides, it's only $10 a year, hardly breaking the bank, even for a broke bum like me :mrgreen:

I suppose I was oblivious to this option. I remember Vauge mentioning something about it.... but I never thought twice.

I apologize if I seemed a bit bold (I already told you I was bold didn't I?).

Geez don't I feel like the moron now. Yes, I called myself a moron!

Conflict said:
I suppose I was oblivious to this option. I remember Vauge mentioning something about it.... but I never thought twice.

I apologize if I seemed a bit bold (I already told you I was bold didn't I?).

Geez don't I feel like the moron now. Yes, I called myself a moron!

Aw, it's ok, I still like ya....

I mean, I'm a self proclaimed geek, and there's at least two people on here that I'm pretty sure think I'm a moron, but...eh. Whatever. That's just 'cause I'm on the "wrong" side of the issues.

Stace said:
Aw, it's ok, I still like ya....

I mean, I'm a self proclaimed geek, and there's at least two people on here that I'm pretty sure think I'm a moron, but...eh. Whatever. That's just 'cause I'm on the "wrong" side of the issues.

It's ok to be on the "wrong" side of the issues - from your point of view I fit that description well.

I am me and *sniff* I am okay.

Ok, gotta question to ask ...

What is difference between geek, nerd, dork?
I thought I had it down, but daughter keeps correcting me. lol

vauge said:
It's ok to be on the "wrong" side of the issues - from your point of view I fit that description well.

I am me and *sniff* I am okay.

Ok, gotta question to ask ...

What is difference between geek, nerd, dork?
I thought I had it down, but daughter keeps correcting me. lol

geek - technical

nerd - social

dork - overall(combination)

I am a computer geek, but I am, in no sense, a nerd...

cnredd said:
geek - technical

nerd - social

dork - overall(combination)

I am a computer geek, but I am, in no sense, a nerd...

well, using these definitions, I am a dork. Crap. I only called myself a geek to begin with.

There you go not giving yourself enough credit again. :mrgreen:

vauge said:
There you go not giving yourself enough credit again. :mrgreen:

Eh, I don't think I've done enough to be given credit for, anyhow.

Wait, I've found something!!

I got Navy Pride to say he's done with me in just a week....maybe that's a new record!!!

Haha, just kidding. :mrgreen:

welcbnr.gif

Hope to see ya on the threads Stace!

:tink:~Tashah~

Welcome.

It's been nice arguing with you.;)

Oh, that's my sisters name as well, you remind me of here, silly liberals.:lol:

Stace said:
Wait, I've found something!!

I got Navy Pride to say he's done with me in just a week....maybe that's a new record!!!

Haha, just kidding. :mrgreen:

Woohoo! I like this girl.

Welcome to the forum, Stace! I, for one, am very glad to see you here. Let's go have a drink and poke fun at "The Pride", lol.

mixedmedia said:
Woohoo! I like this girl.

Welcome to the forum, Stace! I, for one, am very glad to see you here. Let's go have a drink and poke fun at "The Pride", lol.

As long as someone else is buying the first round, I'm in!

Stace said:
As long as someone else is buying the first round, I'm in!

I can handle that. I've been saving my change for just this sort of occasion. :mrgreen:

mixedmedia said:
I can handle that. I've been saving my change for just this sort of occasion.

Sweet!

:drink :beer: :cheers: :party

Oh....I do love me some smilies.....Too bad there's a limit on how many I can use.

lol, didn't realize we had that many drinkin' smilies.

Back
Top Bottom