• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Howard Stern taps into the contempt being felt by those who have been vaccinated...

Rale-he's basically got it right.I'm probably the .001 percent of Stern fans.A superfan. Been following him since he was at DC 101. I'm on all the Stern groups,the current fans are disillusoned to say the least.The politically correct Howard suxxxxxxx.
Gone are the 'retards' ,'midgets' kkk guys.

Gary ,Eric, Wendy,Beetlejuice, Hank,Daniel Carver.........you have to youtube these people. Funniest Shit ever . Ever.
I’ve always enjoyed irreverent humor. Stern is the master of irreverent humor. It’s been several years since I’ve listened to him though.
Were you ever a listener? I don't think this is really debatable honestly. Stern used to have a rabid fan base that was everywhere all the time. Now his social media and reddit base is shrinking when everything else is growing. I don't blame the guy, what does he care, he is in full sell-out mode.

There is no evidence to his support, the only person who would have that works for Sirius and even then it is probably pretty difficult to pinpoint. I can just tell you from what I see and hear from people online and in person who I knew were fans.

Here's the easiest way to ask it. How many people do you know that started listening to his show in the last several years? How many have stopped listening in the last several years. It is a lopsided ratio.

BIG NUMBER:​

15%: In a recent report, Credit Suisse analyst Brian Russo estimated that 15% (or roughly 2.7 million subscribers) of Stern listeners could cancel their SiriusXM subscriptions if Stern retired or left the company.

Last edited:
Your right, unlike the obese, alcoholics, smokers, criminals and drug addicts, being exposed to secondhand smoke is not someone's decision. So of course people who contracted cancer from secondhand smoke, just like heart attack patients, should be a high priority, unlike people who refuse to be vaccinated who should be a low priority. Another factor is that the obese, alcoholics, smokers and drug addicts will not spread their diseases to potentially thousands of innocent people.

Looking into secondhand smoking data just now, I wasn't surprised to find that Trumpists controlled states have the highest percentage of smokers...
Smokers Obese Alcoholics etc like Those who choose not to take the vaccine are making choices that impact their health. If your position is those who make poor choices concerning their health then fine be consistent across the board and treat all poor choices equal. Their body their choice. I would hope they choose vaccinations

Smokers Obese Alcoholics etc like Those who choose not to take the vaccine are making choices that impact their health. If your position is those who make poor choices concerning their health then fine be consistent across the board and treat all poor choices equal. Their body their choice. I would hope they choose vaccinations
Eat a bad diet, become obese; Their poor choice, their dead body.
Refuse to be vaccinated, contract Covid; Their selfish choice, five dead bodies.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen"
I would hope vaccines are made mandatory every government building and public venue...

I’ve always enjoyed irreverent humor. Stern is the master of irreverent humor. It’s been several years since I’ve listened to him though.

You really should listen to a few shows and just see what I am talking about. The show dramatically changed in the last 2-3 years. I am sure politics was part of it, but I really just think he became so paranoid, fearful, and attention needy that he fell apart.

BIG NUMBER:​

15%: In a recent report, Credit Suisse analyst Brian Russo estimated that 15% (or roughly 2.7 million subscribers) of Stern listeners could cancel their SiriusXM subscriptions if Stern retired or left the company.

Think about that for a second. His show was regularly over 20MM listeners before he went to satellite. That means his fan base has shrunk to ~15% of it's previous. That's kinda what I am talking about. The problem is on terrestrial radio there is a third party rating agency that tracks this. I am not even sure if Sirius can track it other than surveys.

Refuse to be vaccinated, contract Covid; Their selfish choice, five dead bodies.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen"
I would hope vaccines are made mandatory every government building and public venue...
We obviously disagree on mandates, but only you decided to tell a lie about catching COVID and killing five people. If you feel your position is so strong why resort to dishonest information? Why ignore the fact most people who catch Covid do not require any hospital stay heck someone people have it and never show a symptom.

Biden can't change the mindless stupidity of the delusional. Nor can he instantly materialize enough Intensive care units to fit all the stupid of this World. This pandemic is here to stay untill herd immunity is reached...... One way or another.

So why did he promise he was going to?

Are you saying he’s a liar as well as a failure?

Or is he one of those stupid and delusional people you’re talking about?

So why did he promise he was going to?

Are you saying he’s a liar as well as a failure?

Or is he one of those stupid and delusional people you’re talking about?
The delusional ones are the moronic anti-vaxers and anti-maskers and all their supporters. I don't think Biden anticipated just how stupid half our country is. But was it naivety on the president's part?..... Or just foolish optimism?

The delusional ones are the moronic anti-vaxers and anti-maskers and all their supporters. I don't think Biden anticipated just how stupid half our country is. But was it naivety on the president's part?..... Or just foolish optimism?

So, Biden has been an elected official for like 50 years and he has no clue how Americans think?

He thinks he knows Black people enough to go around telling them “you ain’t Black”, but he doesn’t know Black people enough to know they don’t want to get vaccinated?

Even though his own VP, chosen in part because she was Black, was out there telling people not to take the vaccine?

What is he stupid? Delusional?

So, Biden has been an elected official for like 50 years and he has no clue how Americans think?

He thinks he knows Black people enough to go around telling them “you ain’t Black”, but he doesn’t know Black people enough to know they don’t want to get vaccinated?

Even though his own VP, chosen in part because she was Black, was out there telling people not to take the vaccine?

What is he stupid? Delusional?
Looks like you have your"mind" made up. Go to town with it then.

We obviously disagree on mandates, but only you decided to tell a lie about catching COVID and killing five people. If you feel your position is so strong why resort to dishonest information?
Jeez I'm trying to make a point. Someone who refuses the vax can spread it to others, who can spread it to others, who can spread it to others. Even if only two out of ten Covid patients develop severe respiratory problems, the total number of potential dead is far more than five.

You can have Covid and pass it on well before you're showing any symptoms.
"...Researchers say that on average, every person who has COVID-19 will pass it on to 2 or 2.5 others. One study says that number is even higher, with one sick person infecting between 4.7 and 6.6 others (origin of 5 number)..."

Why ignore the fact most people who catch Covid do not require any hospital stay heck someone people have it and never show a symptom.
Your sentence sums up the attitude of many non-vaxxers, for them, it's all about them. It's personal freedom, period, no thought for anything or anyone else, screw Americans and America. Like mask wearing, getting vaccinated is about other Americans, not about yourself. It's about others, it's a foreign concept and difficult for many conservatives to grasp as it runs opposite to the conservative credo; me, me, me. If conservatives can't be coaxed by humanity, I wonder if they can by their golden calf? Covid could very well cost us 16 trillion depending on the number of cases and guess what effects that?

And you're right again, it's only a minority who show major symptoms and require hospitalizations, but the total number of this, 'minority' is huge. The unvaccinated have overwhelmed our hospitals and now they're turning away heart attack victims in order to treat some yahoo asshole who refused to vax himself. Dead bodies stacked in refrigerator trucks because the morgues are overflowing. The worst hit are in the states with the lowest vaxx rates. People can use statistics to downplay the worst pandemic in US history, which has killed 680,000 Americans, but we know the more unvaxxed, the more illnesses and death...

Jeez I'm trying to make a point. Someone who refuses the vax can spread it to others, who can spread it to others, who can spread it to others. Even if only two out of ten Covid patients develop severe respiratory problems, the total number of potential dead is far more than five.

You can have Covid and pass it on well before you're showing any symptoms.
"...Researchers say that on average, every person who has COVID-19 will pass it on to 2 or 2.5 others. One study says that number is even higher, with one sick person infecting between 4.7 and 6.6 others (origin of 5 number)..."

Your sentence sums up the attitude of many non-vaxxers, for them, it's all about them. It's personal freedom, period, no thought for anything or anyone else, screw Americans and America. Like mask wearing, getting vaccinated is about other Americans, not about yourself. It's about others, it's a foreign concept and difficult for many conservatives to grasp as it runs opposite to the conservative credo; me, me, me. If conservatives can't be coaxed by humanity, I wonder if they can by their golden calf? Covid could very well cost us 16 trillion depending on the number of cases and guess what effects that?

And you're right again, it's only a minority who show major symptoms and require hospitalizations, but the total number of this, 'minority' is huge. The unvaccinated have overwhelmed our hospitals and now they're turning away heart attack victims in order to treat some yahoo asshole who refused to vax himself. Dead bodies stacked in refrigerator trucks because the morgues are overflowing. The worst hit are in the states with the lowest vaxx rates. People can use statistics to downplay the worst pandemic in US history, which has killed 680,000 Americans, but we know the more unvaxxed, the more illnesses and death...
The you should try and make your points without resulting to lies and disinformation if you expect to be taken serious. The vaccine is a personal choice everyone should make for themselves

I especially like this part: "
And I'm really of mind to say, 'Look, if you didn't get vaccinated and you got Covid, you don't get into a hospital.'"
For emphasis, he added, "You were offered the cure and you wouldn't take it." The only problem is now so many unvaccinated have fake vaccine cards...... These POS are the scabs of humanity.
You liked him calling the vaccine "THE CURE" when it is no such thing?

If everyone was vaccinated, the pandemic would cease to exist. The unvaccinated are perpetuating the pandemic. Because of anti-vaxers stupidity, the pandemic persists. Which part of that confuses you?
Where on Earth did you get this idea?

So he is vaccinated and advocates wearing a mask...what more does he need...a big ass roll of bubble wrap? Seems to me there are a lot of bitter angry hate filled small little people really mad at others that have lived their lives without needing a mommy to tell them how to act.
Deplorable's need somebody to tell them how to act.

How is it possible that your so tragically uninformed? Covid deaths amoungst the fully vaccinated is at 0.8% while the unvaccinated are at 37%. So being vaccinated massively reduces your chances of dying and massively reduces your chances of needing an ICU bed. You need to stop spreading misinformation.
Let's assume this is true.

Why are you concerned about what other people do?

How does it affect you if somebody else is vaccinated or not?

Please explain.

Deplorable's need somebody to tell them how to act.
:ROFLMAO: No...leftist muppets need someone to tell them how to act. And to think. To vote. When to breathe. Remind them to not walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. Exist.

I do know he had Trump on his show quite a few times though.
His ratings went through the roof every time Trump was on.

Howard would have had a dancing chimp on a lot if he brought high ratings. That was his business after all.

:ROFLMAO: No...leftist muppets need someone to tell them how to act. And to think. To vote. When to breathe. Remind them to not walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. Exist.
Partisan politics is destroying this country.

Where on Earth did you get this idea?
Your right. I misspoke... The pandemic, as we know it now, would end. If "everyone" were vaccinated, then covid could be managed as an endemic disease and we could resume the transition towards normalcy. Unfortunately, that's assuming a significant new variant doesn't emerge and takes everything back to day one. If everyone were vaccinated it would be a big step towards resuming normalcy.

The bolded would lead me to believe yo think the vaccine stops a person from contracting the virus and also from passing said virus to another person.

You do know that is not thee case, right?

We obviously disagree on mandates, but only you decided to tell a lie about catching COVID and killing five people. If you feel your position is so strong why resort to dishonest information? Why ignore the fact most people who catch Covid do not require any hospital stay heck someone people have it and never show a symptom.
A friend of mine entered the hospital and tested negative. A week later he tested positive and never showed even one symptom.

They moved him to a COVID unit and he watched 9 people die there. In Mexico we have government health care, which is what people in the US want, and they didn't have the equipment to treat anybody, so they let the people die.

This was last year at the height of things. A vaccine would have done nothing for him.

Let's assume this is true.

Why are you concerned about what other people do?

How does it affect you if somebody else is vaccinated or not?

Please explain.
The unvaccinated catch covid and spread covid much more efficiently than the vaccinated. Right now, across America, ICU beds are filling up with the unvaccinated. Beds that could be empty, but aren't, simply because some anti-vaxer refused to be vaccinated. I realize that most anti-vaxers don't care about problems like these until a loved one or themselves gets directly affected by it. But I see it as a real problem when ICU beds are chock full of covid patients who are only there because they refused to be vaccinated.

Jeez I'm trying to make a point. Someone who refuses the vax can spread it to others, who can spread it to others, who can spread it to others.
Someone who receives the vax can spread it to others, who can spread it to others, who can spread it to others.

Again, you do know this, right?

Back
Top Bottom